"A Striker rocket is stronger than a Decimator rocket." - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Can't Touch This
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2003-08-04, 12:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Nixon
Corporal

Originally posted by Queensidecastle
"Incorrect. 3 shots, then switch to any other weapon including a pistol for the kill because the MAX will have 0 armor left and that is ONLY if the MAX is a fresh MAX with no damage take which in my experience was almost never."
Oh, come on... now that's just being picky. If I wanted to follow suit, I'd pinch my nose and say that I am correct because it does take four Striker hits to kill a full MAX, and the Lasher will kill with one shot because there's a lot of people running around out there with only a little health left.

Let's face it... every empire has some super-cool uber weapon that others either think is bullshit or they try to steal it. I don't know how many TR and NC players I've seen picking up lashers and stashing them, or JHs before that for TR/VS, and even NC/VS picking up Strikers while TR pick up Phoenixes. Sure, the popular sterotype is that <empire>'s people are always carrying <uber weapon>... big deal.

I tried out AV again this past weekend and find myself regretting dropping sniping. I can't count how many times I've run back to refill that Striker, even if half the shots were hitting. The only saving grace was being able to grab a lancer and snipe at a MAX on the wall and a guy in the turret.

The game is very livable as-is... especially after the initial release of the revamped lasher since everyone doesn't carry one anymore. Same thing happened with the Skyguard and Liberator came out, and the same thing will happen with every new vehicle or big change to the game as everyone gives it a shot. If people can live with Lashers, JHs, and Magmowers, they can handle a Striker.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion