Systems: Save Yourself! - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Illegal in 47 countries!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2012-04-24, 06:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Marine Six
Private

Save Yourself!

You should be able to save your self from instant death areas! By instant death areas i mean falling into a canyon and dying instantly and there is no way to save yourself. You can only carry one of these life saving devices at a time so It's not unbalanced.

Grapples: Lets say you decide to take a jump over that canyon over there on your brand new quad in your brand new armor! So you drive and launch your quad across the gap but you just missed the landing and fell back into the canyon! Obviously you don't want to die so if you act quick and fire your grapple (Hidden in your armor's glove) at the ledge and it sticks (maybe a 20-50% success rate) then you pull yourself back up and you and your new armor are saved! Too bad about your quad though.

Guaranteed to save your armor! (Not really! )
[img[http://www.tbotech.com/images/grappling-hook.jpg[/img]

Ice Axe: This is obviously for those snow/ice levels. This actually can have more than one use. One being saving your a** when you're falling down a cliff by smashing your ice axes into the glacier to slow you down. (Really does work I'm not pulling this sh** from call of duty my brother is a mountain climber.) Also after you have slowed down enough you have to use them to climb back up. (Grappling hook may also be available for this situation.)
[If you are falling too fast or use your ice axes too late you will not be able to slow down fast enough and die.]

This (might) save your life!

Emergency Parachute: If all else fails you better pull out your emergency chute! This is this only survival item that can be paired with another one. This for when you use your ice axes but you're falling to fast! Hurry! Deploy the chute! Deploy the chute! In my opinion you can only pair this with the ice axes because the grappling hook is for short range shots. (How much rope can you fit in a glove?) So once you use your chute and land at the bottom of the canyon or whatever you may be falling off of you can climb back up, that's why you need the ice axes! To climb back up!!

Quick pull the cord!!!!!

BONUS IDEA!
This Popped into my head while i was making the ice axe idea.

In the ice enviroments instead of large canyons (which there aren't that many in icy areas) we should have crevasse's because it's much more realistic!

Anyway that's my suggestion! I hope the developers consider these ideas and maybe even implement them into the game!

Hope you all enjoyed reading this!
Old 2012-04-24, 06:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
iSpectre
Private

Re: Save Yourself!

Kind of an interesting concept, similar to Lost planets save yourself thing?
Nifty idea, but I don't think it'd fit into Planetside.
Old 2012-04-24, 06:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Marine Six
Private

I was thinking about those areas in games like oblivion where if you were to fall in that spot you die no matter what you do. This was just to remove those due to me hating those places! I want a way to survive even if its just a small chance. I personally never played Lost planet so I'm not really sure about that.
Old 2012-04-24, 07:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
DieselSS
Private

Originally Posted by Marine Six View Post
Really does work I'm not pulling this sh** from call of duty my brother is a mountain climber.
Haha...I lol'd at this.

Sounds interesting man. Generally I like it.
Old 2012-04-25, 09:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Marinealver
Sergeant Major

There was only a few instant death areas, one was a lava pit in which don't fall in, the other was those purple crystal pits in drug. Anything else say you fallen in a pit or ravine or some place you can't climb out of. /recall and in a few seconds you are out of there.
Old 2012-04-25, 07:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Marine Six
Private

but if you fall into a pit or ravine you obviously will die so why not save yourself! sadface nobody likes the idea lol
Old 2012-04-26, 05:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

I like it, but it just doesnt fit planetside.

Really, think about the whole thing. Think about its DOWNSIDES. Think about the effect it would have on gameplay.

People wont just use it when they try to launch their quad over a canyon. People would use this grapple at a lot of occasions.
Old 2012-04-26, 08:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Jetpack?
Old 2012-04-27, 12:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
DDSHADE
Master Sergeant

Misc Info

If you're stuck at the bottom of a canyon after somehow surviving the fall either point that Deci at the ground or deconstruct!! :P

There is almost always an easier solution!
Cool idea though, I really like the idea of ice chasms and crevasses on Esamir!

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault