No jumpad for attackers=AMP station ruined, More Stalmates..Welcome to StalemateSide - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Spam! A well balenced meal for a troll
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-02-03, 06:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Dreamcast
Major

No jumpad for attackers=AMP station ruined, More Stalmates..Welcome to StalemateSide

I don't like this change.

The game already has so many stalemates, The Crown, bio domes etc.....

Sorry but sometimes I want battles to be more open instead of ADS and not being able to move like it was a WW1 trench warfare.

I know it was done so defenders can more easily defend the amp station but I think it just ruined an aspect of Planetside.

I loved the Amp station because it was the only place where the battle felt more open and you could attack from different places/angles. It just felt free...Free of not having to ADS and actually having 1 vs 1 encounters with hipfire.

Now is just a stalemate, where the defender has way better ways of killing the attackers.

I have nothing wrong with giving the defenders an advantage, I think they could should of come up with other ideas.....jumpads not working for attackers shouldn't be one of them.

So yeah it just ruined a unique aspect of Ps2 and made it into the typical stalemate we always get, everywhere.

Im getting tired of ADS because of damn stalemates, and getting my kills stolen.
Old 2013-02-03, 07:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
EvilNinjadude
Second Lieutenant

Re: No jumpad for attackers=AMP station ruined, More Stalmates..Welcome to StalemateS

You can still walk across the Ramparts to other towers. It will only be slower and you have less chance of surprising and overwhelming the defenders.

By giving you jump pads, the devs had actually made all the outer towers your spawn point. Holding the tower tops gave you control over Air, and you still had the ability to attack defender-owned turrets from the outside.

They just took away an advantage that you were not meant to have, is it that big of a deal?
Old 2013-02-03, 07:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Dreamcast
Major

Re: No jumpad for attackers=AMP station ruined, More Stalmates..Welcome to StalemateS

Originally Posted by EvilNinjadude View Post
You can still walk across the Ramparts to other towers. It will only be slower and you have less chance of surprising and overwhelming the defenders.

By giving you jump pads, the devs had actually made all the outer towers your spawn point. Holding the tower tops gave you control over Air, and you still had the ability to attack defender-owned turrets from the outside.

They just took away an advantage that you were not meant to have, is it that big of a deal?
yes it is.

The fight is way more controlled now...

Is way too easy for defenders to defend and is creating yet another stalemate in Planetside.

It just feels like the same battle over and over again with these stalemates.....AMP stations use to be way more unique when Jumpads gave people way more options in attack.
Old 2013-02-03, 07:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Figment
Lieutenant General

Dude, we took Nott four times on an evening with under two squads facing at least the same or more.

It's a much needed change that allows for at least some defensive focus. Your group might need to use AMSes and Light Assault more effectively. We're used to attacking a base without jumppads since 2003 and it's tons easier in PS2, so maybe it's just us, or you need to get used to putting some thought into finding a way in...

Last edited by Figment; 2013-02-03 at 08:06 AM.
Old 2013-02-03, 07:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

This was a bad change.

Fighting on jump pads was really fun for both sides.
Old 2013-02-03, 07:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
waddafak
Private

I'm Glad U Mad.
Old 2013-02-03, 07:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Mietz
First Sergeant

I'm Glad U Mad.
Old 2013-02-03, 07:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
OldAeon
Private

Originally Posted by Ghoest9 View Post
This was a bad change.

Fighting on jump pads was really fun for both sides.
I used jump pad fights only for one thing: exp farm
I don't see the "fun" in randomly having a guy appear in your back (and kill you) seconds after you turn around to defend the wall/tower from enemies that are coming from outside the wall.

So no, this change was good! Defenders must not be at a disadvantage while defending!
Old 2013-02-03, 08:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Bloodlet
Private

Oh so the base is more defensible now? Good.

I'm glad that you are mad.
Old 2013-02-03, 08:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Phantomdestiny
Second Lieutenant

i'm glad you are mad too . this game should be about preparing attack and defences not about look i am hAxXxOr because i can 1337 myself winning a base because i Roxx . i don't want a base to be capped in seconds . i want defenders on the walls defending a base . Get a gal drop if you are so desperate to get in
Old 2013-02-03, 08:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Ruzy
Private

I think it is a good change. I like longer battles, they're MUCH more interesting.
Old 2013-02-03, 08:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Aaron
Contributor
Sergeant Major

Stalemates can be broken with teamwork. If the attackers have to organize bit more to take a facility, then so be it. This is the kind of stuff we've been asking for and the devs provided.
Old 2013-02-03, 08:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Sturmhardt
Contributor
Major

No, it's a good change and the defense now finally has a chance to get organized. You don't seem to play the same game, I have never seen an AMP station being defended when equal forces fought over it. Now maybe the defenders have a chance.

Btw, the whole community has been crying for more defendable bases for months and now we FINALLY get a patch that addresses that and you start crying because you can't solo-attack dem amp station with you LA anymore. I'm glad you mad too.

Last edited by Sturmhardt; 2013-02-03 at 08:41 AM.
Old 2013-02-03, 08:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
WSNeo
Master Sergeant

I'm Glad U Mad.

Old 2013-02-03, 08:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Electrofreak
Contributor
Major General

Keep crying about it. It gave 1 LA trooper the ability to be everywhere in an enemy base at once, and able to kill defenders before they react. It was too much of an advantage, and the only people who miss it are the ones who were exploiting it.

Get over it, it's gone, and good riddance. This is PlanetSide, not Unreal Tournament.

Support the use of a dynamic XP system in PlanetSide 2!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion