BFRs - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Way, way better than Halo
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-07-18, 12:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
starrider
First Lieutenant

hahahahaha mechs in PS!

boy am i glad im no longer a subscriber.

watch the OS scream nerf! you can hear them now!!

"The absence of war is not peace." - Harry S. Truman

Qui desiderat pacem pr�paret bellum. - He who would desire peace should be prepared for war.

When there is no enemy within, the enemies outside cannot hurt you - Unknown
Old 2004-07-18, 12:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
ViperGTS
Banned

Wow. This is worth resubscribing and upgrading my pc.
/me splooges
Old 2004-07-18, 12:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
Mag
Lieutenant Colonel

You know, something else to consider, Battle Islands, an addition that was supposivley near completion this time last month, has taken an ungodly amount of time to go live. Perhaps it's because there's more in development.
Old 2004-07-18, 01:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
Batousai
Staff Sergeant

If these things require outfit points to get then i know the 666th will completely own the battlefield. They got about a billion outfit points. I can see it now in a POTD the 666th has about 10 BFR in the back ground with reavers flying overhead and vanguards at the feet of the BFR wiht all the infantry crouching infront of the tanks. Thats going to be a black day planetside.

FYI: My character is on Markov on the side of the NC.
Old 2004-07-18, 01:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
PhatBoy
Private

Oh dear god, what have they done. On the official forums SmokeJumper didn't deny it, so something has to be going on, otherwise they definately denied it. This is a dark day for me. I just got PS, and was drawn towards it because it was futuristic but not outlandish. Sure some things are no way near normal, like lashers and magriders (though you could say these are like hovercraft), but they are still kinda gritty and don't dominate the battlefield. Giant Mechs though, why, just why.
Old 2004-07-18, 01:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
Vernius
Private

Actually, we broke the leaderboard at 10 millions OP but we have more than that

Originally Posted by Batousai
If these things require outfit points to get then i know the 666th will completely own the battlefield. They got about a billion outfit points. I can see it now in a POTD the 666th has about 10 BFR in the back ground with reavers flying overhead and vanguards at the feet of the BFR wiht all the infantry crouching infront of the tanks. Thats going to be a black day planetside.

FYI: My character is on Markov on the side of the NC.
Old 2004-07-18, 01:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
Cauldron Borne
Captain

Mechwarrior! Woohoooooooo!!!!!!!

SPAM SONG! (Yes, it DOES exist kiddies.)
Old 2004-07-18, 01:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
Infernus
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Smokejumper from OF
That's the first I've seen of that article. We'll get you an answer first thing on Monday (or sooner, possibly). But Monday for sure.
Ok We all know that Smoke is Dave Georgeson... now please enlighten me... how would he not know about an article he's quoted in?
Old 2004-07-18, 01:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
DeltaForceAlpha
Corporal

I don't like them, why do they add somethign like that instead of refining the game?
Old 2004-07-18, 01:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
Meursault00
Staff Sergeant

I don't get why people would be so negative about this new addition to Planetside. Frankly, any addition that would mix things up, change up the gameplay is greatly welcomed by me and probably many other people.

Change is good, change means that everyone is on the same level again. The old killers will try to cling to their old tactics, the new fresh ones will adopt the new game as they adopt the rest of the game. It is almost like a revolution.

He probably does know about the article, but he does not want to confirm or deny anything at the moment. They are decide on how to break the news to us at the moment, and a confirmation by Smoke would just give everything away.

Yea, I absolutely fear what the 666th is going to do with these BFRs. We on Markov may be screwed for awhile.

Refining the game takes time. Refining the game will still eventually mean that they have to add new stuff. All Counter-Strike did was refine gameplay (until Condition Zero) and it began to become a dying game. Then CZ came and tried to bring life to the game, but that flumped, and now the only thing that keeps CZ alive is the thought of HL2.

Refining will only take you so far, at which point you'll have to start adding.

Last edited by Meursault00; 2004-07-18 at 01:45 PM.
Old 2004-07-18, 02:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #56
PhatBoy
Private

Originally Posted by Meursault00
Refining will only take you so far, at which point you'll have to start adding.
OK, you're right there, but I just wish the addition could be something that revolutionises the game and that would fit in with the current game environment. Something along the lines of naval and/ or space combat. Mechs really don't seem to fit in with PS's Universe, it seems to brash and would probably fit something like Tribes, not the gritty world of Planetside. However, while I do not particularly want people running around in giant mechs on the battlefield, if it genuinly adds to the tactical choices available in the game (and is not a gimmick as I suspect it may be), then I would welcome it. I really hope the addition of mechs (and Infernus, at this stage if SmokeJumper knew it was false, he wouldn't waste time denying it, and IMHO his delay in a proper response is as good as a confirmation) won't turn PS into an action game that tries to have it all, Mechs, Vehicles, Big Guns and so on, and fails.
Old 2004-07-18, 02:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
kcirreda
Corporal

You guys know how the devs like to keep things secret untill a few weeks till its actually live. Spork probly told CGW about the BFRs, but didnt know that some people would actually recieve the issue this early and information of the BFRs would get leaked. Now he is probobly thinking of how 2 deal with his situation.

Heres the options he has 2 do:
1. Say it was all fake, but 2-4 months later the BFRs are released but SLIGHTLY different from CGWs description.

2. Say it was true, and BFRs are coming in the near future ( but we know it wouldnt be near). BUT he doesnt give us any info AT ALL besides that in CGW. And thus it continues 2 be hyped up and CC sales go higher.

3. Spills all of the beans, we know all about what is planned for BFRs, we fall asleep easily. But some negative and positive thoughts go with it and some people will change theyre mind about re-subscribing and/or getting CC.

4. Say it was a hoax and actually was but considers BFRs and renames them cuz they may have 2 pay some nerd for coming up with it.

5. (my fav 1) It was a hoax but REVEALS the real new vehs (acident or on purpose) And every1 gets even more hyped up cuz its real and "YAY".

anyway... theres my 2 cents
Old 2004-07-18, 02:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #58
Trencher
Private

I feel horrible about turning the official forums into even more of a stupid fest than it usually is...
Old 2004-07-18, 02:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #59
Sigma
Private

if the mechs are real they will probly change the design of them some because look at the force domes, they were gonna go on all of the bases but they decided to put hem on the new capitals instead
Old 2004-07-18, 03:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #60
Biohazzard56
Contributor
Major General

Two Words.

Bad Idea.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion