PSU: Warning: contains nuts.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge

Old 2004-09-20, 07:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
AztecWarrior
Lightbulb Collector

[WTF]Math Magic

I took a Hon. Physics test a few days ago. Felt real good about it. B, maybe A. That's good, as Physics is hard.

I recieved the paper back today and was aghast.

There were 11 multiple choice questions, computing how far something goes, the effect of gravity, etc. (Xo, X, Vo, V a, t stuff, plus one of the many velocity/distance formulas.) I got 10 of them right, not being able to crack the 11th. There were four "short answer" questions that was basically maybe just a tad bit harder than the MCs, but you had to show work. These were "five points each." I got two right, one wrong, and didn't get to one, for a net score of two out of four.

There was also a 15-pointer extra credit which was a compound problem:

A rocket takes off with an acceleration of 20 m/s for 25 seconds. After 25s, it coasts in the air before falling. Find how high it goes with the engine on, how far it coasts, and something else.

I didn't get to that for lack of time.

Now, I basically said to myself: You owned this. Come on, I got 11 out of 14. How hard can that be?

The teacher hands me a paper with a "52%" on it.

Apparently, the test was graded on a 31-point scale...meaning that those four short answers comprised 2/3 of the test. He made an honest mistake in grading, and I got a 68%, when he counted a problem wrong twice.

All those multiple-choicers were USELESS, weighing in at one point a piece. The four short answers were worth 5 points, and EC was 15.

WTF?

I hate playing Roulette with my tests, my damn Pre-Cal teacher does the same thing.

"All questions are equal, but some are more equal than others."
The gun katas. Through analysis of thousands of recorded gunfights, the Cleric has determined that the geometric distribution of antagonists in any gun battle is a statistically predictable element. The gun kata treats the gun as a total weapon, each fluid position representing a maximum kill zone, inflicting maximum damage on the maximum number of opponents while keeping the defender clear of the statistically traditional trajectories of return fire. By the rote mastery of this art, your firing efficiency will rise by no less than 120%. The difference of a 63% increase to lethal proficiency makes the master of the gun katas an adversary not to be taken lightly.
Old 2004-09-20, 07:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Neon Apocalypse
Colonel

gee dude that really sucks

i hate teachers that play with your head
Old 2004-09-20, 07:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
ChewyLSB
Major

Misc Info

Why don't you ask your teacher before hand how much each question is worth?

I usually do that, but even so, I usually finish my tests.
Old 2004-09-20, 07:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Subterfuge
Corporal

They like to crush your hopes and dreams and get sexual pleasure out of your grief
Old 2004-09-20, 07:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
AztecWarrior
Lightbulb Collector

Originally Posted by Subterfuge
They like to crush your hopes and dreams and get sexual pleasure out of your grief
The teacher's a man.

Oh, crap.
The gun katas. Through analysis of thousands of recorded gunfights, the Cleric has determined that the geometric distribution of antagonists in any gun battle is a statistically predictable element. The gun kata treats the gun as a total weapon, each fluid position representing a maximum kill zone, inflicting maximum damage on the maximum number of opponents while keeping the defender clear of the statistically traditional trajectories of return fire. By the rote mastery of this art, your firing efficiency will rise by no less than 120%. The difference of a 63% increase to lethal proficiency makes the master of the gun katas an adversary not to be taken lightly.
Old 2004-09-20, 07:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
oddfish
Colonel

i have almost no respect for authority as it is. teachers have been on my shit list since i was in first grade. i hate teachers.. well.. most teachers.

every once in a while a teacher comes along who's worth a shit. for the lack of respect i give most teachers, the one's whom i consider "good" get the utmost from me. it's one of those professions where, in my opinion, you're either Good, or your Bad. there is no in between. Because in the end, i'm either retaining this fucking info or i'm not.

fucking teachers.. that's why i'm gonna be a professor. i'd make a damn good one. i keep it real. i don't like people playin' on my phone.

My Blog
[20:19] <Phobos> oddfish: Glad to see you, now help me move this dead body.
Old 2004-09-20, 08:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

Several people in my physics class say they want to pay me for tutoring, if you need help on anything ask me on Xfire or in a PM.

I had a Pre-Calc Test today and there was one question i had no idea how to do and we hadn't done ever in class or homework, i'm sure of it because i made up my mind to pay attention this year in math, becasue i can't wing it anymore

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge