Infiltrator Foot Step Trails, Squad Scouting - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where dreams come to die
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2012-08-17, 10:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
dzuari
Private

Infiltrator Foot Step Trails, Squad Scouting

I was watching this video http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/1...kthrough--cam- on two tower battles on the same side of a bridge and i noticed that there will be quite some distance between your target, vehicles wont always be available and a lot of different paths you can take for this particular tower and something dawned on me.

I think it'd be nice for an infiltrator that is scouting ahead of a squad to have an ability or something that he could leave a trail of were he has been walking that is linked to the squad's HUD. The scout could relay if there is heavy or light contact in his area and it would give a reference for the team to know which way they should go to either get into the fight or stay out of sight and flank. Maybe have different colored trails for each infiltrator in a squad, that way the team can choose which route is the best to get into the base. This would add a new level of teamwork and cooperative play for infiltrators.

This would be a completely new game mechanic that I've personally never seen in a game, hopefully pushing the game one step father in the direction of a teamwork based shoot rather than just another solo shooter. it would also give infiltrators more of a motivation to scout for its squad and help the team rather than just stealth killing, sniping or terminal destroying. I play PS1 and i always feel that any stealth class in any game always fall short as being a role that really helps the team/squad more than just being a solo/lone wolf role. Maybe give the infiltrator xp based on the length of time the squad stays on his trail in a given radius but not any xp for when teammates are right next to him/her, that way they dont just run around boosting xp.

Also an adaptation might be nice for a squad leader too, it would help the each person in the squad stay together and work as a team after the squad starts to get broken up from dying and respawning.

So thoughts, ya, nay? Downsides or potential problems.

Last edited by dzuari; 2012-08-17 at 10:22 PM.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault