This game Need FreePlayers in order to suceed stop to trying to limite them to much ! - Page 6 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: because we can.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-29, 07:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #76
Sephirex
Major

Re: This game Need FreePlayers in order to suceed stop to trying to limite them to mu

I swear each post is getting more illegible....
Old 2012-06-29, 07:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #77
FPClark
Staff Sergeant

Re: This game Need FreePlayers in order to suceed stop to trying to limite them to mu

http://www.planetside-universe.com/p...ignore&u=16548

Its an easy fix people
Old 2012-06-29, 07:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #78
MrTinkles
Private

Originally Posted by Sephirex View Post
I swear each post is getting more illegible....
Roflmao

...but very true too....
Old 2012-06-29, 07:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #79
Landtank
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by TheDAWinz View Post
Stew, just reading your posts make my eyes hurt, your lack of intelligence makes my brain hurt, and your annoyance makes the NC look bad. Get off these forums, you know little of what you talk about. Seriously, please, STFU.
If your incapable of not making a personal attack then get off the forums. If you can't understand that English isn't his first language and that some of his ideas are hard to understand but really well meant and actually fairly well thought through, then you are making English speakers look bad.

I think paying for the game wouldn't be an absolutely terrible thing, but I am against paying for outfits or a subscription. Micro transactions work, case and point: League of Legends, or World of Tanks. Making players pay to access certain parts of the game is actually a terrible business idea.

If you look at World of Tanks, it could take you years to access all of the content, but with a premium account, which is essentially a booster pack for a set amount of time, that time is cut down significantly. Everyone has access to all of the content, but those who want to pay can access it sooner. It's not pay to win, its business. And this is essentially what the Devs have said over and over and over again.

As for Stew, he has a strong opinion and can be forceful with it. Not always a good thing, but not always a bad thing either.
Old 2012-06-29, 07:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #80
Maniox
Corporal

Stew is make much sense.
His posts are a stew of words that has been crushed and grinded, its like putting together a puzzle.
Old 2012-06-29, 08:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #81
Flaropri
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Landtank View Post
If you look at World of Tanks, it could take you years to access all of the content, but with a premium account, which is essentially a booster pack for a set amount of time, that time is cut down significantly.
That said, Gold Ammo is pretty stupid... on multiple levels.

"So your bullets are made of gold?"
"Yes."
"And that makes them hit harder?"
"Er... Yes."
"HOW!?"
Old 2012-06-29, 09:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #82
Gelgoog
Private

If mechwarrior online can make over $1 million dollars months before open beta, then I am pretty sure planetside will be plenty successful. I imagine all the PC BF3/COD players will flock to this game in droves.
Old 2012-06-29, 09:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #83
Dougnifico
First Lieutenant

So hold on... are people mad at this guy because he is NOT an elitist? I don't get it...
Old 2012-06-29, 09:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #84
SKYeXile
Major General

You guys will be free to pay as much as you want in PS2!

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
Old 2012-06-29, 09:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #85
Landtank
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Flaropri View Post
That said, Gold Ammo is pretty stupid... on multiple levels.

"So your bullets are made of gold?"
"Yes."
"And that makes them hit harder?"
"Er... Yes."
"HOW!?"
True enough, I never use them, and people who do are pretty dumb :P

The bullets are supposedly Armor Piercing Composite, which is SpEcIaL
Old 2012-06-29, 09:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #86
Dagron
Captain

Originally Posted by Stew View Post
My mind is set on whats will make this game sucessfull
I know in this phrase you didn't exactly mean that you are all knowing, but in the rest of your post you did.

You know what's best for the game? Sounds like you think too highly of yourself and too little of other people.

This is my main problem with you, your attitude. People say you have the right to forcefully defend your ideas, but what you're doing is spitting on others' opinions and saying your's is godlike. Respect is a two way street (and yes that also means i don't defend anyone who trolled you for your bad english).

You clearly don't have a shred of humility and refuse to listen to anyone. I'm done.

Last edited by Dagron; 2012-06-29 at 10:10 PM.
Old 2012-06-30, 12:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #87
GhettoPrince
Staff Sergeant

It's just a question of how much time you are willing to put into it. Someone with boosters will be able to cert out most of the classes and vehicles, someone who plays free will have to pick one and stick with it

If it's like most f2p than you will be able to get halfway up the tree easy, but after that it will be like slamming your head into a brick wall. In world of tanks, most people could get to tier 5 pretty quickly, but anything past that was just a stupid grind, like for example we had a guy in our clan who got tier 8 artillery without ever buying boosters, (3000+ games), but im pretty sure he was literally crazy IRL.

A video game is already a waste of time, if your playing it 3+ hours a day than there's something fucking wrong with you, just buy the booster.
Old 2012-06-30, 01:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #88
Stew
Major

Originally Posted by Dagron View Post
I know in this phrase you didn't exactly mean that you are all knowing, but in the rest of your post you did.

You know what's best for the game? Sounds like you think too highly of yourself and too little of other people.

This is my main problem with you, your attitude. People say you have the right to forcefully defend your ideas, but what you're doing is spitting on others' opinions and saying your's is godlike. Respect is a two way street (and yes that also means i don't defend anyone who trolled you for your bad english).

You clearly don't have a shred of humility and refuse to listen to anyone. I'm done.
I can say yes , i think to know whats is good for a game annd its players based and whats not ! and this have nothing to do with arrogance or anything its all about many experience !

This have nothing to do with be godlike or not i explain the best i can why i think this way and many people seams to understand even some who have better english explain it even more and they seams to think exactly the same as me because they have got the essence of whats can improove and whats can destroy a game based to their experience !

Its not a competition beetween people here , its not about a lesson of humility and personal attitudes its all about WHATS BEST for the game !

And in a game like this anything thats will hurt the player based to much IS A BAD THING ! I dont based my tough on my personal taste i based it on the overall reaction the people tend to have i mean the major part of the audience ! And i based my tought on many previous experience !

i can say thats 8 people out of ten or pretty close to that will turn away from the game if they feel forced to pay for core features its factual !

Also you cant based your statistic based on poll in here because most people who come here are hard core Ps1 fans for the most part and are not representive of the people out their these people are willing to pay anything to play planetside unlike the vast majority of the futur players based

i can say 5 people out of ten at least will buys at least few cosmetiks stuff and all thats is based on my personal experience i know over 1000 people on xbox live and psn and out of them at least 50 to 70 % have buy for 10 $+ avatar xbl clothes or playstation home clothes in a few months i said at least

So thats mean if those people stick to planetside 2 they will probably buy at least 10 to 30 $ of cosmetiks stuff only if their is millions of those people who play the game its a great pool of players to swim in ! and the chance to sell even more grow with time !

If the people are to restricted and turn away from the game to fast the pool of player to swim at will be really smaller people can easyly turn away from the game since they dont have to (( pay off )) their initial investment since their is NONE !

But many people understand me and understand that concept , friendly reminder its not a competition and i dont know whats you want me to say to feel confortable ? If i think your wrong, i will not agree just for the sake of having a different attitude, i will told you and i try to explain why, and so on and my level of english do not allow me to be (( subtile )) to much ,so thats pretty much it iam straigt foward and i try to say what i think !

Last edited by Stew; 2012-06-30 at 01:18 AM.
Old 2012-06-30, 01:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #89
Flaropri
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by IDukeNukeml View Post
Others have probably stated this, but dude it's been quoted and said MANY times. "Anything you can buy can be earned in-game through gaining xp"
Well except for cosmetics. But there has been a push by some to limit certain features such as Outfit creation/joining or have a purchase cost. Personally I'm not too concerned about such pushes having any sort of real success, but those threads are, at least in large part, what this thread was originally responding to.
Old 2012-06-30, 02:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #90
Stew
Major

Originally Posted by IDukeNukeml View Post
Others have probably stated this, but dude it's been quoted and said MANY times. "Anything you can buy can be earned in-game through gaining xp".

Chillax. Let us beta test everything hardcore with open beta and the functions it provides.. If it's a stupid level of progression then I'm sure they will change it. Frett not.
Look at the kind of tread thats some people Bumb all the time the tread like making outfits required a Fee to be able to start one or some others about having huge advantage over others with subscription VIP gold or whatever the names is !

I really have concern about How a comunity try to ruins an amasing game !

Planetside isnt popular as WOW or as Diablo or As COD ask anyones around are you going to play planetside 2 ? They will answer planetside whats ?

So the freeplayers based is more than needed and the free to play model have to be really fair and do not have to feel it force players to spend money to have acess to the major and core features such as free outfit creation , acess to weapons and atachements , access to skills tree certification etc..

All those have to be fair and free in order to suceed !

If the player based is strong the game will be rock solid in term of $$$ flow into it people who think thats cosmetics and booster and side grades is not enough to substentially substain the games are dead wrong !

and the bigger is the players based more chance you have to see at least few of them finally pay off buying few cosmetics stuff down the road if you turn them away rigth at the start by forcing them to pay for core acess before they get atached to the games youll never see them back anytimes soon and youll never get a penny from those guys SOE will finacially loose some potential buyers but also the community will loose a major part of its player based !
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion