Santorum Drops Out - Page 15 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Hey, I thought you were banned!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Political Debate Forum

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-04-24, 04:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #211
Warhound
Corporal

Re: Santorum Drops Out

Originally Posted by Goku View Post
Yup. Total BS if you ask me.
Ya you know that was an exaggeration right...
Old 2012-04-24, 04:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #212
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Originally Posted by Warhound View Post
Ya you know that was an exaggeration right...
Lol yes.
Old 2012-04-24, 04:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #213
Figment
Lieutenant General

HalfMan, you pay next to nothing for petrol and you complain?

Spoiled brat alert. Maybe you should stop wasting so much gas and buy a decent car. From German or Japanese make for instance. Anything that's not American really.

Or better yet, get an electric car.
Old 2012-04-24, 04:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #214
Warhound
Corporal

Originally Posted by Goku View Post
Lol yes.
Lol ok, sorry if I came off as rude. Just don't know if your agreeing with me or the opposite. More then likely disagreeing knowing the way I convey my thoughts.
Old 2012-04-24, 07:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #215
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Warhound View Post
God forbid power plants have to conform to EPA standards and guidelines.
The EPA exists to maintain its own existence.

Plus coal fired plants are extremely inefficient and harmful as is so cracking down on them is justified.
Depends on how you measure efficiency. As for harmful, they can be, yes.

Government has everything to do on U.S. soil nothing abroad admittedly greener energy option should be sought and aggressively pursued but alas there quite a few limiting "factors" in our government that hampers this.
The fact of the matter is you can't force a market shift, the market has to demand it. That is why green energy fails, it costs too much to implement.

You cited gas prices going up because of Obama; I said he doesn't control and cant control over seas speculating and price setting. If anything my dear boy its not his fault its the companies that try get as much profit as possibles fault.
Prices would drop by a minimum of a dollar if the Keystone XL was allowed to finish (BO stopped that one) and the offshore drilling was continued. Not to mention our strategic oil reserves also known as American resource greed.

Old 2012-04-24, 07:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #216
Vash02
Major

US oil production has increased under Obama:
http://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/Lea...s=MCRFPUS2&f=A

Oil price is set on the global market, doesent matter how much the US pumps it wont lower the prices significantly.

Its cheaper to import petrol from Europe than to ship it from the Gulf Coast apparently. Increasing oil production would only mean the US would export more oil. More than the 2 million barrels a day it already exports.
an interesting read:
http://www.eia.gov/energyexplained/i...ge=oil_imports
Old 2012-04-24, 09:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #217
WildGunsTomcat
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Figment View Post

Spoiled brat alert. Maybe you should stop wasting so much gas and buy a decent car. From German or Japanese make for instance. Anything that's not American really.

Anything that's not American? Nah, I'll stick to my GMC Sierra Hybrid that gets 38 miles to the gallon. Or my wife's chevy volt that gets 696 miles to the recharge/refill since it's an electric/gas hybrid.

You don't have to stop buying American. Because frankly I'm not ashamed of my country.

Plus it helps if you have a telecommuting job like I do.

Home office ftw.

Last edited by WildGunsTomcat; 2012-04-24 at 09:33 PM.
Old 2012-04-24, 09:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #218
Vash02
Major

Originally Posted by WildGunsTomcat View Post
Anything that's not American? Nah, I'll stick to my GMC Sierra Hybrid that gets 38 miles to the gallon. Or my wife's chevy volt that gets 696 miles to the recharge/refill since it's an electric/gas hybrid.

You don't have to stop buying American. Because frankly I'm not ashamed of my country.

Home office ftw.
Old 2012-04-24, 10:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #219
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Vash02 View Post
US oil production has increased under Obama:
http://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/Lea...s=MCRFPUS2&f=A
While it is true in the literal sense, the cost of that production is much higher due to the techniques needed. Both the Bakkan Range and the Permian Basin are booming right now.

Old 2012-04-25, 08:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #220
Figment
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Sobekeus View Post
While it is true in the literal sense, the cost of that production is much higher due to the techniques needed. Both the Bakkan Range and the Permian Basin are booming right now.
Yes, but that's only done because it became viable due to the high oil prices in the entire world.

It's nice though to just blame the president instead of, oh you know, supply and demand, international instability and oh. There's the whole shortage thing too.

No, it's all Obama's fault!
Old 2012-04-25, 08:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #221
Figment
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by WildGunsTomcat View Post

Home office ftw.
Can you actually BUY an electric GM car yet, or are they still destroying them and stopping people from obtaining one that's really their own even if they wanted one?

http://www.thepanelist.net/movie-rev...e-electric-car

http://www.sonyclassics.com/whokilledtheelectriccar/

Mind, my personal source for this is a lecturer at university, who worked for companies like BMW and Lamborghini. In fact, GM did to the Electric Cars what they did to the US' public transport in the early 20th century: buying it up to make it fail, so the petrol car industry would flourish. It's... incredible really.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General...car_conspiracy

Is history repeating? Is there a conspiracy? :P

Red Cars:

EV1s:

Last edited by Figment; 2012-04-25 at 08:53 AM.
Old 2012-04-25, 09:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #222
HalfManHalfGod
Private

Is this a joke? I pay $3500 a year in gas if the average gas price is $4.30 a gallon. Can we both agree that's not "nothing". Why would even say such a thing?

Spoiled brat alert? Please tell your joking to think Europe has it right and America has it wrong. Please tell me that you don't really believe that Americans have to suffer at the expensive of rising energy prices when we are surrounded by abundant sources. Just let us do what Americans do best work, learn, create, innovate and invent because its our way of life. We are a nation of innovators because of our freedom.

Electric cars? Are you serious? If there where a demand for them someone would create the market. Where does the energy for these cars come from? Oh thats right, those nasty fossil fuel burners that most on the left likes to demonize. Maybe we should run our cars and homes on wind power and wishes.

Last edited by HalfManHalfGod; 2012-04-25 at 10:11 AM.
Old 2012-04-25, 09:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #223
Figment
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by HalfManHalfGod View Post
Is this a joke? I pay $3500 a year in gas if the average gas price is $4.30 a gallon. Can we both agree that's not "nothing". Why would even say such a thing?
You may not understand this, but, that's cheap, for European prices, think 1.5x to 2x your price.. For over the last 5 decades. Enough said.

OMG WE HAVE TO PAY SO MUCH. WAH WAH WAH. So yes, spoiled brat.

Last edited by Figment; 2012-04-25 at 10:02 AM.
Old 2012-04-25, 10:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #224
HalfManHalfGod
Private

You may not understand this, but, that's cheap... Enough said.
Is your reality really that warped that you truly believe everyone who disagrees with you is incapable of understanding your supreme intelligence?

No I understand quite well. Its my money...Now its enough said.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-04-25, 10:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #225
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Meh.

Last edited by Malorn; 2012-09-11 at 03:11 AM.

PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Political Debate Forum