Gameplay: Devastator, Warbringer, and Trident - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: killing me softly
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2012-06-16, 01:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Saifoda
Sergeant Major

Re: Devastator, Warbringer, and Trident

Originally Posted by Fab View Post
Yeah that could do it. That makes me think : do we know if you can lend some other players some of your own ressources?
At this point I am not sure of anything -- maybe a dev will pop his/her head in here and let you know otherwise an answer MIGHT be floating around somewhere in the forums, or a mod might know or just somebody else in general. I haven't seen any new videos lately except for the ps1 live streams that have been going on so not a lot of questions have been getting answered this past week. If I had to guess, I'd say.....maybe? Yeah, I just really don't know. It'd be cool if you could, but there may be a good reason why they won't implement it (if they don't).
Old 2012-06-16, 05:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Fab
Sergeant

Well obviously the problem with that is multi account...
Old 2012-06-16, 09:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Rexdezi
Sergeant

could do something like tribal wars, with an IP lock on trading (can't trade with someone on same IP)
Old 2012-06-16, 03:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Saifoda
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Rexdezi View Post
could do something like tribal wars, with an IP lock on trading (can't trade with someone on same IP)
Good idea. Other thing you could do is have resources traded only while players are in-game -- inventory to inventory moves, none of this mailbox business.
Old 2012-06-19, 02:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
WiFiN
Private

Nah, that's not a problem at all, as well as resources. It's not BF. There will be about 600 players on each side, most of them being part of an outfit, thus it is highly unlikely that if someone has enough resources will fiddle with two PC's just to control it alone. Guess such things will be outfit-specific just because of resouces.

And yeah - resource transfer is cooperative effort, so I don't see anything bad in it.

Also, driver can be granted with some passive abilities as far as such platform doesn't have to move that much.
Shield override - bolsters shields temporary at the expense of movement speed.
Weapon systems override - decreases bullet spread of the turrets at the cost of main gun reload time.
Find some more.

Last edited by WiFiN; 2012-06-19 at 02:51 PM.
Old 2012-06-20, 07:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
WVoneseven
Corporal

This would be balanced simply because players saving up for one would need to sacrifice lots of other luxuries.... make it cost a large amount of EVERY recourse so the player has to not use other vehicles for days/weeks before they can buy one tank.
Without these vehicles it will be much tougher to hold down areas to keep resources.
Old 2012-06-20, 10:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Methonius
Master Sergeant

I think this idea would be cool as long as the vehicles are multi manned to be fully operational and also give them hard points like the 4 other turrets can be disabled by focusing on those parts of the vehicle but could be repaired individually as well. Also they should not implement regenerating shields that makes super vehicles overpowered. The speed of the super vehicles needs to be only 75percent of what the other tanks are or maybe even lower.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault