Israel - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: What if I don't have an AGP slot?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Political Debate Forum

 
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 2012-07-15, 05:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #61
Figment
Lieutenant General
 
Re: Israel


Originally Posted by elfailo View Post
I wonder how things would have turned out if Jesus had been Venezuelan.
Depends. In which time period?

Option A: During Roman times: religion would have been trapped by indigenous tribes in the jungle. We'd probably still worship Wodan.

Option B: During Incan times: he'd probably have been sacrificed to Quetzecoatl or some other local deity, or at the very least enslaved for the good of the empire. And if not that, he'd probably DEMAND sacrifices done the RIGHT way. >.> We'd probably still worship Wodan.

Option C: After arrival and conquests by the Spanish? Depends, as a local or as European immigrant? As the first: Would be burned by inquisitors or die of some European flue if indigenous. Would otherwise reform the Spanish Pantheon paganism (neither Christianity nor Islam would have existed and **** would have remained a populace without a nation of their own after the Assyrians stormed in).


Any options I missed?

Originally Posted by Warborn View Post
The foundations of many of our formerly Imperial colonies are built on the mass graves of the indigenous populations. Imperialism royally fucked the situation the natives of North America, Africa, and elsewhere. As people who don't belong to those demographics we can kick back and relish in how nice it was for Britain or whoever to pave over some other nations with their own culture, but what if the Empire had cooperated and been something other than dominant and inhumane toward the people they conquered? Maybe now there'd be modern nations whose roots lie in the Cree, Lakota, Ojibwe, and similar peoples. Who is to say whether such a scenario would have been better or worse for the nations as a whole. Certainly it would have been better for the natives.
Well you can look at how that worked between trade with Japan during the isolationist period. Only the Dutch were allowed to trade with Japan, because the Portuguese tried to convert the populace.
Figment is offline  
Old 2012-07-16, 06:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #62
Mutant
Contributor
Master Sergeant
 
Mutant's Avatar
 
Re: Israel


Originally Posted by AshOck View Post
Neither Palestinians nor **** had a country when the conflict began.
The land in dispute was a part of the Ottoman empire for more than six centuries
and after that under British mandate from 1923-1948.
When the British left both **** and Palestinians had well established communities living side by side
and there was no formal agreement of how to divide the land. Obviously, war ensued.
The problem largely comes from Britain promising the land to both Arabs and **** for helping them in WWI.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McMahon...Correspondence
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balfour...ration_of_1917

The British did not just leave, they were driven out by terrorists.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_David_Hotel_bombing
__________________
____________________ [BLTR] - Miller - www.blood-legion.com _____
Mutant is offline  
Old 2012-07-18, 02:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #63
Vreki
Corporal
 
Vreki's Avatar
 
Re: Israel


Originally Posted by Figment View Post
Depends. In which time period?

Option A: During Roman times: religion would have been trapped by indigenous tribes in the jungle. We'd probably still worship Wodan.

Option B: During Incan times: he'd probably have been sacrificed to Quetzecoatl or some other local deity, or at the very least enslaved for the good of the empire. And if not that, he'd probably DEMAND sacrifices done the RIGHT way. >.> We'd probably still worship Wodan.

Option C: After arrival and conquests by the Spanish? Depends, as a local or as European immigrant? As the first: Would be burned by inquisitors or die of some European flue if indigenous. Would otherwise reform the Spanish Pantheon paganism (neither Christianity nor Islam would have existed and **** would have remained a populace without a nation of their own after the Assyrians stormed in).


Any options I missed?
E: The lack of Jesus would have little consequence, since another religion would just rise to the top and claim monopoly on the truth.
The history of the Christian church shows quite nicely how the message is adapted to the goals of those in power. It would have worked just the same if The Flying Spaghetti Monster had been the front figure.
Vreki is offline  
Old 2012-07-20, 01:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #64
Accuser
Sergeant Major
 
Re: Israel


Perhaps you guys can clear up some conceptions I have about the situation:
I believe every human should be able to freely elect the leaders of their own local, regional, and national government. I also believe that restriction of this or other basic freedoms (many of which are listed in the U.S. Constitution, for reference) is grounds for violent revolution.

To the topic; I'm under the impression that some people in Israeli-controlled territory are under voting, movement, property ownership, congregation, or other restrictions of rights. This may or may not be the case. However, were I in such a situation, I'd gladly support any violent effort to subvert this condition, including terrorism against civilian targets.

So fill me in on the details. If I were born in Israeli controlled territory to the "wrong" parents, would I be preparing for a glorious death, bathed in the blood of my enemies... or have I got the facts wrong here?
Accuser is offline  
Old 2012-07-20, 06:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #65
Figment
Lieutenant General
 
Re: Israel


Originally Posted by Accuser View Post
Perhaps you guys can clear up some conceptions I have about the situation:
I believe every human should be able to freely elect the leaders of their own local, regional, and national government. I also believe that restriction of this or other basic freedoms (many of which are listed in the U.S. Constitution, for reference) is grounds for violent revolution.
Why aren't you revolting then?

You don't have any control over who you elect, you don't elect people if you lose an election, who then elect people using your vote to elect someone else using your vote and if you're in an area with a bigger populace, your vote counts for far less than anywhere else.

THIS IS DEMOCRACY!111!!1!1!!

Oh, no, it's not. Not by a longshot. Long live the illusion of democracy of the electoral system.

To the topic; I'm under the impression that some people in Israeli-controlled territory are under voting, movement, property ownership, congregation, or other restrictions of rights. This may or may not be the case. However, were I in such a situation, I'd gladly support any violent effort to subvert this condition, including terrorism against civilian targets.

So fill me in on the details. If I were born in Israeli controlled territory to the "wrong" parents, would I be preparing for a glorious death, bathed in the blood of my enemies... or have I got the facts wrong here?
Gladly terrorise civilian targets? I thought you wanted to revolt against the government?
Figment is offline  
Old 2012-07-20, 10:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #66
Warborn
Contributor
Major General
 
Warborn's Avatar
 
Re: Israel


Access to the Israeli-occupied Palestinian territories is heavily controlled. The goal is for the Israeli government to keep the Palestinians living in as poor of conditions as possible short of creating a humanitarian crisis. And if someone ever shoots a rocket into Israel settlements from your neighborhood, Israel will level your neighborhood with tanks and helicopters, even if it means a bunch of random civilians being killed in the process.

So yeah, the Palestinians live in a state where their movement, property, ownership, and other rights are routinely infringed upon. And some of them decide to become violent with Israel because of that. And then Israel says: "Look at how we are under attack by the Palestinians, now you see that we are the victims." And the world doesn't do anything, because the United States politicians court Jewish voters through supporting Israel no matter what they do.
Warborn is offline  
Old 2012-08-04, 05:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #67
MightyMan
Corporal
 
MightyMan's Avatar
 
Re: Israel


YEY MY INTERNETS BE BACK!
Originally Posted by Warborn View Post
Me: *facts*
You: I REJECT YOUR FACTS BECAUSE THEY DISAGREE WITH MY VERSION OF REALITY

Debating!
Correction: I REJECT YOU'R FACTS BECAUSE THEY ARE STUPIDLY WRONG AND IF ANY OF THOSE WOULD ACTUALLY BE TRUE I WOULD GLADLY AGREE WITH YOU- AGAINST ISRAEL OR NOT AGAINST IT, AND WOULD LET YOU TO SADOMISE ME WITH A STICK.
That picture was one of the most immature and stupid things I have seen.
LET ME CORRECT YOU

There we go, just as immature.

"nearly half of them are unemployed, and live on only a couple dollars a day."

1. Those who WANT to work, easily find it, working for an Arab or and Israeli, just like any Israeli citizen.
2. NO. Minimum salary for anyone in Israel- Palestinian or Israeli is about 1100 dollars. minimum per hour is about 6 dollars. Now, it may not sound like much, but in Israel it is more then enough to supply your everyday needs.
3.No, Palestinians are not given a lower salary, because employers who do that can be thrown to jail for up to five years because of that, and employers who actually do that are constantly on the news and are crucified by the media and the authorities, which needless to say, makes it rather uncommon.

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
Lot of anti-semite bigots here.
Sorry to say that man, but no, none of the arguments here were about **** but about Israel, which makes it illogical.

Originally Posted by GODMOLLY View Post
Oh yeah, I want you on Team GOD. We were ranked #1 outfit on the last Planetside, along with MANY other games you can google us. All these other "outfits" and other bullshit things are all fuckin stupid they all suck and will always suck they are all about numbers and not skill. We have members who are from all walks such as myg0t, the only reason why you interest me is because I have an arab on my team and he is sometimes defensive and it would be hilarious to watch you two fight and argue all the time. I will do anything to have you join my team. team god.net I'm dead serious.
I am flattered by the invitation, and would happily agree, but considering you were "a little drunk" at the time you may want to think it over. Just sayin'.

Originally Posted by AshOck View Post
Just the psychological effect of constantly feeling a threat to your security/existence I suppose.
True, plus the fact that there are a lot people who constantly say that we are murderers/ hitlers/ plain assholes/ slavers/ Poopy bullies and it became so annoying, that most of us start scrubbing you off their back at
the slightest clue of accusation, even if you were not trying to get on their back from the beginning.

Originally Posted by Neurotoxin View Post
Remember that anti-Semitic also applies to anti-Arab rhetoric. Zionists are anti-Semitic by nature.
When will you finally understand that every Zionist is a hater of Palestine just as much as much as a patriot of the USA is a member of the KKK.
Zionist and anti-Palestinian are two completely different things that has nothing to do with each other.
When will you finally understand that every Zionist is a hater of Palestine just as much as a patriot of the USA is a member of the KKK.
Zionist and anti-Palestinian are two completely different things that has nothing to do with each other.

Originally Posted by AshOck View Post
600k **** without a country against 1 million Palestinians without a country + six other Arab nations as allies.
Also known as http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1948_Ar...%93Israeli_War

Originally Posted by elfailo View Post
I wonder how things would have turned out if Jesus had been Venezuelan.
He would be cool.

Originally Posted by Warborn View Post
Access to the Israeli-occupied Palestinian territories is heavily controlled. The goal is for the Israeli government to keep the Palestinians living in as poor of conditions as possible short of creating a humanitarian crisis. And if someone ever shoots a rocket into Israel settlements from your neighborhood, Israel will level your neighborhood with tanks and helicopters, even if it means a bunch of random civilians being killed in the process.

So yeah, the Palestinians live in a state where their movement, property, ownership, and other rights are routinely infringed upon. And some of them decide to become violent with Israel because of that. And then Israel says: "Look at how we are under attack by the Palestinians, now you see that we are the victims." And the world doesn't do anything, because the United States politicians court Jewish voters through supporting Israel no matter what they do.
I have referred to those accusations in the thread so many times that I am not even going to say anything about that.

BTW: The Israeli-Palestinian conflict is not the only thing that exists in Israel. Try talking about other themes too. Thank you.

Last edited by MightyMan; 2012-08-04 at 06:30 AM.
MightyMan is offline  
Old 2012-08-04, 01:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #68
Warborn
Contributor
Major General
 
Warborn's Avatar
 
Re: Israel


I don't have any interest in Israel beyond its ongoing apartheid.








Last edited by Warborn; 2012-08-04 at 01:25 PM.
Warborn is offline  
Old 2012-08-04, 03:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #69
MightyMan
Corporal
 
MightyMan's Avatar
 
Re: Israel


Originally Posted by Warborn View Post
I don't have any interest in Israel beyond its ongoing apartheid.







Why are you making me to do this?

First picture: I will not lie to you (because I am totally a poopy Palestinian hater and stuffs, ya know), this image is real. Now, before you sadomise me with a stick, let me tell you this: The guy on he picture is a Jewish extremists, the one who believes that god (at least the horribly mutated version of him) is better then logic (those are like less then 0.002% of the Jewish population). You see, those are the extremist jackasses who create the problem of the illegal settlements and who are constantly in an aggressiveness conflict with Palestinians. I hate them too. Most of us think that they are out of their minds and they need to be tied on a leash.
They are put in prison for such things all the time.
Saying their actions represent the Israeli ideology, or it's government is as stupid as saying that Obama is racist because there is KKK in the USA.

Second picture:
Yes this is a real picture that an Israeli soldier has uploaded to her facebook account with the phrase "the good old days" which was of course sarcastic.
Basically those were Palestinian prisoners (you have those too, but those are Canadians. I know it is hard to believe it, but such a thing exists not only in Israel) and she took a picture with them after they were arrested for assistance in terror actions. Needless to say this childish action was immediately disapproved by any Israeli with a head on his shoulders (including me), and the media crucified her. Sadly, she was not actually judged for anything because she has not disobeyed any law.
Why do I know this? because this was on the news for over an year in here.
BTW there are allot of those that were made by US soldiers in Afghanistan and Iraq too, what can I say, dumb people are all over the world. If the actions of one dumb Israeli make me a nazi, I am truly sorry.

Third picture: thanks god for google images, saved me allot of time with this one: http://mypetjawa.mu.nu/archives/188079.php

Fourth image: See Picture number one.

Originally Posted by Warborn View Post
I don't have any interest in Israel beyond its ongoing apartheid.
This was not requested directly from you, but from all of those who take part in this thread. If that is the way you feel, don't state it like it will make you to grow a 3rd testicle because you sound like a total douche bag like that.
MightyMan is offline  
Old 2012-08-04, 10:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #70
TheDAWinz
Sergeant Major
 
TheDAWinz's Avatar
 
Re: Israel


Originally Posted by MightyMan View Post
Why are you making me to do this?

First picture: I will not lie to you (because I am totally a poopy Palestinian hater and stuffs, ya know), this image is real. Now, before you sadomise me with a stick, let me tell you this: The guy on he picture is a Jewish extremists, the one who believes that god (at least the horribly mutated version of him) is better then logic (those are like less then 0.002% of the Jewish population). You see, those are the extremist jackasses who create the problem of the illegal settlements and who are constantly in an aggressiveness conflict with Palestinians. I hate them too. Most of us think that they are out of their minds and they need to be tied on a leash.
They are put in prison for such things all the time.
Saying their actions represent the Israeli ideology, or it's government is as stupid as saying that Obama is racist because there is KKK in the USA.

Second picture:
Yes this is a real picture that an Israeli soldier has uploaded to her facebook account with the phrase "the good old days" which was of course sarcastic.
Basically those were Palestinian prisoners (you have those too, but those are Canadians. I know it is hard to believe it, but such a thing exists not only in Israel) and she took a picture with them after they were arrested for assistance in terror actions. Needless to say this childish action was immediately disapproved by any Israeli with a head on his shoulders (including me), and the media crucified her. Sadly, she was not actually judged for anything because she has not disobeyed any law.
Why do I know this? because this was on the news for over an year in here.
BTW there are allot of those that were made by US soldiers in Afghanistan and Iraq too, what can I say, dumb people are all over the world. If the actions of one dumb Israeli make me a nazi, I am truly sorry.

Third picture: thanks god for google images, saved me allot of time with this one: http://mypetjawa.mu.nu/archives/188079.php

Fourth image: See Picture number one.


This was not requested directly from you, but from all of those who take part in this thread. If that is the way you feel, don't state it like it will make you to grow a 3rd testicle because you sound like a total douche bag like that.
I want a third testical
__________________


SOOON!
TheDAWinz is offline  
Old 2012-08-05, 12:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #71
The Loverator
Corporal
 
The Loverator's Avatar
 
Cool Re: Israel


Originally Posted by Figment View Post
Gladly terrorise civilian targets? I thought you wanted to revolt against the government?
But how?
If you have no Offer how, don't lament over what Solutions someone is going to find.

Jeah, sounds e~eevil, true? But hey, nobody has a Monopole on Violence. " No~body ".


Some People act overstrained with how to think over the following Sentence, but...

'That' does count for Governments, "TOO" ... ... even a certain Government who rules in Israel.



I can only repeat myself over and over: "One Day, it may "bangs" loud... ",
and then, "everyone" is going to whine, to cry - and to complain... ...




And then: No "sane" Person in the World will act shocked or heartstricken...

Why? Because everyone knew, someday, m~aaaybe all the Terror, Violence and Crimes towards the Palestinian People and everyone else who gets insulted and/or assaulted by Fascists who try to hide behind the Flag and Nation of Israel,

m~aaaybe this will let follow a severe, ugly Punishment by some hatefilled Fanatics,
who came from somewhere, got a Weapon of Mass Destruction from somewhere,

and have somehow managed to set it up near enough to create massive Damage in Israel.



And then, "People like me" ( <--- lawl i like that stupid Line ) will say:

" See? We told you, Year's long! We even got insulted as Na*i's sometimes... !"



And then, nothing is important. Nothing is important - if someone is guilty or not - if someone is evil or not - if "some Site is more wrong or right than the other",

then, only one thing Matters:

And that is, that endless, infinite Warmongering, Violence, ugly Crimes, Aggression and "Human Rancidness" have resulted in the probably all expected Consequence: A rare, unsightly Peak of Escalation...


And then, all the stupid People will try to "pop up again", trying to whine loudly with the boring Line "aka" :
" But we/Israel/who'ever was only always defending themself/ourselves/"yxz" ... !"


And People like me will respone:

" N~o' ... ... you are now whining and complaining because 'You' thought it would always continue this Way, without "the other Site" or who'ever successfully fighting back and the Violence always flowing only in One Direction for the most Part,

because you thought that "one Side" is superior and would never get ugly Consequences at all no Matter how much Calamity and negative Karma would get spread... !"




Well, of Course i would or WILL be in Cover before saying this, if you understand...


When i say this, i want to emphasize that this Scenario written from my Imagination,

well, umm - i expect it "someday - or Never " - to happen.
I write this only for the annoying " What if it would "-Case/Possibility.



So that -- for the rare Case that it interests someone -- someone/everyone here can read how i would react.

By the Way, i want to say this, too,
we may ALL know this very well - but in this kind of ugly Conflict, it's best to stay out,

and take no Site for whatever the Reason, ever...


Because it just isn't important at all of "who started it", or "who is right and who is wrong",

in the End - it only counts that EVERYONE is wrong" who is and act's just like an A**ho** ... ... ... and is nothing but a sore Idiot who wants to see many People on one Side angered, insulted, "domineered" by who'ever the pathetic Bully would be,


and well, umm - " Sorry ". The stronger Site is always the one more responsible and in the wrong, if she doesn't stop the Conflict with as much Effort as possible.

Jeah, s~ooo Sorry, or not? "Israel" doesn't look to well in this and will likely never be.



I could continue this Post for annoyingly many Line's, but everything important is said.

For "whoever" is trying to defend a Government who is obviously acting like a Terrorist-Organisation,
or is in other Word's, "satisfied" as how Things are and wants everything to continue this Way,
'cause he or she doesn't like Muslim People or Stuff, - i advise to pray v~eeery much with all his or her's spiritual Strength...


That " Godfather Coincidence " is not in the Mood to be a lousy Bi*** - and will never be.

Like in the Mood of some really dangerous and pissed off People to get one or several, really dangerous Weapon's into their Hands and successful set them up in the Near of the Country Borderline or Israel - or even within the Country.


'cause this People -- well can all guess -- have no Fear, give a Sh** on their own Life's -- fear no Revenge or what'so'ever -- and are so freakin' filled up with Hatred, that "reasoning" with them is just as impossible that it is with the People from the israeli Government.



We can "just" sit there and hope that no One will ever set up a really h~uge "Bang",
'cause we all know - that then, the "Warmonger-Bit**es" will pop up...

And try to annoy and pester us for the next XX Year's to start a third WorldWar,
this Time against the arabian World and maybe some other People...



One of these " Bi***s " will hopefully not get elected as the next american President...
I hope for Obama, again. He hasn't even repaired most of the Damage that Bush has fabricated...


... ... and there is already the next Imbecil on the Start and trying to make Things worse, again.




greetings, LV.
__________________

Last edited by The Loverator; 2012-08-05 at 12:49 AM.
The Loverator is offline  
Old 2012-08-05, 01:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #72
MightyMan
Corporal
 
MightyMan's Avatar
 
Wink Re: Israel


@TheDAWinz:
NO. DO YOU EVEN KNOW HOW MUCH POOR AFRICAN KIDS WORK IN THE FACTORY TO MAKE EXTRA TESTICLES? DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH TIME IT TAKES? DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH THEY SUFFER, JUST TO MAKE ONE TESTICLE? BUT NO. YOU JUST WANT ONE? YOU JUST WANT ONE!
THERE ARE PEOPLE OUT THERE WHO ARE REALLY IN NEED OF A 3RD TESTICLE, SUCH AS THOSE WHO'ES BALLS GOT WRAPPED INSIDE THEM AFTER A KICK FROM THEIR GIRLFRIEND. OR THOSE WHO'ES BALLS GOT PENETRATED FROM A BEAR ATTACK.
DO YOU KNOW HOW LOW IS THE TESTICLE SUPPLY IN THE WORLD FOR THOSE KIND OF CASES. DO YOU EVEN KNOW? BUT NO. HE JUST WANTS ONE!
DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH LIVES YOU HAVE JUST RUINED? THOSE WHO REALLY NEEDED ONE WOULD RECYCLE THEIRS AFTER THEIR DEATHS. YOU'R TESTICLE WOULD JUST MELT INSIDE YOUR BALLS SACK BECAUSE OF THE EXCESS TESTICLE AND GET ABSORBED INTO YOUR BLADDER. BLADDER!
YOU HAVE JUST RUINED THE LIVES OF THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE OVER THE GENERATIONS. HOW CAN YOU LIVE WITH YOU'R SELF HOW?! HOW???????????????????????????????????
YOU EGOTISTIC JACKASS. I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Trololos aside:
@The Loverator:
Nope. Nope nope nope nope. NOPE. I'm not even going to reply that.
Have fun with you'r ignorant life!

Last edited by MightyMan; 2012-08-05 at 01:36 AM.
MightyMan is offline  
Old 2012-08-05, 01:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #73
Warborn
Contributor
Major General
 
Warborn's Avatar
 
Re: Israel


Originally Posted by MightyMan View Post
Why are you making me to do this?
I didn't.

First picture: I will not lie to you (because I am totally a poopy Palestinian hater and stuffs, ya know), this image is real. Now, before you sadomise me with a stick, let me tell you this: The guy on he picture is a Jewish extremists, the one who believes that god (at least the horribly mutated version of him) is better then logic (those are like less then 0.002% of the Jewish population). You see, those are the extremist jackasses who create the problem of the illegal settlements and who are constantly in an aggressiveness conflict with Palestinians. I hate them too. Most of us think that they are out of their minds and they need to be tied on a leash.
They are put in prison for such things all the time.
Saying their actions represent the Israeli ideology, or it's government is as stupid as saying that Obama is racist because there is KKK in the USA.
If the KKK goes out and does this kind of stuff to people in the USA they get picked up by the police. There's a difference between having some kind of hardline assholes in the country, and tolerating said assholes' bullshit. Once upon a time the KKK, like the settlers, were able to get away with doing illegal stuff as well because the authorities didn't care or even tacitly condoned their activities. But then people decided that maybe treating dark-skinned Americans like shit wasn't such a cool thing to do.

Second picture:
Yes this is a real picture that an Israeli soldier has uploaded to her facebook account with the phrase "the good old days" which was of course sarcastic.
Basically those were Palestinian prisoners (you have those too, but those are Canadians. I know it is hard to believe it, but such a thing exists not only in Israel) and she took a picture with them after they were arrested for assistance in terror actions. Needless to say this childish action was immediately disapproved by any Israeli with a head on his shoulders (including me), and the media crucified her. Sadly, she was not actually judged for anything because she has not disobeyed any law.
Why do I know this? because this was on the news for over an year in here.
BTW there are allot of those that were made by US soldiers in Afghanistan and Iraq too, what can I say, dumb people are all over the world. If the actions of one dumb Israeli make me a nazi, I am truly sorry.
I didn't call you a Nazi.

When these pictures came out the general consensus seemed to be, by Palestinians, that this was typical and indicative of the sort of treatment they endure on a regular basis. This woman was dumb enough to post pictures of it on public space, but how many more took similar or worse pictures and kept them private? It's not about this former IDF soldier, it's about the problem this represents as a whole.

And the government/military simply expressing their disapproval of the pictures and taking no steps to curb this kind of behaviour at all doesn't really amount to anything.

Third picture: thanks god for google images, saved me allot of time with this one: http://mypetjawa.mu.nu/archives/188079.php
So the cutting-edge reporting team at TheJawaReport.com aren't convinced the picture is legit, although they have no proof to the contrary, they just think it looks suspicious. I think you need to reconsider what you consider a valuable source of information. It's not like this would be the first missile fired at Palestinian children. Hundreds of children have been killed or wounded by Israeli forces in the last decade.

This was not requested directly from you, but from all of those who take part in this thread. If that is the way you feel, don't state it like it will make you to grow a 3rd testicle because you sound like a total douche bag like that.
Why would that make me sound like a douche bag? I'm not Jewish and I live across the world from Israel. Would you say you are particularly interested in Canada? Unless you have relatives here or if there are some of our own crimes (like how we treat our First Nations population) have caught your eye, why would you? It's not meant to be offensive, it's just that Israel is not very significant to non-**** except for how it interacts with the Palestinians and, I guess, the arabs at large.
Warborn is offline  
Old 2012-08-05, 04:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #74
Neurotoxin
First Lieutenant
 
Neurotoxin's Avatar
 
Re: Israel


I wish I could find the photo of the Palestinian boy tied to the hood of an Israeli jeep. Oh wait: http://www.commondreams.org/headlines04/0424-03.htm Funny thing in that article, they are being treated this way as they protest Israel worming its territory into remaining Palestinian land, back in 2004. Just like in America, the people coming from a position of authority or power are often overzealous and brutal in their methods of trying to "control" the people they are oppressing.

Seriously though, MightyMan, go get me a photograph of an IDF poster on the Palestine side of the Apartheid walls. Make sure a soldier sees you take the picture. Photograph the soldier too. It may be a bit of a cultural experience for you, or you might be shot dead, it'll be an adventure either way.

Last edited by Neurotoxin; 2012-08-05 at 04:45 AM.
Neurotoxin is offline  
Old 2012-08-05, 06:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #75
MightyMan
Corporal
 
MightyMan's Avatar
 
Re: Israel


Originally Posted by Warborn View Post
I didn't.



If the KKK goes out and does this kind of stuff to people in the USA they get picked up by the police. There's a difference between having some kind of hardline assholes in the country, and tolerating said assholes' bullshit. Once upon a time the KKK, like the settlers, were able to get away with doing illegal stuff as well because the authorities didn't care or even tacitly condoned their activities. But then people decided that maybe treating dark-skinned Americans like shit wasn't such a cool thing to do.



I didn't call you a Nazi.

When these pictures came out the general consensus seemed to be, by Palestinians, that this was typical and indicative of the sort of treatment they endure on a regular basis. This woman was dumb enough to post pictures of it on public space, but how many more took similar or worse pictures and kept them private? It's not about this former IDF soldier, it's about the problem this represents as a whole.

And the government/military simply expressing their disapproval of the pictures and taking no steps to curb this kind of behaviour at all doesn't really amount to anything.



So the cutting-edge reporting team at TheJawaReport.com aren't convinced the picture is legit, although they have no proof to the contrary, they just think it looks suspicious. I think you need to reconsider what you consider a valuable source of information. It's not like this would be the first missile fired at Palestinian children. Hundreds of children have been killed or wounded by Israeli forces in the last decade.



Why would that make me sound like a douche bag? I'm not Jewish and I live across the world from Israel. Would you say you are particularly interested in Canada? Unless you have relatives here or if there are some of our own crimes (like how we treat our First Nations population) have caught your eye, why would you? It's not meant to be offensive, it's just that Israel is not very significant to non-**** except for how it interacts with the Palestinians and, I guess, the arabs at large.
1. Those assholes do get picked off by the police.

2. Yes I am completely aware that you have not called me a nazi. What I meant is that you are trying to imply that one mans action represent the actions of all of us. I have expressed my self in a dumb way, and thus I am sorry. And this is not typical behavior. Perhaps a very uncommon one.
Also, what else can they do but expressing their disapproval? She really did not violate any law at all. The same thing would happened in Canada if such did would occur.
3. Clearly you have not read the article. They have cutting evidence that the picture is fake. Try actually reading the article until the end.

About your non-interest in Israel. I'l have to agree with you. If not for the shitstorms we would be on the news only like only 5% of the time (probably less) we are now. But who would not. I can't remember the last time I heard about Canada on the news.

Also, I am perfectly aware that this was not supposed to be offensive. A nicer way of saying the things would be better. "I am sorry but in my opinion the Israeli occupation and stuffs is the most important theme right now, and thus I would much rather prefer to concentrate on it only.
Of course you don't have to say it like an A class gentleman and it could be much shorter, but your way of expressing it reminded me of the term "fuck off". It's probably just me though. So yeh another broken way of expression by me. Sorry.

Originally Posted by Neurotoxin View Post
I wish I could find the photo of the Palestinian boy tied to the hood of an Israeli jeep. Oh wait: http://www.commondreams.org/headlines04/0424-03.htm Funny thing in that article, they are being treated this way as they protest Israel worming its territory into remaining Palestinian land, back in 2004. Just like in America, the people coming from a position of authority or power are often overzealous and brutal in their methods of trying to "control" the people they are oppressing.

Seriously though, MightyMan, go get me a photograph of an IDF poster on the Palestine side of the Apartheid walls. Make sure a soldier sees you take the picture. Photograph the soldier too. It may be a bit of a cultural experience for you, or you might be shot dead, it'll be an adventure either way.
First paragraph: Yes it happened. Yes they were sent to prison. No it does not happen all the time and does not represent a common way of controlling such protests. No, the fact that it is a protest does not mean it is against an actual issue. If it would be, Israels balls would be cut off by the UN right away. In all of the history of the country, Palestinian territories were never taken by the government or any kind of sane citizen. The only one who try to claim those lands are individuals from the more extremist orthodox *** who are a very little per cent of the Jewish population (less the 0.001%) in Israel. They build illegal settlements, and those are constantly removed by the Israeli government. So it is an actual issue, but saying that it is done by Israelis in common is not true.

Second paragraph:
You have already talked about this, and I have already replied this.
I think it is like on the second or 3rd page.
What happened? Running out of accusations?

Last edited by MightyMan; 2012-08-05 at 06:42 AM.
MightyMan is offline  
 
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Political Debate Forum

Bookmarks

Tags
israel, palestine

Discord

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:40 PM.

Content © 2002-2013, PlanetSide-Universe.com, All rights reserved.
PlanetSide and the SOE logo are registered trademarks of Sony Online Entertainment Inc. © 2004 Sony Online Entertainment Inc. All rights reserved.
All other trademarks or tradenames are properties of their respective owners.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.