reintroduce the ANT - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Vanu: Vipers are not ugly
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-06-22, 04:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
moosepoop
Captain

Re: reintroduce the ANT

Originally Posted by Whiteagle View Post
That's why I keep suggesting Pipelines.

We can still have ANT's and Silos, but the Pipes are what passively moves things around and they don't even reqiure any new assets.

I don't think new Vehicle Development is the real issue here, the ANT is a single Seat Vehicle with no Weapons and only one Special Ability based on Deployment, an Art team could have a Draft Model whipped out by the end of the day.
Old 2013-06-22, 04:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
moosepoop
Captain

Originally Posted by JumpJetter View Post
I would like a modification of Ghoest9's suggestion, but instead of automated supply trains, it would be armored truck convoys, with gunner positions able to be filled by players. Or we could have heavily armed and armored supply trains with tank turrets, AA guns, etc.
Old 2013-06-22, 07:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

It would be called AR(esource)T then, wouldn't it?

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2013-06-22, 07:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
capiqu
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by moosepoop View Post
This sure does look like the Planetside Ant.

Old 2013-06-22, 10:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Hamma
PSU Admin

Heh we saw that ages ago now

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2013-06-22, 10:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
markoniad
Private

reluctant to drive ants. I must have played a different ps1 all those years. We used to race ants back to see who would get the points
Old 2013-06-22, 10:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Rivenshield
Contributor
Major

Resource Pipeline and Resources being stored in Silos at each Base.

We could even have a "Nanite Aerial Transport" or NAT!
Those are both excellent ideas.
Old 2013-06-23, 04:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
ringring
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Ghoest9 View Post
Many people in PS1 felt forced to drive ants and did not enjoy it.
A resentful player is not a long term player.

ANTS(at least as we knew them) wont be back.

A better option is my old suggestion of automated trains/trollies that people could attack and defend.
Equally many people did enjoy it. I'd suggest that those people who don't enjoy it don't do it.

That asise, there are two reasons the ant worked in PS1.

Firstly it was a stalemate breaker at a fight at a base. I don't think we have those in PS2.

Secondly it could be very exciting and very much fun bringing an ant in to a base that was about to be depleted. It was often one of those situations where you know you're bringing an ant, the enemy know you're bringing an ant and you know that they know etc. move and counter move, you don't have anything similar in PS2.

So yes. Ants or something 'ant-like' would be good to return but the context would need to be right too.
Old 2013-06-23, 11:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
moosepoop
Captain

Originally Posted by ringring View Post
Equally many people did enjoy it. I'd suggest that those people who don't enjoy it don't do it.

That asise, there are two reasons the ant worked in PS1.

Firstly it was a stalemate breaker at a fight at a base. I don't think we have those in PS2.

Secondly it could be very exciting and very much fun bringing an ant in to a base that was about to be depleted. It was often one of those situations where you know you're bringing an ant, the enemy know you're bringing an ant and you know that they know etc. move and counter move, you don't have anything similar in PS2.

So yes. Ants or something 'ant-like' would be good to return but the context would need to be right too.
yep. it added a lot of tension and excitement to gameplay. I think active resource collection is much more fun and strategic than passive, but we can have a mixture of both.

maybe we can have a basic passive resource tick from territories owned, but have ANTs to give a large bonus to resources.
Old 2013-06-23, 01:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Timealude
Captain

Originally Posted by wasdie View Post
To the people here new game features should be easy to implement because they already did it in Planetside 1.
Yep, from what I understand is..we either get these or new continents not both just because it seems to eat up alot of resources that they have on the dev team. Look what happened to hossin, it got pushed back mostly because of the lattice system everyone wanted.
Old 2013-06-23, 04:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
MrMak
Sergeant Major

The lattice required the bases to be moved around ad redesigned. Simlarly Hossin will have to be adaped to that. not to mentio nany features they implement in the Esamir and Amerish revamps.

Implementing ANTS would require a similar redesign. Especialy that some bases such as Scared Mesa Skydock on Indar or Ravens landing and the Ascent on Amerish are unreachable by land.

Last edited by MrMak; 2013-06-23 at 04:26 PM.
Old 2013-06-23, 04:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Shogun
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by MrMak View Post
The lattice required the bases to be moved around ad redesigned. Simlarly Hossin will have to be adaped to that. not to mentio nany features they implement in the Esamir and Amerish revamps.

Implementing ANTS would require a similar redesign. Especialy that some bases such as Scared Mesa Skydock on Indar or Ravens landing and the Ascent on Amerish are unreachable by land.
we already need another complete bases redesign, for the spawn revamp.

so this could be combined.
and maybe the bases out of reach could get a small ressourcepipeline to reachable places with a silo, connected to the base by jump pads or teleporters, to be able to send defenders there. so the ant wouldn´t need to reach the courtyard and could refuel the base at the outsourced silo.

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
Old 2013-06-23, 04:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Whiteagle
Major

Or they could give us Loadstars...
Old 2013-06-23, 05:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Timealude
Captain

Or they could give us Loadstars...
but they would also have to code in the new mechanic and as well as draw up art for an NTU silo, UI would have to make icons for them so people would know where to go. Thats alot of stuff just without making and modeling the ANT and then make and model the loadstar as well. hell for all we know they could already have the art team working on those models now or have plans for them in the future.
Old 2013-06-23, 05:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Rivenshield
Contributor
Major

The *Aerial* Nanite Transport would solve that problem handily.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion