"marketing gone wrong", Tobuscus got sacked - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Warning! Do not point it directly at your eyes
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2013-01-18, 04:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
Chewy
Major

Re: "marketing gone wrong", Tobuscus got sacked

Originally Posted by RykerStruvian View Post
Guys, this thing is going down next week and then it will probably never happen again. And even it will only be for three hours. Thinking way too hard about it lol. I'm just excited about the prospect of some really huge battles.
How can there be a huge fight when all 3 leaders don't have an outfit on Connery? With the event being 3 hours long the chances of a big fight are even lower if one isn't rigged up for the stream.

Even if the leaders pull as many of their outfit members they can out of their home servers for the event. They wouldn't have the time to get all the upgrades, certs, weapons, gear, and tools they've been used to within a week without paying for SC (again, for some) or SOE giving out SC to who show up in person. Even then the amount of time to get the certs needed for mines, C4, better tools, and what not is pushing it for the best of people.

The events server should have been said last month. Just to give time to not only build half-assed outfits, but to give the time needed for building a troop or vehicle to the specs we've been mastering since launch. Only then would it have been a real fight and not some petty feud.
Old 2013-01-18, 06:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
Hamma
PSU Admin

Originally Posted by Ruffdog View Post
Never say SOE don't listen!

I think he should get rid of the lot, Bic-style. Think Kane from C&C

Aww yea Kane ftw!

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2013-01-18, 06:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
Mox
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Imagine the event server crashing due to heavy traffic.
What a nice marketing event will be that? haha!
Old 2013-01-18, 07:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
Ironside
Corporal

full server i imagine for this event, then throw in the dynamic rendering of infantry in heavy populated areas, they wont see each other until 10 metres away
Old 2013-01-18, 07:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
SgtMAD
Captain

actually I think it will be hilarious, the damage SOE will do to word of mouth with this game will really screw them but good,they truly are friggin clueless.

this last hotfix made the game unplayable for me again and I know I am not the only one having major issues after the patch,it will make for an interesting streaming slide show

now that's real promotion.
Old 2013-01-18, 08:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
raw
Sergeant

Originally Posted by RykerStruvian View Post
Guys, this thing is going down next week and then it will probably never happen again. And even it will only be for three hours.
With all the booing and baawing going around on the internet, you can be sure of that.
Personally, I don't see the issue. Those leaders aren't actual leaders, they're just a public face representing one of the three factions.

Also, you have to realize that PS2 just like PS1 has and will have a hard time attracting ~real~ competitive players, because at the end of the day Planetside is not a competitive game. You people screaming that the leaders aren't the "top" players make it sound like it actually matters.

Last edited by raw; 2013-01-18 at 08:53 PM.
Old 2013-01-19, 09:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #52
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

Sean has played the game for what? maybe 5 hours total?

Automatically representative of the NC. Sure.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Retired NC CR5, Cerberus Company.
Not currently playing PS2. Anyone with a similar name is not me. My only characters are listed in my stats profile here on PSU.
Old 2013-01-19, 10:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #53
Beerbeer
Major

We NC hereby elect Rang, so long has he yells snide remarks in global chat.

Whatever happened to Wildy and Sinn Fein? Those dudes still around? Wildy was my arch nemesis. Could never kill that guy, but god damn I tried. We elect him.

Didn't Sony make them change their clan name?
Old 2013-01-19, 01:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
Rivenshield
Contributor
Major

I don't know a doggone thing about any of the three 'leaders' except TB. But I feel embarrassed for Tobiscus and annoyed at SOE.

Their entire ad campaign so far has been a wince-inducing parody of what 30-year olds think 15-year olds like. SIZE! ALWAYS! MATTERS11!!! (/pelvic thrust). WTF ARE YOU WAITING FOR???!!11??1!? (/we're hip, we speak in Net-ese!) This is just more of the same.
Old 2013-01-19, 07:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

I'm not really affiliated with any of the leaders (because EU), but this guy DOES seem to have a serious approach and is rather cunning. Long-Range Teleporter thing?.. Nice move.

Also I may not be seeing the whole/true picture, but from my standpoint, LevelCap is the only one that made a form of apology to Tobuscus, particullary in the video, roleplayingly "praising him for his courage".

When I was watching the latest FNO, I really disliked how Jimmy and Maggy just started blatantly laud LevelCap without any mention about Tobuscus. Of course SOE is Sony Online Entertainment, but that doesn't mean professional ethics can be forgotten about.

That's from a point of view of a person unrelated and uninterested.

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2013-01-20, 09:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #56
Hamma
PSU Admin

On Command Center they thanked Tobuscus a bit.

LevelCap and TotalBiscuit are perfect for the roles. I just wish they had spent more time picking the YouTubers rather than just looking at subscriber numbers.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2013-01-20, 12:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
LONGFELLA KOJ
Corporal

They should have used Psy.

OPA VANU STYLE!
Old 2013-01-20, 01:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #58
Palerion
Sergeant Major

Honestly I hadn't really heard too much about TotalBiscuit before he became the leader of my faction, but I do think he's a good leader. He has plenty of Planetside 2 videos, lots of tutorials and overviews. That's why I personally agree with booting Tobuscus and adding Levelcap: Levelcap has tons of weapon and class reviews and such, strategy guides, etc. on youtube. I watched a Tobuscus planetside 2 video and all he did was charge with a sniper.

Not to say I don't like tobuscus, but honestly, when I watch a tobuscus video, I'm looking for something funny. He's not the kind of person who would take the game somewhat seriously.
Old 2013-01-20, 08:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #59
SgtMAD
Captain

SOE can think whatever they want about who is going to be commanding,EvilPig will be running the show,he has the most ppl to lead around and if he doesn't want the 666 to do something this other guy wants then it wont happen.

the 666 teamspeak is going to be the real nerve center of the NC fight,there are just too many of us old NC guys that actually know how to run an event from Markov playing on Connery to let some stranger get us all wiped out due to a lack of any sort of ability to lead ppl in a game that he doesn't really play.

the 3 hour timeframe is way too short too,just as you get your rhythm(?) the event will be over.
Old 2013-01-20, 10:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #60
Beerbeer
Major

Evilpig is a brown nosing zerg herder.

Better, less vehicle friendly bases will do him in.

Last edited by Beerbeer; 2013-01-20 at 10:18 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion