This is reminding me just how terrible TR is most of the day - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Pretty. Shiny. Underwear.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2013-05-22, 07:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Arkaiden
Private

This is reminding me just how terrible TR is most of the day

...at decision making.

They're shoving Vanu off Solsar and NC contests a base. Instead of briefly ending the campaign against the last Vanu base (which was outnumbered 3 to 1 anyways) and wiping the NC out they ignore the NC who cap the base while Vanu is freed up to break all of NC's continent locks while TR and NC now futiley bash their heads on each other.

What's the issue? Rigged Pounder. Rigged minigun (and the best heavy armor accompaniment in the Striker which makes one TR very effective at all targets and all ranges without even needing to play inventory tetris). And they're still getting completely outplayed in the metagame.

Come on TR, Vanu communication is crap lately, you should be able to wipe the floor with us since we can't do anything in base fights.
Old 2013-05-22, 07:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Logit
Second Lieutenant

Re: This is reminding me just how terrible TR is most of the day

In other news,

My enforcer is getting one shot by wasps and that's a problem.
Old 2013-05-22, 08:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Arkaiden
Private

Originally Posted by Logit View Post
In other news,

My enforcer is getting one shot by wasps and that's a problem.
Appears to be a Cyssor only bug (odd, I know). So if everyone not a cheating jerk just ignores Cyssor the cheaters will only have each other to shoot.

Which, admittedly, a Wasp only arena where first hit wins sounds kinda neat.
Old 2013-05-23, 04:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Figment
Lieutenant General

You can't expect the new players to see the strategy involved just yet. Certainly not without explained guidance. And that includes how to get somewhere, where what is, etc. They're just too new.

Perhaps it's an idea to have some more battles on Oshur: newbees will be less disadvantaged there.
Old 2013-05-23, 04:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
zeropositivo
Private

The metagame is still out of grasp for me, and I'm sure for the other like me... which is exactly why I've been suggesting ingame to the vets to run public squads! There's so many people running around squadless just following the mass around... also, a common TS/mumble would help as well
Old 2013-05-23, 04:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
zeropositivo
Private

Originally Posted by Figment View Post
Perhaps it's an idea to have some more battles on Oshur: newbees will be less disadvantaged there.
Also, regarding Oshur: I've been there yesterday for the first time, it's awesome! But it does have a problem: I've been trying to understand how to get there for a week, and only managed to understand it yesterday, and only because someone was actively explaining to me how
Old 2013-05-23, 06:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Shogun
Contributor
General

???

which oshur are you talking about? the old oshur, or the battle islands?
is there really a way now to get to old oshur all by yourself? i thought you had to be teleported there by a gm?

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
Old 2013-05-23, 07:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Figment
Lieutenant General

BIs.
Old 2013-05-23, 09:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Arkaiden
Private

Originally Posted by Figment View Post
You can't expect the new players to see the strategy involved just yet. Certainly not without explained guidance. And that includes how to get somewhere, where what is, etc. They're just too new.
This has been an issue with TR for years from my experience playing off and on. However, things should get better for all team's communication as more vets with high command ranks join in and global features more up to date information instead of sporadic, once an hour stuff.
Old 2013-05-23, 10:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Wahooo
Captain

As someone who still likes PS1, and who sees himself playing regularly over the next 6 months...
THIS is the spot the debbie downers who want to bash the game as dead and let it go people have a point.

The PS1 meta game > than PS2 meta game is only correct when there is a significant PS1 population. Enough that there can be two major two way fights for each faction on different continents and no three-ways or the three way is an exception or smaller fight on Searhus or Cyssor or maybe Ishundar.

The population of the game right now, and from what I can see, the way it will be is simply too low for proper continental strategy. There is still some, but trying to get people to go to the "correct" fight rather than the close fight or the one they don't want to go to?

Oh and as for TR OP weapons? whatevers... Lancer > Striker after a touch of practice. MCG is ok... but I do fine against TR when I play other empires with only MA... why? Because as much as people want to say the MCG has no down side a 1/2 decent player, not even good *raises hand* with a gauss or pulsar at medium range will beat an MCG pretty consistently and up close like stairwells and pretty much most indoor battles sweeper has a better TTK... just can't go through multiple opponents.
Old 2013-05-23, 02:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

I've been working more at finding a decent fight than worrying about the metagame. Especially the cross-cont, overall meta.

Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion