head shots!!! - Page 11 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Why play, When you can READ about playing!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2002-12-10, 10:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #151
Psycho21
Private

It will be almost impossible to have an Aimbot for PlanetSide. Most aimbots work by replacing some of the files in the game. Because Planetside is online, it could try the same as HLGuard and Return to Castle Wolfenstein by scanning your main files for consistency with the server. Scanning would also prevent people pulling another CS trick and replacing enemies with fluro-pink skins.
Old 2002-12-10, 10:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #152
Psycho21
Private

As for the whole sniper thing, they'll probably make it like Halo, where it is almost impossible to hit someone in a vehicle and a white trail shows where you are anyway.
BTW, anybody who calls a sniper rifle a Noob Cannon is dead wrong. You actually need quite a bit of skill to use one effectively, and once somebody gets close to you, you're dead (they take up so much space that they're impossible to carry with the faster armours). You'll also probably be slowed down with the extra weight in the way that you are for all other Station games - anyone who's played Infantry will know hwat im talking about.
Old 2002-12-10, 11:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #153
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Nice. The thread has taken the exciting path toward idiocy and repetition -- the very finest in stupid that forums have to offer. Man, this dicussion is really getting intense though. Dio and Raven taking the typical inutile way out with their ad hominem remarks, and the same stuff repeated over 10 pages. Woohoo. Yeah, see you in another thread.
Old 2002-12-10, 11:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #154
�io
Lieutenant General

Thumbs down

This coming from the guy who keeps saying "This thread is dumb, bye" yet keeps coming back.

Anyway i agree that pretty much everything as been said so let's move on to something else since we'll never get anywhere.
Old 2002-12-11, 12:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #155
Ravon Dark
Corporal

j/k
Old 2002-12-11, 03:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #156
Lexington_Steele
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by Dio

I don't mind at all that the sniper not become an elite killer, in fact i would hate it if he were, however lowering the damage headshots make isn't the way, making the sniper hard to aim, only useable from a reasonable distance, slow reload between each single bullet and nearly useless up close is.
Why are you so unwilling to budge on this head shot issue. You are willing to nerf the sniper in many ways but not the head shots? Why are head shots so important to you? Why couldn't a sniper position be fun or balanced without one hit kills?

If lowering a headshot so it only does like 80%-90% makes the game more overall fun, then why would you not want it reduced? Sounds like you want your class to be uber and are not worrying about how fun the game is or about game balance.

As far as fun, how fun would it be spending like 5-10 minutes hiking to the battle and then dying after being hit once by a guy that was far away and you had no clue as to where it came from and there was no way you could have had advanced warning. Then you have to wait to respawn and then spend another 5-10 minutes getting to the battle. So you have spent 10-20 minutes of game time and all the action you got too see was an instant death.

I can guarentee than not one of you sniper fanbois can give me a good reason why one hit kills should be more important than making planetside fun to play.

Sit Back, Relax, and Enjoy the Action.
Old 2002-12-11, 05:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #157
Jinxmasta
Second Lieutenant

Now I'm just praying that this thread will be closed because we are all NEVER going to agree on one single thing. Some people want one hit kills, others don't, others want to make it hard, others want 5 hit kills because they hate snipers, etc. JUST DROP IT PEOPLE! How about we wait until the game comes out THEN we can discuss head shots and all that. Maybe there won't even be a need to change it at all because I for one have great faith in the DEVs.

I Qanamil_Rafiki for this sig!
Old 2002-12-11, 05:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #158
m0rphiu5
NC Superior
Firepower

im with Dio on this one, too much talk on snipers and headshots.... we will all know for sure in a couple of months (those luky enough tro get into beta will know sooner). for the simple reason that we are only guessing.

*angry mode = on*
oh one more thing, warborn get a life, comming into threads and saying this is stupid... is for two year olds, judging by your sig and knowledge of history i would say that your not that age, so grow up.
*angry mode = off*

right, now that ive had my winge for the year, back to civil posting aye?
Old 2002-12-11, 05:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #159
Jinxmasta
Second Lieutenant

Finally something I can agree with! Thanks m0rph|u5 !

Old 2002-12-11, 07:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #160
Hamma
PSU Admin

The Devs will balance snipers you can be sure of that, and they will be useful.

Im not going to close this thread because its not a flame war. Just chill and you will see snipers come beta and release.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2002-12-11, 06:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #161
cujoman39
Sergeant

ya as long as there are headshots im happy, and i dont care if a sniper rifle is over powered like the awp( because everyone jumped the snipers and that was fun and sniping does take skill if you've played the AWP map in counter strike with good people you'll know it takes skill and newbs can drop by the doesens to an experianced sniper and ono veteran player can kick his ass because snipers cant see any farther than regular people can(without there scope), so what ever the Dev team does it will be cool with me!
Old 2002-12-11, 06:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #162
BLuE_ZeRO
l33t Whore
#manlove op

The awp map was really close quarters though. Here they could be very far away, not that it really matters. Hamma did say that the lights went down in one shot though and it wasn't neccesarily a headshot. Hmm... that could be interesting.
Old 2002-12-11, 06:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #163
Jinxmasta
Second Lieutenant

Ok so now it is settled so STOP DISCUSSING IT ANYMORE! There are one shot kills and that's the end of it. Now shh and just don't speak because Hamma is almighty and Hamma is correct so

Old 2002-12-11, 06:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #164
cujoman39
Sergeant

i guess that answered al of our questions for now!
Old 2002-12-11, 06:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #165
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Disappointing that there are one shot kills. Hopefully there are other factors I'm not aware of that make this more reasonable.

Glad the thread can now be laid to rest though.

Last edited by Warborn; 2002-12-11 at 06:47 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion