News: New Patch Notes - Test Server 13-06-13 - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Look ma, I'm addicted to PlanetSide!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Reply
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 2013-06-14, 02:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #61
Assist
Contributor
Major
 
Re: New Patch Notes - Test Server 13-06-13


Those ZoE changes are a joke right?

Just change ZoE so it says "8 seconds of blinking light" and remove all the pros/cons of it. That'll be better than the shit you're coming up with SoE.

Please hire someone that knows how to balance, that type of change should never have made it to the patch notes for the test.
__________________
Assist is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 03:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #62
Dragonskin
Major
 
Re: New Patch Notes - Test Sever 13-06-13


Guess I will just condense my thoughts on this revive change in 1 post.

It was a worthless stat to begin with because it doesn't encourage good game play habits in a game that revolves around team work and taking objectives.

Unless they make the change retro-active or adjust KDR across the board then new players will have higher KDR stats than people that started at launch. If KDR was something you care about then it wouldn't help people that started at launch... it would over time, but not immediately. People that play with outfits or squads will have better KDRs over time than people that solo because they will be more readily able to get a medic revive. Which in turn makes the death stat pointless for people that actually care about it.

The new change could encourage other bad habits as well. Like allowing people to exploit it for stat padding. People waiting around for revives because they don't want the hit to their death stats instead of reviving in a safe location and re-joining the action. There will be a lot more bodies on the ground just waiting for medics to stroll by. Which in turn will reduce the amount of people in the push because they will be dead waiting for a medic... which isn't exactly what I would think SOE would be going for.

If they changed it so you had a revive timer so that if you stayed dead too long you would be forced to respawn at a spawn point. Then they are basically putting another bandage on the system that is broken while not really fixing the issue.

If they removed death tracking completely people would revive from medics in risky situations more often because they wouldn't have this number telling them they are doing poorly. People would tend to push the objective more because dying wouldn't impact their stats. Less people would be encouraged to hide in spawn rooms behind shields trying to kill enemies instead of pushing out to fight the enemy. I see more WIN coming from removing the death tracking all together than removing it IF you get a medic revive.
__________________

Dragonskin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 03:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #63
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General
 
Rbstr's Avatar
 
Misc Info
Re: New Patch Notes - Test Sever 13-06-13


Wooo, yeah KDR circle-jerk time.

Originally Posted by Crator View Post
What if they added a timer to how long you could stay dead?
You can't be revived after something like 30-40 seconds.
__________________

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.

Last edited by Rbstr; 2013-06-14 at 03:12 PM.
Rbstr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 03:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #64
Shogun
Contributor
General
 
Shogun's Avatar
 
Re: New Patch Notes - Test Server 13-06-13


Originally Posted by Assist View Post
Those ZoE changes are a joke right?

Just change ZoE so it says "8 seconds of blinking light" and remove all the pros/cons of it. That'll be better than the shit you're coming up with SoE.

Please hire someone that knows how to balance, that type of change should never have made it to the patch notes for the test.
get over it man!

this is a multiplayer game, so vs can´t have all the overpowered stuff. that would be no fun for the other players.
but vs players don´t seem to understand this.. yeah, technology equals might. so gimme ma overpowered stuff, i deserve it!

go and play serious sam, if you need to mow down hordes of enemies on your own!
__________________
***********************official bittervet*********************

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
Shogun is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 03:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #65
Chefkoch
Sergeant
 
Re: New Patch Notes - Test Sever 13-06-13


Originally Posted by Dragonskin View Post
If they removed death tracking completely people would revive from medics in risky situations more often because they wouldn't have this number telling them they are doing poorly. People would tend to push the objective more because dying wouldn't impact their stats. Less people would be encouraged to hide in spawn rooms behind shields trying to kill enemies instead of pushing out to fight the enemy. I see more WIN coming from removing the death tracking all together than removing it IF you get a medic revive.
Well said
__________________
Chefkoch is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 04:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #66
Kail
Staff Sergeant
 
Re: New Patch Notes - Test Server 13-06-13


Hopped on the PTR to try out ZOE.

It appears to recharge at the same rate it's consumed, and is toggle on/off like the medic heal or heavy shield. So basically it amounts to a 50% maximum uptime if you like to think of it that way.

Just running around in the warpgate I honestly don't see the fuel addition changing my use of the ZOE much in actual combat; switching into/out of ZOE against infantry was very common for me. Hurts against AV and AA, but I think AA even before ZOE was super strong so I'm fine with that. Gonna miss the extra uptime against tanks though.

What I'm most worried about is the increase to damage taken, which I wasn't able to experience yet. At this point I'd be fine if with the burster nerf and fuel charge, hopefully the extra damage doesn't go through.
Kail is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 05:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #67
Hamma
PSU Admin
 
Hamma's Avatar
 
Re: New Patch Notes - Test Server 13-06-13


In case anyone missed this key Tweet..

__________________

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Hamma is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 05:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #68
GeoGnome
First Sergeant
 
GeoGnome's Avatar
 
Re: New Patch Notes - Test Server 13-06-13


Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
In case anyone missed this key Tweet..

https://twitter.com/mhigby/status/345612241502093312
Something else people should know, is that in that same string of tweets, there is mention that bursters will be adjusted to short/medium range weapons with greater damage, and skyguards will become the long range AA monster we all want it to be.

The ZOE changes are not going to go live, and... there was something else, basically look here
__________________
GeoGnome is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 06:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #69
MrMak
Sergeant Major
 
Re: New Patch Notes - Test Server 13-06-13


Originally Posted by GeoGnome View Post
Something else people should know, is that in that same string of tweets, there is mention that bursters will be adjusted to short/medium range weapons with greater damage, and skyguards will become the long range AA monster we all want it to be.


MrMak is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 06:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #70
Jaybonaut
First Sergeant
 
Jaybonaut's Avatar
 
Re: New Patch Notes - Test Server 13-06-13


Holy hell... remember when VS rarely played MAX? ...you know, the entire time since beta until ZOE existed (exception: burster.) ...well, I guess it's back to seeing only burster VS MAXes again.

They already gave it two nerfs... but hell, let's listen to TR/NC cries because people are actually using VS MAX now and they are dying to them for once.

ZOE MAXes die regularly... but now they will be paper. 8 seconds eh? Only 15% maximum buff against ESFs during that 8 seconds... good god man.
__________________
My Gaming Channel with Planetside 2 content (and other games)

Jaybonaut is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 07:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #71
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator
 
ChipMHazard's Avatar
 
Re: New Patch Notes - Test Server 13-06-13


Originally Posted by GeoGnome View Post
Something else people should know, is that in that same string of tweets, there is mention that bursters will be adjusted to short/medium range weapons with greater damage, and skyguards will become the long range AA monster we all want it to be.

The ZOE changes are not going to go live, and... there was something else, basically look here
Thanks for the heads up. Glad to see that they will finally be tweaking the burster and skyguard properly... Well hopefully anyway.
__________________
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
ChipMHazard is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 07:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #72
HelpLuperza
Corporal
 
Re: New Patch Notes - Test Server 13-06-13


So do anyone know if their going to do any focused test this month? If so can you guys announce it on FNO and at least a week or two in advance, because I really wanted to go to these test server focused tests, but I never get a chance, because they have so little publicity that I only find out about it 24-48 hours in advance.

I am a busy guy, so its been very hard to schedule time for test server stuff without knowing more in advance. <-<
HelpLuperza is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 07:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #73
Whiteagle
Major
 
Whiteagle's Avatar
 
Re: New Patch Notes - Test Sever 13-06-13


Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
I like that. It limits the no mans lands around a tower base.
Yeah, I can understand the reasoning BEHIND the change, but as it is the shield might as well not be there!

Right now you just have the teleporter and a killzone, you are just going to have a single attacker camp that exit and completely negate it as a means of moving to ground level while under attack.

What I would do is consolidate the Vehicle Balcony stairs into a single staircase, put the teleporter under that, and have shielded exits into two Infantry tunnels running from either side of stairs to the outside.

BAM, now we've got a safer exit for defenders but they can't abuse it to camp attackers!
You can't be lazy with this sort of thing though, you have to be willing to do more remodeling then switching where the shield is, else you end up with shitty open sheds and set pieces instead of fuctional shooter maps...
Whiteagle is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 10:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #74
Chewy
Major
 
Re: New Patch Notes - Test Sever 13-06-13


Originally Posted by Whiteagle View Post
Yeah, I can understand the reasoning BEHIND the change, but as it is the shield might as well not be there!

Right now you just have the teleporter and a killzone, you are just going to have a single attacker camp that exit and completely negate it as a means of moving to ground level while under attack.

What I would do is consolidate the Vehicle Balcony stairs into a single staircase, put the teleporter under that, and have shielded exits into two Infantry tunnels running from either side of stairs to the outside.

BAM, now we've got a safer exit for defenders but they can't abuse it to camp attackers!
You can't be lazy with this sort of thing though, you have to be willing to do more remodeling then switching where the shield is, else you end up with shitty open sheds and set pieces instead of fuctional shooter maps...
The point of defending a base is to stop the enemy from getting inside the base. Once the attackers get inside the main tower the defenders already lost a LOT of ground from not defending the entire base and shouldn't have an easy time to get them out. Once attackers get inside a base they can use the defenders own cover against them and have earned to right to do so.

It's cheap as hell for 2-3 defenders to camp behind those shields and stop any vehicles from being able to use an entire side of the tower and the main vehicle bay. You can't go anywhere around those shields with anything without counter camping them. Those shields on a tower give spawn safety abusers 5 places to camp from. Tower top, balcony, 3rd floor doors, main bay, and the back yard.

Limiting the ground floor camping is a good thing if you ask me. Defenders will still have 4 spawn exits to use in safety. Top, balcony, 3rd floor, and now just a single door on ground floor.

You're not defending a base if you let attackers in the base.
__________________
Chewy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 11:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #75
Whiteagle
Major
 
Whiteagle's Avatar
 
Re: New Patch Notes - Test Sever 13-06-13


Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
The point of defending a base is to stop the enemy from getting inside the base. Once the attackers get inside the main tower the defenders already lost a LOT of ground from not defending the entire base and shouldn't have an easy time to get them out. Once attackers get inside a base they can use the defenders own cover against them and have earned to right to do so.
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
You're not defending a base if you let attackers in the base.
You mean the towers with four huge Vehicle Doors and one man-door on the remaining side that's got an entire wall covering it from only OTHER routes down?

Have you ever actually DEFENDED a tower before?
The fucking ground level is a damn nightmare if you don't have Zerglings constantly streaming out of it in Armor, because of how open it actually IS!
Hell, the fight ends up automatically LOST if they get a single Infiltrator in there to hack the Terminals because that cuts off the Zerglings Tanks and allows the Attacker to Spawn or roll a AMSunderer right into the Garage...

Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Those shields on a tower give spawn safety abusers 5 places to camp from. Tower top, balcony, 3rd floor doors, main bay, and the back yard.
...Clearly you haven't, or else you'd know that those third floor exits are usually the ones GETTING camped since their placement requires one to expose themselves to a hallway filled with crossfire just to get a shot off.

Hell, the only other shields I can see being exploited like that is the Balcony Exit, because you can actually SEE a bit of ground from there, and the Top for Burster MAXes...
Whiteagle is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Bookmarks

Discord

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:22 AM.

Content © 2002-2013, PlanetSide-Universe.com, All rights reserved.
PlanetSide and the SOE logo are registered trademarks of Sony Online Entertainment Inc. © 2004 Sony Online Entertainment Inc. All rights reserved.
All other trademarks or tradenames are properties of their respective owners.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.