Xen of Onslaught is back! [NA] - Page 6 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: R.I.P Hot Girls Thread
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > Community > Outfit Recruitment > Vanu Sovereignty

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-13, 08:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #76
DarkChiron
First Sergeant

Re: Xen of Onslaught is back!

Originally Posted by Deadend View Post
We are in fact recruiting random people from the interwebs go here http://www.xoohq.com/forums/misc.php?do=form&fid=38 and fill out the application if your interested.
Consider me applied! Well... once I got time to sit down with it. That application is as long as some essay tests I took in college. I'm going to assume that's a good sign.
Old 2012-06-13, 10:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #77
Gunnarr
Private

Which is kind of sad. I'd like to see someone crawling out of one of my minefields mortally wounded and mangled.
Old 2012-06-13, 11:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #78
Proxi
Private

Originally Posted by DarkChiron View Post
Consider me applied! Well... once I got time to sit down with it. That application is as long as some essay tests I took in college. I'm going to assume that's a good sign.
Cool dude. Maybe we will be teaming up soon!
Old 2012-06-14, 03:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #79
Kythas
Private

Hey Dark! I believe I was the one on Purrfectstorm's Twitch tv that pointed you to Xen. I was using the handle Xoo_vanu. Glad to see you put in an application. Sorry about the lengthy application process, it's worth the effort though!
Old 2012-06-14, 12:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #80
DarkChiron
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Kythas View Post
Hey Dark! I believe I was the one on Purrfectstorm's Twitch tv that pointed you to Xen. I was using the handle Xoo_vanu. Glad to see you put in an application. Sorry about the lengthy application process, it's worth the effort though!
I believe that was the case. Hello, again!

One of your people sent me a message to show up for a TeamSpeak interview. Should I be nervous?
Old 2012-06-14, 01:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #81
Kythas
Private

One of your people sent me a message to show up for a TeamSpeak interview. Should I be nervous?
Very...

Hehe, not really though. It's just a final check to make sure you fit our culture. Be yourself IMO. If you have to fake how you act to get into an Outfit, your probably not going to enjoy being in that Outfit.

Good Luck!
Old 2012-06-14, 03:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #82
PhoenixDog
First Sergeant

Thats a sign that you're pretty much accepted, haha. Teamspeak interviews are new to me...but don't forget to apply for the PS2 usergroup on the forums too. Hope to see you soon!!
Old 2012-06-15, 12:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #83
Soyokaze
Corporal

During open games, we don't tend to recruit purely off of the internet. We prefer to let people know about us, and then have them come in-game and play with us for a bit. It's both a better way to get to know someone, and a better way to introduce them to a new group. There's no "now you're in," with the ball left in your court to actually integrate yourself into the list of people on your GUI. If we invite you in, we're going to do so personally and with open arms, and then go out and play the friggen game together.

As that's currently unavailable, Teamspeak interviews are the way to go.

We demand a good bit of information about a given player's personal play-style during the interview process because we recruit individuals, not numbers. It's only fair, then, that the actual integration process is also made as personal as possible.
Old 2012-06-15, 10:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #84
Dullard
Corporal

Talking Re: Xen of Onslaught is back!

The more of them I do, the more I appreciate the Teamspeak interview process over just a forum application. Personality doesn't come through very clear over a forum post, but a nice long, grueling two hour Teamspeak interrogation will... wait, oh. I'm being told we're not going to be doing that any more. Damn! Do I still get to keep the spotlight?!

Using voice communication effectively in Planetside2 will be a huge part of what allows us as an Outfit to dominate. Some people get nervous about talking to strangers on voice-coms for the first time, or they feel like "I'm new here, I shouldn't talk much", so breaking down that barrier early on is a great step towards integrating them into our community as easily as possible.

Oh, It also shows us that a member does in fact have a working microphone and the Teamspeak program installed.

Last edited by Dullard; 2012-06-15 at 10:46 AM.
Old 2012-06-15, 03:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #85
Xiline
Private

Originally Posted by Dullard View Post
The more of them I do, the more I appreciate the Teamspeak interview process over just a forum application. Personality doesn't come through very clear over a forum post, but a nice long, grueling two hour Teamspeak interrogation will... wait, oh. I'm being told we're not going to be doing that any more. Damn! Do I still get to keep the spotlight?!

Using voice communication effectively in Planetside2 will be a huge part of what allows us as an Outfit to dominate. Some people get nervous about talking to strangers on voice-coms for the first time, or they feel like "I'm new here, I shouldn't talk much", so breaking down that barrier early on is a great step towards integrating them into our community as easily as possible.

Oh, It also shows us that a member does in fact have a working microphone and the Teamspeak program installed.
ROFL
Old 2012-06-15, 05:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #86
Qman
Private

Man I have a nasty Planetside itch. Okay so it is more of a rash than an itch. While we have been very successful in many games over the past 9 years but I can't wait to see Xen of Onslaught get back to its roots.

Last edited by Qman; 2012-06-15 at 05:40 PM.
Old 2012-06-16, 12:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #87
PhoenixDog
First Sergeant

Personally, my problem is that the devs have been silent after e3. I need some new news! I feel with withdraw kicking in. Rewatching the total biscuit streams so many times
Old 2012-06-16, 12:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #88
sQuiRL
Private

You should be very nervous. JK, After your interview you should jump on TS and jump in one of our other games. I'm sure we have one or two you might like

A few of us are even playing good-ole Planetside
Old 2012-06-16, 01:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #89
FortySe7en
First Sergeant

Played with these guys in Aion and SWTOR. Played with some of their members in PS1. Gotta say these guys are a baller outfit, and its great to see them back
Old 2012-06-16, 01:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #90
PhoenixDog
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by SaracenEve View Post
Played with these guys in Aion and SWTOR. Played with some of their members in PS1. Gotta say these guys are a baller outfit, and its great to see them back
Thanks a lot! =D
  PlanetSide Universe > Community > Outfit Recruitment > Vanu Sovereignty