Mission Impossible Pilots? - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I'd buy that for a dollar!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: Is this a concern for you as well?
Yes 66 43.71%
No, I'm a Winder Licker 48 31.79%
No, I'm a Mouth Breather 37 24.50%
Voters: 151. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-07-02, 02:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #61
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Re: Mission Impossible Pilots?

I'm just trying to imagine Tom Cruise ejecting from his F-14 and still managing to remember his lines and then pull out his Stinger and shoot down the MiG.

Oh right, and then getting back in and closing the canopy that didn't get ripped of.

Last edited by Baneblade; 2012-07-02 at 02:31 PM.
Old 2012-07-02, 02:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #62
Zalmoxis
Sergeant

Steven Seagal would just stare at the enemy aircraft until it destroyed itself. He wouldn't need lines.
Old 2012-07-02, 02:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #63
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Chuck Norris will be shooting down Reavers and Scythes from WoW.

Old 2012-07-02, 02:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #64
shadowsfm
Private

with his own spit
Old 2012-07-02, 02:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #65
BigBossMonkey
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Otleaz View Post
That is skill, yes; but what about the other player? He is trying to shoot a jet down and all the sudden a guy teleports out of the jet and immediately kills him. What could he have done to avoid that?

You would be hard pressed to find a similar situation in any other aspect of the game.
Well since you can't kill pilots in aircraft, it would have to be a Rexo flying it with a rocket launcher, the guy in the other aircraft would have to be then be low enough to have a single (or two) rockets kill him.

Plus if you see someone bail out like that and they're above you, you could always just afterburn into them and splat them on your windshield.
Old 2012-07-02, 02:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #66
Bravix
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by elfailo View Post
Imagine chasing someone and he pulls up, only to do that trick. You're both at 25% health and he pulls out a rocket launcher. What do you do? Let him kill you and then whine on the forums, or figure out a way to turn the tables? Difference in mentality here. How about bailing yourself and pulling out your rifle, killing him in mid-air as you both fall down. Afterwards you'd exchange tells about how awesome that was, both laughing. That kind of stuff is way more appealing to me than nerfing it tbh.
No, I wouldn't be sending tells laughing. I just lost the aircraft that I enjoy flying because some tool lost the dogfight and bailed and tried killing me with his rocket launcher mid-air.

And no I can't pull another aircraft, I'm all out of resources.

I just think it's absurd. Not the end of the world, but if people continually bail out and try killing me, I won't be playing aircraft in PS2. Just like I stopped flying aircraft (as much) in PS1.
Old 2012-07-02, 03:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #67
ThGlump
Captain

This is one of the reason i want enter/exit animations back. Not for feel or immersion, but for mechanic that it enforce - one of it is that vehicle must be stationary to enter (quite needed for animations).
But it would be fine just with those restrictions. Same on the ground. Its silly to enter vehicle when its running around you at max speed.
Old 2012-07-02, 04:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #68
GreatMazinkaise
Captain

Stuff like this is fine to copy from Battlefield... Rule of Cool > all other considerations.

No, I shall stand! Sitting is for the weak and feeble.
Old 2012-07-02, 04:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #69
Azren
Sergeant Major

Did this in PS1. Had a bunch of guys in a phantasm, following a damaged GG. We all bailed and started shooting him down mid air. I am sure they were happy to get killed this way.

As long as you can not enter a moving vehicle, this should be fine.
Old 2012-07-02, 09:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #70
kertvon
Sergeant

I don't see why people think that these stunts will barely be attempted if they are possible. Lack of skill aside, there will be the ability to spawn vehicles on demand notwithstanding the necessity for the resources to do so. Silly stuff like this is a waste of resources for people attempting it that can't, and even if they have a relative idea of where to aim, it is still a large amount of luck involved in pulling it off. I am not trying to be a kill joy or anything, but I would be much more impressed if I was chasing another pilot who managed to get the upper hand in the dogfight and take me down than I would some guy exploiting lack of vehicle initialization and unrealistic mechanics. If you can't out maneuver another pilot, you should have to face the facts and eject or go down in flames.
Old 2012-07-02, 09:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #71
SKYeXile
Major General

Originally Posted by elfailo View Post
Please nerf this game more, I don't want anything that's fun to happen. It needs to be a military simulator so geriatrics can keep up too.
Needs more cockpit view, I'm not immersed enough.

on the thread though i would have thought the Window licker and mouth breather options would have been next to the yes vote.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL

Last edited by SKYeXile; 2012-07-02 at 09:36 PM.
Old 2012-07-02, 10:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #72
Kran De Loy
Captain

Mouth Breather is someone that keeps their mouth open all the time. Typically thought of as moronic, stupid or retarded.

I have no idea what a Winder licker is tho. Maybes something to do with buttholes. Idk.
Old 2012-07-02, 10:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #73
noxious
Second Lieutenant

I love that even with the OP's attempt to frame the question to get the response he wanted, the response he didn't want is winning.

I hope stuff like this is possible. It's extremely improbable, but when it happens, it's the sort of thing that people talk about for years.
Old 2012-07-02, 10:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #74
Airanuva
Private

Honestly, leave it in. If he is lucky/skilled enough to pull it off, he deserves the kill. If he isn't, then you get an easier kill.
Now any attempts to avoid giving credit should be squashed, I won't argue with that. But this isn't avoiding credit, this is using a very unusual and quite awesome tactic to beat you.

If this sort of thing ends up happening a lot, you'll just have to look for the signs he's going to attempt it, and counter. Not that hard to counter either, a couple rounds from any of the ship's weapons would kill him.
Old 2012-07-02, 10:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #75
Electrofreak
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Kran De Loy View Post
Mouth Breather is someone that keeps their mouth open all the time. Typically thought of as moronic, stupid or retarded.

I have no idea what a Winder licker is tho. Maybes something to do with buttholes. Idk.
Window Licker. Another term to indicate someone is mentally disabled.

Support the use of a dynamic XP system in PlanetSide 2!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion