Advanced Medic Idea. - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Pope on a Rope!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-02-09, 10:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
FireWolf22
Sergeant

Chemical, I keep hearing about this stimpack thing. I know that all us fallout freaks loved them. But they do the same exact thing as something else in this game already. It's call a Medkit. They have them at every purch term near you. The matrix thing not a bad idea. Hopfully your med doesn't forget or you don't add someone to the squad after he binds everyone. The boost thing, get that at a health mod base near you. It lasts and lasts and lasts. I played Sunday with 120 health for 4 hours. I didn't die once I had it. Also SOE is attempting to get CC to take back off and if you make the mod benefits available with out the mods then CC is wasted even more.

edit: for grammer
Old 2004-02-09, 11:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
ChemicalHex
Private

The health mod is nice, but after a whole week of playing I've only seen a friendly base with a health mod maybe a couple times. Having someone with the ability to give you a boost whenever you need it would definetly be handy. The stamina revival just seemed like a good idea at the time. During a heavy battle, after getting shot up, and using DLV, Surge, and whatever else, I typically end up hiding behind a corner waiting for stamina to regen. This would definelty allow me to come back into the game when we need it. I always seems to run out of stamina right as 4 bunny-hopping surgemonkeys come barreling through the back door.

I also like Warborns rifle idea. It would make medics even more valuable then they are. Surgile tearing your team apart? Shoot them with a dart and slow him to a crawl. Or even poison him. Good stuff.
Old 2004-02-09, 11:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Healthkits are broken. You should not be able to scam +25 life while you're in the middle of repairing your armor.

Healthkits suck. Cheese central.

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

PlanetSide player, retired
Old 2004-02-09, 12:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
FireWolf22
Sergeant

Oh chemical sorry about that man. Thought you meant a stempack for health. I have heard peeps talking about them, I'm always hearing them like that. Like they want a replacement for the Medkit. I think a stamina quick fix would be great. I also hate that when I'm using my dl and surge to help my adv hack infiltrator girlfriend clear a tower, She hacks I clear it. If I don't surge with dl she can get the hack before I have completed clearing the tower.

Veteran, I never use medkits. I never was able to use them like I see peeps use them for quick life boosts while in combat. I don't know maybe I just can't hit the right button when in combat. Hate them unless I'm sitting around needing health, but i usually have my med ap for that.
Old 2004-02-09, 12:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
TheN00b
Colonel

Meh I use Medkits, but since my Comp only allows the use of 2 keyboard buttons at the same time, and my reflexes aren't lightning quick, I never use them in combat. For me, they're just a free replacement for the Med App.
Old 2004-02-09, 12:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

I use medkits too. I just think they should take a little time and effort to apply. When your hand is busy applying a BANK to your rexo, exactly which appendage is going to be opening and using the medkit on your wounds?

Unless of course it's a magical medkit.

Anyhow, I think it robs Medical of some of its scarce potential.

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

PlanetSide player, retired
Old 2004-02-09, 01:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
ChemicalHex
Private

Right now I use a Logitec Dual Optical mouse, and it includes a mouse button on the side of the mouse. I set that button as HotSlot 1, which typically is a medpack. This way I can heal myself without fumbling around. Also, the scroll wheel functions as a button when I press it in, and I have that set to HotSlot 2, which is my surge. The only time I have to fumble around is to use my DLV (ran out of mouse buttons ) or to open my inventory. I have a cordless MX700, which includes more buttons, but I took it to a LAN party recently and I'm just too lazy to set it back up.
Old 2004-02-09, 01:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
TheN00b
Colonel

Why not just hotkey? i.e. F1=Medkit, F2=DLV, etc...
Old 2004-02-09, 01:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
ChemicalHex
Private

The F-keys are too far from the rest of the keyboard to be effective. You have to extend a finger or move your hand to hit them, and thats just uncomfortable, and takes too long. That extra .7 seconds it took for you to reach that button could be the difference between life and death, and I'd rather have life. A simple twitch of my finger gives me an extra +25 health, and there's no unnecessary (sp?) movement involved.
Old 2004-02-09, 01:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Rayder
General

Misc Info

I need me one of these cape wielding super-mice.
Old 2004-02-09, 03:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

All of my configs have 3 medkits.

The F1 reach isn't that hard and when i get my new mouse, ill have all of my implants and my Medkits at my fingertips

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-02-09, 04:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by ChemicalHex
Right now I use a Logitec Dual Optical mouse, and it includes a mouse button on the side of the mouse. I set that button as HotSlot 1, which typically is a medpack. This way I can heal myself without fumbling around. Also, the scroll wheel functions as a button when I press it in, and I have that set to HotSlot 2, which is my surge. The only time I have to fumble around is to use my DLV (ran out of mouse buttons ) or to open my inventory. I have a cordless MX700, which includes more buttons, but I took it to a LAN party recently and I'm just too lazy to set it back up.
Scroll up, implant 1. Scroll down, implant 2. Press mouse wheel in, implant 3. Side mouse button medkit. At least that's what mine was before I got my new cordless optical Microsoft dealie, now when I press the mouse wheel in it minimizes the game to the task bar. Easy way to get killed.
Old 2004-02-09, 05:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Tannim
Private

It'll have a giant shield around it that reflects your sniper shot and hurts you for twice as much damage if you fail a reflex save of DC 26. If you have Improved Evasion and fail you only take half damage/your character level.
I actually have a Traveller D20 Campaign based off of Planetside....
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion