Push to get it on steam now not at the end of the year! - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Indeed.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2013-12-11, 07:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Gunuko
Corporal

Re: Push to get it on steam now not at the end of the year!

Like I said guys, email and tweet to SOE developers to put PS1 on Steam for free.

[email protected]
Old 2013-12-12, 01:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Gunuko
Corporal

Got a reply on the Planetside 1 forums, here it is.

As far as Steam goes, not sure if we'll be going to Steam with the original PlanetSide.

As far as Steam goes, not sure if we'll be going to Steam with the original PlanetSide.

For those of you having issues logging in, what error are you getting?

https://forums.station.sony.com/soe/...st-11500337359

Everyone, head to this thread, send her replies, and message her demanding Planetside 1 be put on Steam!

Edit: Recently I asked her, and she said she will send them my request to put the game on Steam for free.

Last edited by Gunuko; 2013-12-19 at 08:37 AM.
Old 2013-12-19, 06:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
Zeta
Private

I don't know what the future holds for PS1 but I'll say this. I've supported and stuck with PS2 for a full year now, though never purchasing a sub, however I would gladly pay full-price for some kind of offline version of PS1 (ala minecraft classic etc...) and happily see my money go towards the further development of PS2.

I realize I may never get to play PS1 the way we all used to back in the day, but like many other of my favorite dead games (Team Fortress, Tribes...) I've always loved the ability to just run around the empty maps and relive the great times that were had by many.

There wouldn't even need to be bots or anything. A few months ago Brewko spawned all the bases with NPCs from the VR training room and they acted like killable targets. That's all I'd need

Last edited by Zeta; 2013-12-19 at 08:28 AM.
Old 2013-12-19, 08:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
Gunuko
Corporal

Storm the developer said she is going to leave a message to someone about PS1 being put on Steam. We need everyone here to be sending emails and tweets to developers don't stand around waiting for it to happen, send them an email/tweet they won't care if you do, they even respond to my stuff, and they have not complained yet.
Old 2013-12-30, 10:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Brigadier General

Misc Info

I doubt they are going to put forth the effort required to put PS1 on Steam when they won't even invest the time to fix a login error most (all?) of us have been having for a while now.
Old 2013-12-31, 03:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
Gunuko
Corporal

Originally Posted by 321 View Post
I doubt they are going to put forth the effort required to put PS1 on Steam when they won't even invest the time to fix a login error most (all?) of us have been having for a while now.
There are a lot of games on there that have both their main and sequels on Steam. Some games from the 1990's do well on there and get thousands that play them every week.

Keep sending Tweets/Emails to SOE developers, they can always put Planetside 1 on Steam at any time, they will if you keep asking and persuading
Old 2013-12-31, 09:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
Gunuko
Corporal

Guys email John Smedley, it should not hurt one bit to put it on Steam, getting it up on there alone, will get 10's of thousands of Steam users on it. As well as be awesome, and I mean awesome advertisement, as well as making it easier to link someone to download the game.

Team Fortress 2 gets 10 Million players each week. Half Life is still up there from 1998, Planetside 1 should be on there to.
Old 2014-01-02, 01:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
bodypopper
Corporal

i totally agree with you gunuko,this should be on steam.

problem is the original is better than the sequel,theres been tons of posts from new PS2 players whove seen youtube videos of planetside,and just how good it was,they really want to play it!

now put that into a corporate view;planned obsolescence so you can sell more crap (plus beta test it for consoles;as things seem to be going) not to mention the login/mozzie bugs etc that mysteriously appeared when the 6 month free trial for vets came on.

the Ps2 devs are like a bunch of teenagers who dont seem to understand even basic problems in PS2;they can hype it all they like,but the playerbase will never have the purchasing loyalty of planetside,plus all the lies vets were told about it was going to be planetside next etc;con merchant tactics,nothing more.

and thats one of the reasons why sony america are screwed.

i would love nothing more than mr smedley to prove us wrong,go on release it on steam..charge a sub,make it part of PS2,whatever... but remember the golden rule:

never screw over a customer,as they wont come back..even with my small business i know that! (plus im an alright chap as the outcasters will attest )
Old 2014-01-03, 11:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
PastalavistaBB
Private

There's a good reason SOE doesn't make Planetside 1 available to more people: People will eventually catch up to the fact of how crappy the gameplay in Planetside 2 is compared to Planetside 1.

Edit: Didn't read the post above before posting mine. He's probably saying the same thing as me.

Last edited by PastalavistaBB; 2014-01-03 at 11:06 AM.
Old 2014-01-08, 06:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by PastalavistaBB View Post
There's a good reason SOE doesn't make Planetside 1 available to more people: People will eventually catch up to the fact of how crappy the gameplay in Planetside 2 is compared to Planetside 1.

Edit: Didn't read the post above before posting mine. He's probably saying the same thing as me.
It's more like nobody in their right mind would play a FPS game in 2014 that was bad even by 2003 standards.
Old 2014-01-08, 08:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
Gunuko
Corporal

Originally Posted by Warborn View Post
It's more like nobody in their right mind would play a FPS game in 2014 that was bad even by 2003 standards.
There are games on there from the 90's that still get thousands of people playing.
Old 2014-01-13, 05:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
bodypopper
Corporal

warborn.. the best tranny avatar.. bar none.

as should be GAME PLAY...

serious sam seems to be doing quite well on steam....

Last edited by bodypopper; 2014-01-13 at 05:11 PM.
Old 2014-01-13, 07:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
Effective
First Lieutenant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Warborn View Post
Actually it was pretty good in 2003 considering the size and scope.

My Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/effectivex
Old 2014-01-14, 01:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
Logit
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Effective View Post
Actually it was pretty good in 2003 considering the size and scope.
This, a lot of the problem with the original is that it was ahead of it's time.
Old 2014-01-20, 06:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
Gunuko
Corporal

Everyone, reply to this tweet! Make a quick account, then click on reply to tweet, respond, it only take a minute or two to do.

We have to push Smedley and the other devs to put it on Steam! Ask now guys!

Last edited by Gunuko; 2014-01-20 at 06:06 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion