No jumpad for attackers=AMP station ruined, More Stalmates..Welcome to StalemateSide - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Put... The... Beamer... Down...
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-02-04, 01:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #61
psijaka
Contributor
Major

Re: No jumpad for attackers=AMP station ruined, More Stalmates..Welcome to StalemateS

Originally Posted by Dreamcast View Post
I prefer hip/twitch combat.
Perhaps you might like a game called Call of Duty.

But even in COD, hipfire was only really viable at very close range; anything beyond that and ADS was king (strange how I'm speaking in the past tense here).

Originally Posted by Carver View Post
Ironicly this is the most positive thread i've read here in weeks.
+1

Perhaps a sign that SOE are heading in the right direction!

Last edited by psijaka; 2013-02-04 at 01:55 AM.
Old 2013-02-04, 03:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #62
KaskaMatej
Master Sergeant

Misc Info
Re: No jumpad for attackers=AMP station ruined, More Stalmates..Welcome to StalemateS

Originally Posted by Babyfark McGeez View Post
J
And "ADS" aiming is an atrocity created by console devs and should have no place in pc shooters.
What?!?! Where the hell did you get this idea from? ADS was natural evolution of FPS and had nothing to do with consoles...
Old 2013-02-04, 03:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #63
Babyfark McGeez
Captain

That's what they want you to believe

(It's my own little conspiracy theory - because it just fits so good with console shooters needing an additional "stance" where the "aimbot" kicks in - see CoD).

Regardless of my tinfoil hat, it's an unnecessary mechanic that requires holding an additional button for no apparent reason other than "realism" (knives and grenades being unequippable extra buttons also goes into this category of nonsense ideas).

Last edited by Babyfark McGeez; 2013-02-04 at 03:43 AM.
Old 2013-02-04, 03:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #64
psijaka
Contributor
Major

Wow, what planet are you from, fark; that's a staggering statement you've made just there about ADS being an "unnecessary mechanic".

If you don't like holding down the additional button to ADS, why don't you try toggle mode ADS; works just fine for me.
Old 2013-02-04, 05:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #65
OldAeon
Private

Last night on Miller as NC I had an epic fight at Ti Alloys that lasted about an hour or so. Both VS and TR pushed in from different sides and in the end VS won. But finally it was possible to defend.
The new base layout and capture point turned out (at least there) great.

Now they just need to introduce meaningfull reasons/bonuses to holding (all types of) bases. Like having a Techplant and x number of adjacent hexes reduces the spawn time/ressource cost of MBTs (at the warpgate it always stays the same though) by a lot, all other vehicles by a little, not having them increases them. For this to work the ressouce system should be overhauled too. Right now everything except infantry ressources don't matter at all.
Do that with Amp Stations, Biodomes, Towers and generally all bases and you've got a decent part of the metagame introduced.
Old 2013-02-04, 05:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #66
raw
Sergeant

how does giving defenders x-tower-jumping exclusivity on AMP station turn this game into a stalemate?

why these retarded exaggerations? it's like you don't even want to be taken serious.
Old 2013-02-04, 06:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #67
Kalbuth
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by OldAeon View Post
Last night on Miller as NC I had an epic fight at Ti Alloys that lasted about an hour or so. Both VS and TR pushed in from different sides and in the end VS won. But finally it was possible to defend.
The new base layout and capture point turned out (at least there) great.

Now they just need to introduce meaningfull reasons/bonuses to holding (all types of) bases. Like having a Techplant and x number of adjacent hexes reduces the spawn time/ressource cost of MBTs (at the warpgate it always stays the same though) by a lot, all other vehicles by a little, not having them increases them. For this to work the ressouce system should be overhauled too. Right now everything except infantry ressources don't matter at all.
Do that with Amp Stations, Biodomes, Towers and generally all bases and you've got a decent part of the metagame introduced.
Indeed TI Alloys was BRUTAL yesterday on Miller

@OP : it's actually 1 little step that suddenly makes the base more defensible without killing the attack. I love it. For once, not an exagerated buff, but something sensible.
Old 2013-02-04, 07:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #68
HiroshiChugi
Captain

Dreamcast...ImGaldUmad,whatever you want to call yourself, try talking about this to my outfit and many others, I'm sure you'l end up with more than two assholes in the end,from them ripping you a few new ones,catch my drift?you obviously have lost this argument so just shut up already xD try playing Combat Arms or something like that if you like hip fire/ twitch combat. -rolls eyes-
Old 2013-02-04, 08:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #69
Badgered
Private

I for one welcome this change with open arms and a six pack of beer. This game needs more prolonged fights rather than five minute attack and cap scuffles. Even with this change my outfit managed to capture several AMP stations last night with slightly more effort than previously required. It is a good thing.
Old 2013-02-04, 08:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #70
Badjuju
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Dreamcast View Post
I don't like this change.

The game already has so many stalemates, The Crown, bio domes etc.....

Sorry but sometimes I want battles to be more open instead of ADS and not being able to move like it was a WW1 trench warfare.

I know it was done so defenders can more easily defend the amp station but I think it just ruined an aspect of Planetside.

I loved the Amp station because it was the only place where the battle felt more open and you could attack from different places/angles. It just felt free...Free of not having to ADS and actually having 1 vs 1 encounters with hipfire.

Now is just a stalemate, where the defender has way better ways of killing the attackers.

I have nothing wrong with giving the defenders an advantage, I think they could should of come up with other ideas.....jumpads not working for attackers shouldn't be one of them.

So yeah it just ruined a unique aspect of Ps2 and made it into the typical stalemate we always get, everywhere.

Im getting tired of ADS because of damn stalemates, and getting my kills stolen.
God forbid that you need to use coordination and team work to capture a major base, such a shame. I hate that they are trying to make bases something you have to work for rather than just a different setting to fight in.

Lets not take some time to test new features, strategies, and develop the meta game either. We should just complain that every change is bad or too hard two days after its implemented.
Old 2013-02-04, 09:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #71
BevsForBros
Private

I hope you realize just because you have experienced stalemates at Amp Stations now doesn't mean that everyone does and that it happens all the time. I've still had multiple times where we got steamrolled at Amp Stations. Also, I don't understand how you say you think it's a good idea to give defenders advantages yet changing it to defender-only jump pads is bad? Make up your mind!

Personally, I'm glad they did it. When I'm on the towers defending a base, I shouldn't have to worry about enemies flying around like dang birds from jump pad to jump pad landing right behind me and killing me. Its a base built to be defensible. Letting attackers do this doesn't make sense strategically.

Bottom line, if you want to run around lone wolf, with the zerg, not part of an outfit, then expect to be stuck in a stalemate often. Join an organized outfit, work together, and use actual tactics that really aren't that difficult to take the base. Otherwise, quit whining, this isn't COD.

Last edited by BevsForBros; 2013-02-04 at 09:24 AM.
Old 2013-02-04, 09:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #72
MrBloodworth
Lieutenant Colonel

I Completely Disagree with the OP.
Old 2013-02-04, 11:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #73
KaskaMatej
Master Sergeant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by MrBloodworth View Post
I Completely Disagree with the OP.
I completely agree with you. With the addition of tunnels, it's actually fun to ATTACK the Amp Station because you know they now have chances to defend if met with equal or bigger force.

It also means you need to have squads defending destroyed generators, or if defending, chances to get to said generators without dying at the spawn exits.

No more lone wolves jumping around towers, arming all generators, and not being able to be caught.
Old 2013-02-04, 11:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #74
Phantomdestiny
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Babyfark McGeez View Post
Jump-pads should be removed alltogether.

And "ADS" aiming is an atrocity created by console devs and should have no place in pc shooters.
hold the phone ,what about arma 2 where ADS is essential ? that's a pc game . ADS is always needed if you are preferring non ADS games for pc go play quake or cs 1.6
Old 2013-02-04, 06:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #75
Chewy
Major

Originally Posted by Phantomdestiny View Post
hold the phone ,what about arma 2 where ADS is essential ? that's a pc game . ADS is always needed if you are preferring non ADS games for pc go play quake or cs 1.6
I think the hate for ADS is due to having to learn each gun instead of just the players movement. In the olden day of Quake the only things that mattered was getting good at moving around the map, weapons came in a far 2nd outside of travel time and the rare grenade drop. Go for the most powerful weapons and do pint point shots at 50MPH in mid air.

Once games, and their systems/rigs, got better and could actually handle more than point and click people have harder times learning everything needed. In PS2 you need to account for (not in any order) movement speed, position, cover, distance, stance, bullet drop, gun physics, player physics, enemy movement, travel time, ammo supply, reloading, friendly position, friendly fire, and more that I can't think of at the moment. Having to do all of that scares the fuck out of people without them knowing it. Most spit hate and move blame on things they don't fully understand instead of learning about it. They'd rather poke it with a sharp stick and stay out of the dark unknown.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion