Gameplay: Wing wingsuits - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Plastic Spoon Universe.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 3.67 average. Display Modes
Old 2011-07-28, 11:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Bruttal
Sergeant Major

Wing wingsuits

Ive broght this up few times in the planetside 2 Discussion I got some mixed Replys because they thought i was talking about some Jetpack with huge wings or something. when in reality i was speaking more of this

and the

Mini game http://www.fjordnorway.com/wingsuit

I was thinking it could be used for jumping out of Gals or even off cliffs and gliding down to that 1 spot.

Last edited by Bruttal; 2011-07-28 at 11:43 AM.
Old 2011-07-28, 01:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
headcrab13
Second Lieutenant

Re: Wing wingsuits

Add in a design like the MDK parachute, and you have yourself a deal!

But seriously, I think this would be an awesome idea. It would certainly make more sense than the anti-gravity boots everyone has in PlanetSide, as awesome as they are.

An interesting twist to the wing suits would be if they were on-board equipment for the Galaxy, so hotdroppers would all have them when bailing, but you wouldn't have access to a wing suit when jumping from your Mossie or Reaver.

-HC13
Old 2011-07-28, 04:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Krowe
Sergeant

Maybe something like Nod Shadow Teams?

Stealthy gliders at night could be interesting.
Old 2011-07-29, 02:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Bruttal
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Krowe View Post
Maybe something like Nod Shadow Teams?

Stealthy gliders at night could be interesting.

lol when you see it like that it doesn't look so stealthy looks pretty easy to spot 4 guys flying into a base with red wingsuites in the middle of the day.
Old 2011-07-29, 02:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
FastAndFree
Contributor
Major

I take responsibility for bringing up wingpacks in the last thread, but consider this:
How well would a soldier move on the ground in something like this? Could you even hold your rifle? Doubtful, so it would have to bee ditched on landing.
But how long would it take to get out of this? Every second is precious when you are under fire.You can't just "retract" fabric that is conected to you
The only solution I can think of is that it deconstructs itself

Whereas a wingpack - that is essentially like those jetpacks we saw in the trailer, only unpowered and with a larger wing surface -could feasibly be collapsed/auto-retracted in seconds. Meaning would be reusable, although I'm not sure if that would actually be useful or not

That idea about these things being standard issue in Galaxies is a good one!
Old 2011-07-29, 03:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Bruttal
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by RavenLord View Post
I take responsibility for bringing up wingpacks in the last thread, but consider this:
How well would a soldier move on the ground in something like this? Could you even hold your rifle? Doubtful, so it would have to bee ditched on landing.
But how long would it take to get out of this? Every second is precious when you are under fire.You can't just "retract" fabric that is conected to you
The only solution I can think of is that it deconstructs itself

Whereas a wingpack - that is essentially like those jetpacks we saw in the trailer, only unpowered and with a larger wing surface -could feasibly be collapsed/auto-retracted in seconds. Meaning would be reusable, although I'm not sure if that would actually be useful or not

That idea about these things being standard issue in Galaxies is a good one!
If you look at the pictures i posted they have there feet and hands in side a slip so all they have to do is remove there feet/hands from the slip and the suit wouldn't be as hard to move in. besides its ment to limit you i never said that you should have one of these and beable to cary rexo armor with two weapons and large inventory. it would be a cross between standerd and agil armor.

also for a game they could make the suits just begin to fold up as your landing using the jetpack thing insted of a parachute so when you tap your jetpack it begins to fold away, and if you do it to early your gonna go SPLAT lol.
Old 2011-07-29, 04:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Krowe
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Bruttal View Post
lol when you see it like that it doesn't look so stealthy looks pretty easy to spot 4 guys flying into a base with red wingsuites in the middle of the day.
Essentially they all had infiltrator suits while flying and on the ground. And the red is just the generic color scheme given to a unit in x RTS game, not saying it should look EXACTLY like that.
Old 2011-07-29, 05:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Bruttal
Sergeant Major

i was just kidding with ya krowe i didn't know the contest of the screen shot so it would have been hard for me to understand seeing as ive never played whatever that is =)
Old 2011-07-29, 03:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Vancha
Colonel

I'm always trying to think of new ways to move about and this has popped into my head a few times. I think so long as it wasn't too widespread (thus nullifying the obstacle of vertical drops) this could be pretty good. The biggest challenge would be making it look cool and planetside-esque.
Old 2011-07-30, 10:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Sirisian
Colonel

I like this idea a lot. Would be nice for jumping and gliding from high places. I'd love to see infiltrators and other people have this as an option.
Old 2011-07-30, 10:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Sovereign
Staff Sergeant

Watch out incoming 12 o'clock!

*Drop pods descend flattening the entire team*

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault