Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge

Old 2004-02-15, 09:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
a pink punk
Corporal

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
wow getting an enitre forum to help you write a paper.. g/l with that one./

look, i *was just* wondering what people think the pros and cons of video games are. if i just wrote down the ones i thought up, it would be a very onesided paper

Last edited by a pink punk; 2004-02-16 at 08:17 PM.
Old 2004-02-15, 09:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Dharkbayne
Lieutenant General

Pros : Faster reflexes, attention to detail, ect.

Cons : They cost an assload ($50 a piece) suck up ALOT of time, and stuff and things and doodads and whatnot

+200 Cool Pts
Old 2004-02-15, 09:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

con your mom thinks you whont go anywere in life becasue you would rather play Video game thant watch TV,

Sceriously(sp), my mom never bugged out when i watched TV, before i got my computer, i never play games at a time I wouldn't have been watching TV, i mean i get my work done(i NEVER play video games unless i know i can get my work done), i get good grades, i'm active in a couple activities.

But she is alway in a constant state of madness at me, becasue my sister is stupid and she takes it out on me.

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-02-15, 10:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Spee
Colonel

Con - Disintegrates your imagination

My imagination begs to differ. Hardcore.

Pro's - Community. Look at this. Surprised no one has mentioned community yet. The rest of the pros have been listed.

Cons - Desensitizes. After a rousing 90-frag round of UT2K4, 6 o clock news seems tame. Rest have been listed.
Old 2004-02-15, 10:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
MrVicchio
Contributor
Major General

Pros: At home hobby

Cons: If you have a gf/wife that isn't into it, they think they are being ignored.

Pros: FUN!

Cons: Addictive like hell

Pros: anyone can play

Cons: Your ass gets bigger siting at a computer.
Old 2004-02-15, 10:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
Everay
Major General

Originally Posted by Rbstr

But she is alway in a constant state of madness at me, becasue my sister is stupid and she takes it out on me.
Ditto. but its my brother. infact, i dont do my homework till the morning its due, i get good grades, all A+
Old 2004-02-15, 10:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
Squick
Major

Coming from perhaps a different perspective... I have pretty much quit computer gaming completely, and magically the past six months have been some of the best months of my entire life...

I have done more training in the past six months then my entire division has in the past two years. I got a pretty major raise and am now in contention for a major promotion. I have had a more active in my social life then ever before. I have never been in better physical shape then I am now.

The reason is I very much used computer games as a stress reliever, but I also was conditioned to almost depend on games for that stress relief. However I also was the type to get so into a game that I would learn every aspect of the game and become absolutely perfect at it. Well by taking that motivation and ability to learn every aspect of something and redirecting it at something else, I am able to get a vast amount done in the "real world."

I almost think of it like the game "The Sims." I could work on my Sim's social life, clean a simulation house, plant a tree in the simulation world. Or I could work on my social life, clean my house, and plant a real tree. Tough choice...
Old 2004-02-16, 01:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
OneManArmy
Contributor
Lieutenant General

or I could shoot the virtual you in the head with a lightning bolt... yea I liek that choice better.
Old 2004-02-16, 01:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
Indecisive
Major General

webeinfodalock.

Video games are fun. Video games cause my grades to suck. Video game make me tired. im going to bed now.
Old 2004-02-16, 02:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #40
Contributor
Banned for no reason

Misc Info

con
lack of sleep

pro
fun

PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge