Advanced Medic Idea. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Hrmm.. I dont think Hamma likes RPGs very much..
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-02-09, 12:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Arkitan
Private

Lightbulb Advanced Medic Idea.

This is kind of like the combat engineer, I think it would be cool if the ADV MED cert got you the ACE, but you can only create medical terminals with it, they pop up and if a wonded soldier of your empire stops over it they get healed over time.

I don't think they should be too big because people could use the to block the back and front doors to bases, I also think it would be great if you could depoly them indoors and outdoors.

for Combat engineers they could add something to the ACE like the med station, but that repairs armor.

so what do you think?
Old 2004-02-09, 01:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Vis Armata
Contributor
Sergeant Major

Call it the MACE - Medical Adapative Construction Engine.

Something like what you describe woul make a big difference in sieges. I like the concept.
Old 2004-02-09, 01:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
BigFreak
Sergeant Major

I think Advanced Medic needs an incentive to be picked up. So few people have it, and when they do they generally just can't be arsed to use it (generally). This might be a good one, I dunno. Something needs to be added so more people'll take it.
Old 2004-02-09, 01:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by BigFreak
I think Advanced Medic needs an incentive to be picked up. So few people have it, and when they do they generally just can't be arsed to use it (generally). This might be a good one, I dunno. Something needs to be added so more people'll take it.
they do they generally just can't be arsed to use it (generally).
can't be arsed to use it (generally).
arsed
Mike Bullard's guests after appearing on Open Mike with Mike Bullard because Mike Bullard is a stupid asshole. What's what, Mr.Celebrity, you want to say something? I don't think so! It's time to cut you off so Mike Bullard can talk to the buttertroll he's got hidden in his shirt while he drinks his own urine. ANOTHER SUCCESSFUL NIGHT LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!

There are a lot of good ideas floating around for Adv. Medical improvements. I like this general concept, putting down an emplacement which heals those who stand on it. I've heard ones dealing with giving Adv. Medics the ability to give temporary enhancements too, like a temporary health increase (healing over max, slowly degrades over time) similar to Team Fortress Medics. I like that idea also.

To contribute on whim, maybe also giving Adv. Medics a rifle weapon which allows them to shoot darts which can temporarily slow or poison them, or even heal allies from a distance would be good too. It's difficult being a medic in a FPS game where the people need to stand still to be healed, so either of these would help alleviate the problem.

Last edited by Warborn; 2004-02-09 at 01:51 AM.
Old 2004-02-09, 01:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
BigFreak
Sergeant Major

Old 2004-02-09, 01:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Dyentious
Private

LOL

a med terminal that heals troops while they stand on it eh?

Can't wait to put my sniper crosshair over that one..
Old 2004-02-09, 03:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Rayder
General

Misc Info

It'll have a giant shield around it that reflects your sniper shot and hurts you for twice as much damage if you fail a reflex save of DC 26. If you have Improved Evasion and fail you only take half damage/your character level.
Old 2004-02-09, 06:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

Now would this term blow up like a spitfire, killing everyone around it? Easy target for snipers. Can cloakers hack it? Does it ever run out of med juice?
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
Old 2004-02-09, 07:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
JakeLogan
Major

I would rather see something like a motion alarm sensor. not a big explosion when you kil them. (not sure if they even injure you when they explode because I kill them at range.) and it would have an effect area you don't have to stand on it. it should have a small SOI maybe the size of the motion alarm sensor (or maybe 1/2 the size)
just my 2 cents.
Old 2004-02-09, 09:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
ChemicalHex
Private

Originally Posted by Rayder
It'll have a giant shield around it that reflects your sniper shot and hurts you for twice as much damage if you fail a reflex save of DC 26. If you have Improved Evasion and fail you only take half damage/your character level.
Old 2004-02-09, 09:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
LordCyrez
Private

V-a-m
Old 2004-02-09, 09:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

Clever indeed. I have Adv. Med. and I forget I have it sometimes because it's used too rarely. We just need something that let's us be more effective in the field.

Old 2004-02-09, 10:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
ChemicalHex
Private

What Adv. Medics should get in my opinion, is the ability to make stimpacks and the such for people. It could be a device, used like an ACE, with a couple different functions. One would be the ability to create a stimpack that a friendly could put in his inventory and use when he/she needs it, but would have to be used from the inventory and not from a hotslot to keep surgiles from exploiting it (although I can still see a problem with it). Another function would be a "boost" they could give to friendlies that would increase their health, much like the health mod.

Another friend of mine had a good idea for adv. medic as well. They should be able to store the matrix data of you and possibly your squad, so they could bind you to a friendly facility or AMS. This would make it easier for squads to regroup, and people wouldn't worry about forgetting to bind at say, a tech plant. Seems like a good idea to me.
Old 2004-02-09, 10:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
FireWolf22
Sergeant

Exclamation

I am combat eng and adv med. I have a lot to say so I'm going to seperate it into med and CE.

Medic:

I think something needs to be done to stop the peeps that are respawning. I hate more than anything to come all the way out to you when you are down, to revive, under fire. Get there and start the revive get halfway finished and BLAM you click out and I'm reviving a backpack. That right there pisses me off more than anything. I know it use to flash on the screen that you were being healed or revived. That needs to be brought back. Also don't run around yelling for a medic and keep running. Get back out of the fight and stand still unless you come under fire again. We will get to you. Also if you are dead check on the proxy map. It tells you if there are medics around. I do know that it tells you every medic is around. Even the standard meds, you can't see just the adv so you may think there is one and there isn't. The proxy map thing should be for the adv meds only. Also it would be great if that happened without the med ap out. I mean it's not that big a deal to be able to see dead peeps with your rifle in your hand. Half the time the meds can't even see that someone is down in a fight and need to get to them. Also sometimes it hard to find peeps that need revive. In a tower you don't know if they are on the -1 1 2 3 or 4th floors. Give us a plus or minus next to the blip to attempt to locate them. That may be asking to much though. I have noticed that it is getting very hard to revive peeps. You sometimes have to run around the body a few times. You have to get to the exact 5 cm's where the message "corpse of ________" appears then you can revive. PLz god do not let anyone run near you during that time cause it will f the revive and you have to start all over again. I have spent 3 mins before attempting to revive one person cause of this. Okay I think I have covered the medics.

CE:

Now on to Eng. Not to much to say about engs. They have it better than the meds. Big thing here, put in a damn armor bar on friendlies. We get the health bar, so I can tell you need healing, but I can't tell if you need repair. I hear every person yelling for repairs but we can't always find you. Also the meds have the med aplicator for revive and heal. Now the CE, I already have to carry around the ACE for deployables. Lets say I'm out there and someone sees me placing deployables. They know I'm eng. So they need repairs. So they stop for them and start spamming vnr. I don't carry my bank and my repair gun if I'm out for mining ops. It's just not going to work no room. So they are left out. If I do have the bank and I am in a combat situation I can't carry my repair gun also, need ammo and extra weapon. If I have all three I don't have any room in my backpack for enough aces to make the deployables worth while, carry enough ammo to make me combat effective and enough med or repair stuff to make me last long in a repair. Maybe take the eng down to just one repair gun. Make it the big gun that would be fine with me.

There are getting to be to many things to carry around in this game. I'm CR 2 so I can carry the CUD(which i usually never carry, but almost cr 3 may carry it more then), I sometimes need an REK(not that often there are adv hackers around all the time), A bank, med ap, repair gun, ACE, and oh yeah the rifle and some ammo.

Last edited by FireWolf22; 2004-02-09 at 10:26 AM.
Old 2004-02-09, 10:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Onizuka-GTO
Lieutenant Colonel

You know hwne your in a big swarm battle, everytime you reach the spawn tubes there are already lots of Adv. Medic/CE troops already.
I think people find Adv. Med Invaluable already, all i ask for is when an Adv. Medic trying to revive someone it somehows stop the timer, so that the person will have to wait until he/she is back alive and it will prevent people respawning when a Adv. Medic is already working on someone.

I love you, You love me, Lets go kill those dammn NC's With their jackhammer shotguns, And their Phoenix Missiles too, and make them wish they were barney's too.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion