Bring back Galaxy AMS, as it was in beta, because it was fun. - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: When life Hands you a lemon, join Terran Republic!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-02-04, 08:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Hamma
PSU Admin

Re: Bring back Galaxy AMS, as it was in beta, because it was fun.

We won't see the classic Galaxy AMS come back but I do think they will add something spawn related to it.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2013-02-04, 08:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Micro
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Canaris View Post
Equipment terminal on a Gal is great idea for in field resupply, it is a giant transport after all.
That's what I want. But the Galaxy AMS was fun too. I loved it in Beta.
So... Well, I don't know. It would be fun, but possibly overpowered as it can land pretty much anywhere, though it would also be very easily killed by some C4 or a couple of rockets.

But having a Equipment Terminal at least would be great.
Old 2013-02-04, 08:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Rat
First Sergeant

In flight squad spawning would be nice, it would bring the Gal drop back to its former glory...even if adjacency rules were enforced for spawning.
Old 2013-02-04, 08:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
ExplodingSilver
Contributor
Private

my thoughts

in the beta a deployed galaxy as AMS for the whole team was too powerful and negated the sunderer completely

currently galaxies are one use taxis, fly to one base and ditch. As a vehicle they are not a real item in the arsenal right now

suggestions :-
bring back the AMS capacity but in a limited way
> as a cert, landed and deployed galaxy is deploy point for squad only (not platoon and certainly not the whole team)
> as a cert, pilot activates cert then for 4 mins an airborne galaxy becomes a deploy point for the whole team, players deploy in the galaxy and are immediately dropped to the ground, so a circling galaxy is depositing players over a target
Old 2013-02-04, 01:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Tatwi
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
We won't see the classic Galaxy AMS come back but I do think they will add something spawn related to it.
I hope so. They're a really fun vehicle and almost completely useless. I took one out for a spin last night just for kicks. lol... I ended up flying it around as a distraction, "tanking" small arms fire, until swooped in a little too low in an area that was a little too hot. I ate some tank shells and flack for my last supper.

Personally, I thought you're idea (that you posted months ago) about having them deploy as gun-fortress-supply-terminal was great and fun. The game needs more "fun" things like that.

Originally Posted by psijaka
Adjacency is essential to stop the game being one giant clusterfcuk.
Ah, but with chaos comes the deep human desire to bring order! Seriously though, while Figment seems to think people will "burn out" when having to go all over the map or actually have to hold all locations on the map, it's safe to say that other people will play the game just to do this activity. Everyone is different and we should respect that as a community.

Right now, a lot of places on the maps barely get used. Not only is that a waste, it's also pretty boring. That's why I don't understand how so many people seem to want "continent locking" - you folks seriously believe that it's fun to remove the ability play on large swaths of the playable area? That's like running a Counter-Strike server and deleting half the maps, "just because". This, I do not understand. Also, I guarantee you that Average Joe Justwantstoplaythegame won't understand it either, he'll instead log in to find that he simply can't play in the area that he wanted to and that's not fun. Why do that?

Anti-air is pretty good right now, the skies are always filled with aircraft, and the server populations are much better than they were in beta, so I highly doubt that the Galaxy AMS will all of a sudden "make walls useless". Like Canaris said, the damned thing is pretty much impossible to hide lol... Besides, if the Galaxy's ability to fly over walls was really so uber powerful, then why are they so rarely used to do this right now?
Old 2013-02-04, 02:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Calisai
Contributor
Sergeant

Originally Posted by ExplodingSilver View Post
suggestions :-
bring back the AMS capacity but in a limited way
> as a cert, landed and deployed galaxy is deploy point for squad only (not platoon and certainly not the whole team)
> as a cert, pilot activates cert then for 4 mins an airborne galaxy becomes a deploy point for the whole team, players deploy in the galaxy and are immediately dropped to the ground, so a circling galaxy is depositing players over a target
Galaxy as the only AMS was definitely bad... it was horrible in tech. There was no fighting between bases as the Gal would skip the fight... that or there was no spawns left (as they were huge targets) and you'd have to spend 5 minutes getting back to where you were attacking. 4-5 AMS's > 1 gal. (which is about the comparison of survival rate)

I do think they can bring it back as a temporary squad spawn or something along the lines of above. Maybe have it able to be activated by the pilot for 4-5 minutes, then have a recharge period of maybe the same 4-5 minutes and able to be activated again. This would give any defenders a period of time they could use to regroup or destroy the Gal.

Also, with the increase of AA and the adjacency system still in place... I don't think a higher cert cost Gal-AMS option would be overpowered. Especially if limited by time and/or platoon/squad only settings.

At the very least, they should allow the equipment terminals to be put back on. (maybe a lower cert of eq terms, higher cert of timed AMS... make it a full cert tree) Give some lovin' to the Gal... she's lonely.
Old 2013-02-04, 04:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
MaxDamage
Sergeant Major

Nope.
Old 2013-02-04, 04:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Rivenshield
Contributor
Major

Yeah, let's have an invulnerable spawn point parked on top of every spawn-outhouse in-game, all over again.....

Let's have an enemy-occupied teleporter-spawn AND a fresh stream of reinforcements straight off the air pad at every biolab, and at the Crown for that matter, and fuck the defenders over even more.... Let's RUIN defense. Dynamic gameplay for the win! Huzzah!

Screw that, and screw Sony if they bring it back.
Old 2013-02-04, 09:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Tatwi
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Rivenshield View Post
Yeah, let's have an invulnerable spawn point parked on top of every spawn-outhouse in-game, all over again.....

Let's have an enemy-occupied teleporter-spawn AND a fresh stream of reinforcements straight off the air pad at every biolab, and at the Crown for that matter, and fuck the defenders over even more.... Let's RUIN defense. Dynamic gameplay for the win! Huzzah!

Screw that, and screw Sony if they bring it back.
Old 2013-02-04, 09:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
thegreekboy
Master Sergeant

Regarding the AMS gal rebuttals, Instead of making it available for EVERYONE to spawn in on, make it outfit/platoon/squad only.
Old 2013-02-04, 10:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
robocpf1
First Sergeant

I see plenty of Galaxy dropship usage during Mattherson primetime. Many outfits large and small use them for transport, some even use them as Gunships! We love GGs.

In addition, spawn beacons are amazing when you upgrade them. You can spawn at a fully upgraded beacon once every 60 seconds. It doesn't allow you to resupply, obviously, but that's still a very powerful and incredibly versatile spawn alternative to the AMS.
Old 2013-02-04, 11:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Saintlycow
Sergeant Major

Ah, The good old galaxy AMS.

It's really quite elementary, dear Watson (or should I say Waterson )

Squad or Platoon only

Give it charges. LvL 1 has 12 spawns, LvL 2 has 16, and so forth (arbitrary numbers)
These charges can be reloaded at an airpad, but take a long time to reload.

Toying with the Idea of making it hover in place or not, as well as spawning into the gal itself, or outside of it.

The charges alleviate the amount of G-AMS in an area, as they need to leave
But rest assured...
Fucks will be given!
Old 2013-02-04, 11:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
BIGGByran
Staff Sergeant

Should they ever bring that back, they need to restrict it to Squad ONLY, not platoon, not friendlys, not outfit. Plus by equiping AMS to a galaxy, it need to have draw backs like:
-Normal Galaxy: 100% Speed 100% Armor
-AMS Galaxy: 75% Speed 75% Armor (Removing armor and weapons to add "AMS Equipment")
-Deployed AMS Galaxy: 50% Armor (Opening up galaxies, reveals its weak points.)
- Maybe even adding a 30 sec undeploy timer

50% armor will allow it to be destroyed more easily, since it can take a lot of hits.

Last edited by BIGGByran; 2013-02-04 at 11:49 PM.
Old 2013-02-04, 11:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
MittrackRobama
Private

I'd like to see an ammo resupply station for vehicles and infantry. Since there is SO MUCH air I don't think it would be too far of a stretch to have your squad only re-spawn on a galaxy.

I'd like to think if the dev's made galaxies that are deployed "auto-spot" for everyone in a 200M vicinity, the lifespan of any galaxy would be around the same as it is in the air; not that long. I'm not quite sure about the AMS gal, even if it's only for squad.
Old 2013-02-05, 01:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
Reaver
Private

The only thing removing g-ams accomplished was making infiltrators useful outside of sniping. Instead of landing and deploying a gal you just hack a vehicle terminal and pull a sunderer, nothing really changed at all.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion