The New Infiltrator Update! - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: SIGBOT ATE MY KIDS!!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2014-02-13, 02:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
CraazyCanuck
First Sergeant

Re: The New Infiltrator Update!

Yes that would be an ugly scenario. I wonder if the emp grenades would take down an infiltrators cloak? They are suppose to take out an enemies shielding. Something worth testing unless someone already has an answer from their experience on the PT server.

The only thing I don't like is the recon bolt option on the new xbow. It being crossclass and all, not good.

Last edited by CraazyCanuck; 2014-02-13 at 02:51 PM.
Old 2014-02-13, 02:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
War Barney
Sergeant Major

Its meant to but that relies on having a infiltrator whos specced for it, this patch has made it pretty much essential to have a darklight scope on any and every weapon you use, people seem to be underestimating how powerful this cloak is. A lot of the time I play a infiltrator I find myself running out of stealth while waiting for the enemy to arrive or stand still for a easy shot, this removes that disadvantage so will make ghost capping infiltrators VERY common and will be a pain in the ass in many other situations
Old 2014-02-13, 03:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Dragonskin
Major

We have radar options.... flashes, lightnings, MBTs, sunderers, harassers, and ESFs can all equip scout radar. Every class now has the ability to fire a motion detector with crossbows using detector darts. Infiltrators will have motion detectors they can lay down that last for extended periods of time and they still have their motion sensor darts that are far superior to detector bolts. So if an infiltrator moves... you can detect it. How many more radar options do you need?

Cloak has a distinct sound. They have to uncloak to do anything.. that includes attacking you, laying a mine/claymore, hacking a terminal or attacking someone nearby. If you hear them uncloak then don't stand there like a turd waiting to get shanked. Use a radar device.

If you can't be arsed to use a radar device then put a darklight on your primary OR secondary so you can see them BEFORE they come out of stealth. They can't attack while in stealth so if you see them before they come out of stealth then you should be able to kill them before they react.

Absolutely crazy for heavy players to be super worried anyway. You have an overshield. USE IT. Unless they managed to get behind you close enough to breathe on your neck (and do unmentionable things to your behind) then you should be able to kill one in 1v1.

If you can't be bothered to use radar or darklight to kill something you are so paranoid about then you deserve to be killed (in game of course).

Last edited by Dragonskin; 2014-02-13 at 03:21 PM. Reason: edit for edit because edit
Old 2014-02-13, 03:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
War Barney
Sergeant Major

Its not viable to place radar everywhere and even then it relies on movement so is worthless if you want to check out a control point as they wont be moving they'll be sitting still. As for darklight thats an option (well the only thing you can put on your guns now) but you still need to search the entire room with it.

also stealth makes a noise sure but it takes about a second to be able to shoot and you can aim beforehand so its easy to get a kill. If you hear a stealth all you can do is spin in a circle and hope you spin in the right direction to see them before they start shooting, if you don't you're dead.
Old 2014-02-13, 03:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Dragonskin
Major

Originally Posted by War Barney View Post
Its not viable to place radar everywhere and even then it relies on movement so is worthless if you want to check out a control point as they wont be moving they'll be sitting still. As for darklight thats an option (well the only thing you can put on your guns now) but you still need to search the entire room with it.

also stealth makes a noise sure but it takes about a second to be able to shoot and you can aim beforehand so its easy to get a kill. If you hear a stealth all you can do is spin in a circle and hope you spin in the right direction to see them before they start shooting, if you don't you're dead.
How often do you use your secondary? I'm going to guess it's rare because it's fairly rare for most players. If you aren't really using your secondary that often then crossbow with detect bolt. Then you can put radar everywhere. How hard is it to find ammo?

The only thing that I can see being a real issue is if you play absolutely solo, but you are in an outfit so I wouldn't think you have that problem most of the time.

I think you are making a mountain out of a mole hill, but I'm not going to convince you so I know I am wasting my time.
Old 2014-02-13, 04:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
Crator
Major General

Oh well... guess I should just play a infiltrator for a while to make the most of it until they hear the screams of people getting insanely annoyed at constantly invisible impossible to see infiltrators
This is going to be funny. You'll see no one on the battle field because everyone is cloaked. Some sort of screwed up game of hide-and-seek!
Old 2014-02-13, 04:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
War Barney
Sergeant Major

Aye I can see that coming =p you can even regen your stealth while staying stealthed and at top rank it does it pretty damn quick so you never need to unstealth, already been having great fun shooting people once with the bow then finishing with a knife and that was in big fights which was the worst possible place to use it.

In smaller fights theres no reason to not use such a powerful ability as stalker
Old 2014-02-13, 08:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

My god this has been a HUGE buff to infiltrators, they were annoying enough as it was without a never ending stealth and becoming even harder to see =( I hope the heavy gets a mega buff patch soon as well, its getting harder and harder to come up with a reason to play one when LA and medics get C4 (which is better by FAR for blowing up tanks than rockets) and LMGs just don't seem that useful, they say they are meant to be great for range but the kick is so high (for NC anyway) that carbines outperform my LMG at range almost every time.

Oh well... guess I should just play a infiltrator for a while to make the most of it until they hear the screams of people getting insanely annoyed at constantly invisible impossible to see infiltrators
They need to let HA use Assault Rifles.

Old 2014-02-13, 09:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
Falcon_br
Captain

Now I see groups of 3 infiltrators with commissioners and the new cloak, in every room I visit!

In planetside since the close beta of the first game!
Outfit Brasileira de Planetside 2
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion