A month to E3 - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Can we put flame decals on our ships?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-05-02, 10:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #61
Kurtz
Master Sergeant

Re: A month to E3

They could easily become THE most anticipated FPS of all time at this years E3

Timing is everything so when and what they release is key to success.

Keys to success E3
show more game play with thousands of players online.

Announce beta & release at E3 for September (lateset) and December 2012 respectively.

Keys to failure E3

show more game play with thousands of players online.
Announce beta & release at E3 for December 2012 and May 2013 respectively.

push a laggy beta in december. everyone will run right back to cod/bf.

May is a good release date but a bad beta will kill the launch. A smooth beta in september followed by an equally smooth release in December 2012 will mean success.

Last edited by Kurtz; 2012-05-02 at 10:24 AM.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-05-02, 11:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #62
CyclesMcHurtz
PlanetSide 2
Coder

Originally Posted by Sabrak View Post
I bet all the Vanu songs would be dubstep.
T-Ray wouldn't let that happen.
Old 2012-05-02, 11:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #63
Red Beard
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by CyclesMcHurtz View Post
T-Ray wouldn't let that happen.
TRay; the island of reason and manlyness in VS!
Old 2012-05-02, 11:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #64
SniperSteve
First Lieutenant

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/mmorpg/wor...news/e3-sucks/

The last paragraph of that article says that SOE is guaranteed to be at E3 with PlanetSide2. Perhaps speculation? More likely they are planning to steal the show with some epic gameplay.

I think they need some Alpha/Beta players to help them populate the servers on those days :P
Old 2012-05-02, 11:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #65
Notser
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Xyntech View Post
Why are you guys so good to us?
We're the content for their game, they need us to get others interested and we dictate direction. SOE is making a very large effort to do all the things they didn't do in 2003, I love all the community love and appreciate their efforts.

I'm hoping they can pick key people from the community much like League has done and put those who love the game in the spotlight for community events and such. League of Legends is the best business model to follow, both content and community interaction.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-05-02, 11:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #66
RadarX
PlanetSide 2
Community Manager

Originally Posted by Notser View Post

I'm hoping they can pick key people from the community much like League has done and put those who love the game in the spotlight for community events and such. League of Legends is the best business model to follow, both content and community interaction.
I'd thank you to stop standing over my shoulder and reading my community documents before they are complete.

LoL has done some great things but just like us they are doing so on the shoulders of previous community efforts. We're going to take everything we've learned in 10 years of doing this and see what everyone else is doing. Then we're going to create a Frankenstein like beast that will crush things.
Old 2012-05-02, 11:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #67
Mechzz
Major

Originally Posted by RadarX View Post
We're going to take everything we've learned in 10 years of doing this and see what everyone else is doing. Then we're going to create a Frankenstein like beast that will crush things.
Ooh! Is the VS Max nearly ready to debut?
Old 2012-05-02, 12:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #68
Notser
Staff Sergeant

LoL has done some great things but just like us they are doing so on the shoulders of previous community efforts. We're going to take everything we've learned in 10 years of doing this and see what everyone else is doing. Then we're going to create a Frankenstein like beast that will crush things.
We're going to get a HigbySAUR weekly show that spotlights community creations on youtube with weird user comments like "OMG his hair is so wonderful" and "I can't believe a guy plays Planetside!" all while Higby dazzles us with NC cosplay? I'm a little scared RadarX
Old 2012-05-02, 12:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #69
Xyntech
Brigadier General

CyclesMcHurtz was posting quite a bit the other day and now RadarX is being extra chatty.

Are you guys taking shifts with us so that we don't get too antsy while the team is in crunch mode?

Works for me. All of the devs so far have seemed pretty chill.
Old 2012-05-02, 12:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #70
Kipper
Captain

Talking Re: A month to E3

I love the way the team has been going about getting involved with the community.

Normally, its indie devs that get involved with their fan base because they *need* them to support their product for it to succeed, wheras bigger/richer companies can sometimes be just seen as unable to listen, care, or do anything except farm their loyal fans for gold.

So big props to SoE and the team for setting about delivering a triple-A product that they clearly care very much about, mixing it up with the fans, soliciting for ideas, showing off sneak previews and maintaining general levels of interaction. Long may it continue!

Raise the bar for (MMO)FPS, and while you're at it, set a new standard for big developers/publishers treating their fans with some respect (We'll repay you by spending the money because we want to, and shooting you on sight in-game if you're not wearing our colours!).

Last edited by Kipper; 2012-05-02 at 12:19 PM.
Old 2012-05-02, 12:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #71
SniperSteve
First Lieutenant

Then we're going to create a Frankenstein like beast that will crush things.
I just got so excited. I actually got an adrenaline rush.

Are you guys taking shifts with us so that we don't get too antsy while the team is in crunch mode?
PSU = Day care run by Hamma and the PS2 devs.

Last edited by SniperSteve; 2012-05-02 at 12:26 PM.
Old 2012-05-02, 12:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #72
NCLynx
Major

Giving priority access to people at an industry only show would be ineffective. If you are a former PS player? You are taken care of. If you got a PC Gamer? You are taken care of.

We'll begin letting people in (it's not going to happen all at once) when things are ready to go. However our target for that is players, not media and industry employees.
And if we did both?!

SuperTroopers is recruiting for PS2!
Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Really? You need to take a few steps back and think before posting drivel like this. Either reply constructively or don't reply.
Old 2012-05-02, 12:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #73
Lorgarn
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by SniperSteve View Post
I think they need some Alpha/Beta players to help them populate the servers on those days :P
Actually, this is a really good idea. (At least from my clearly inexperienced/uneducated point of view.) This is pretty much a requirement if they want to have the game available for event participants. I guess could "time" it with having an official "in-house playtest event" at SOE to crowd the servers, but you'd have to consider that most events run through at least a couple of days. So this wouldn't really be viable at all.

So as far as using logic goes, if PS2 is going to be playable at an event(any event really, not just E3) the Beta has to be up and running by that time. Which leads me to believe that it wont be playable at E3. Though I'm sure we'll see some amazing footage, no doubt about that.
Old 2012-05-02, 12:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #74
Mechzz
Major

Originally Posted by Lorgarn View Post
Actually, this is a really good idea. (At least from my clearly inexperienced/uneducated point of view.) This is pretty much a requirement if they want to have the game available for event participants. I guess could "time" it with having an official "in-house playtest event" at SOE to crowd the servers, but you'd have to consider that most events run through at least a couple of days. So this wouldn't really be viable at all.

So as far as using logic goes, if PS2 is going to be playable at an event(any event really, not just E3) the Beta has to be up and running by that time. Which leads me to believe that it wont be playable at E3. Though I'm sure we'll see some amazing footage, no doubt about that.
The good news is Stew got this from T-ray just a while ago:

https://twitter.com/#!/PS_TRay/statu...10290983460864

"@xStew360x @Planetside2 will be at e3 fully playable ready to rock"
if the link doesn't work,
Old 2012-05-02, 12:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #75
wasdie
Second Lieutenant

I would assume they would at least have a limited closed beta so that they could have a world populated with several hundred players.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion