"Promises" - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: The red-headed stepchild
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-11-19, 03:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #46
Bags
Lieutenant General

Re: "Promises"

Customizing weapon stats.
Old 2012-11-19, 03:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #47
Furber
First Sergeant

Dedicated gunner cert! (Hoping they don't forget or decide to scrap the idea) All of my tank driving friends are pissed that they changed this, we eagerly await the allegedly separate driver/gunner buggies. This cert will make the game loads better whenever they add it, I can only hope at some point higby realizes how good it is.

Lots of these things will be post-launch obviously so it's good to see what all plans they may have for the future, and it could also refresh their memory if they notice this thread.

Also I'd like to bring up a promise from Smedley from a while ago, I don't want to go through and find the tweet from August or something, but he claimed this will be the cleanest launch they've ever had. Here's to hoping
Old 2012-11-19, 04:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #48
Boomzor
Staff Sergeant

I'm missing

Auto run / Auto drive.
Customizable favourite load outs (I know there's a drop down menue for them but there were only one and you couldn't edit it).
Old 2012-11-19, 08:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #49
ArcGuard
Corporal

I don't think a lot of people are actually understanding what the OP is talking about.

This thread is "What they've said we're getting, but have not"

It is not "What I want in PS2"

Originally Posted by ThGlump View Post
Some smaller things that wasnt mentioned yet.

Outfit certifications (nowhere to seen)
Certs are only sidegrades (many are just upgrades, especially fist one as you dont have equiped anying by default)
AV not oneshoting infantry (I miss ps1 wher eusing aV on grunts was points. too much rocket spam in ps2)
Playable on old computers (we all know how it is)
Name reservation for PS1 vets (why give something to vets, when they can pay us for it and then not get the name they used in ps1 because they were a little slower)

But i still think theyll fulfill they most of those promises in the future. They just rushed it an didnt have time or them.
They never said certs would be only side-grades. They said Weapons would be.
They never said it'd be playable on old computers. In fact, they said the cutoff was 5 years for it to be playable at all.
And they never said they were giving vets name reservations from what I can tell. Only early beta, which happened.
Old 2012-11-19, 08:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #50
Warruz
Sergeant

Home Conts for factions, while its still coming in as far as i know they wanted to push it until more conts where available so all the fights would not be around warpgates.
Old 2012-11-19, 11:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #51
ThGlump
Captain

Originally Posted by ArcGuard View Post
And they never said they were giving vets name reservations from what I can tell. Only early beta, which happened.
Ok you are right in this one. I rewatched that agn episode. Higby only said it would be good bonus for vets. Dont know why i remember it as a promise.

but another promise was:
Startup/shutdown sequence for vehicles to compensate instant enter/exit.
Old 2012-11-19, 11:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #52
PoisonTaco
First Sergeant

For me it would have to be outfit features. I know something like outfit progression that the devs have talked about in the past will take some time, but it would have been nice to get other features in before or at launch. Like the events page which they had a "coming soon!" written over it.

I'd just like more tools for keeping the outfit together and organized.
Old 2012-11-19, 11:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #53
Eyeklops
First Lieutenant

A proper sequel to Planetside 1.
Old 2012-11-19, 12:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
Hamma
PSU Admin

Are the official forums opened back up yet?

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-11-19, 12:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
J Baley
Contributor
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Are the official forums opened back up yet?
Old 2012-11-19, 12:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #56
psychobilly
Corporal

Originally Posted by elfailo View Post
Maybe it's because the map doesn't show specific enough information about combat activity? How many times have you used instant action to a red explosion, only to find out that it's just 1 infiltrator busting generators?

Maybe it's because there is no command chat, no way to update everyone else about what you're seeing in the hex you're in?

Maybe if there was a way to know what kind of a fight is going on at each contested hex, all of these failures wouldn't happen.
Wait, what? Command chat was working fine for me as of the last day in beta. Had many conversations with other squad leaders. The problem I saw was that all 3 continents were in the chat together so you'd hear chat about somewhere you didn't care about at the time. Command voice chat should be per continent. Also the written chat worked as well - but the default the leader tab gave you was /leader which didn't work (bug)... /command (or /com) was what actually worked. I would really like the ability for non-squad leaders to have read-only,listen-only access to command chat as well (with toggle switch).

There is a de facto mission system in place with the ability to set offensive and defensive markers on the map for everyone. If they would just add the ability to type a few sentences in a popup box when the marker was placed... you could have some info about the battle. When another player moused over the shield on the map, they would see a few details of the request for support. The commander also needs the ability to revoke markers which I don't think was possible in beta.

A mission system that actually rewarded commanders would have been nice though.
Old 2012-11-19, 12:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
Fear The Amish
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by psychobilly View Post
Wait, what? Command chat was working fine for me as of the last day in beta. Had many conversations with other squad leaders. The problem I saw was that all 3 continents were in the chat together so you'd hear chat about somewhere you didn't care about at the time. Command voice chat should be per continent. Also the written chat worked as well - but the default the leader tab gave you was /leader which didn't work (bug)... /command (or /com) was what actually worked. I would really like the ability for non-squad leaders to have read-only,listen-only access to command chat as well (with toggle switch).

There is a de facto mission system in place with the ability to set offensive and defensive markers on the map for everyone. If they would just add the ability to type a few sentences in a popup box when the marker was placed... you could have some info about the battle. When another player moused over the shield on the map, they would see a few details of the request for support. The commander also needs the ability to revoke markers which I don't think was possible in beta.

A mission system that actually rewarded commanders would have been nice though.
Nah needs to be all continent's because how are you going to get help on amerish if you can't speak to people in Indar/Esamir.
Old 2012-11-19, 01:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #58
Rolfski
Major

• Mission system, it could well work but requires a far more useful map which brings me to my next point:
  • Heat mapping, it was promised at some point and we need it badly. Different overlays would be nice but at least give me one that indicates number of kills in the last 5 minutes.
  • Certification for gunner seat
  • Certification for Galaxy ams
Speaking of Galaxies. Picking up newbies and dropping them into the front lines can work very well. Our outfit has been using it to great effect, resulting in many happy new players and outfit applications.

Originally Posted by WNxThentar View Post
  • PS1 vets getting some recognition at release.
I think they should extend this to all people who where in beta. Most of us do not even realize the amount of effort some people have put into this. Also don't forget that beta testers will have to swallow tons of crap the coming weeks, coming from new players complaining that they have done a lousy job.
Old 2012-11-19, 03:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #59
Hamma
PSU Admin

If anything Beta participants should get some recognition. This is a new game, I don't think PS1 vets need anything special. We have already had quite a bit of control over how the game turned out that's reward enough for me.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion