Will all of The Enclave really stop playing? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Best lil whorehouse on the web
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-06-21, 09:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
VaderShake
First Lieutenant

Will all of The Enclave really stop playing?

So now that Buzzcut has officially taken his ball and gone home and quit PS2with the rest of the TE. Does anyone really think all the TR players will quit playing until Buzz says it's ok to come back? Or will some of them actually have spines of their own and keep playing?

Last edited by VaderShake; 2013-06-21 at 09:24 AM.
Old 2013-06-21, 09:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Hamma
PSU Admin

Re: Will all of The Enclave really stop playing?

They won't all stop playing but many will.

Please try and keep this civil btw, it has potential to go off the tracks in spectacular ways.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2013-06-21, 09:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
PredatorFour
Major

No doubt some will still play, possibly with alts if it means that much to them. Seems abit of a drama queen tbh.
Old 2013-06-21, 09:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
VaderShake
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post

Please try and keep this civil btw, it has potential to go off the tracks in spectacular ways.
"off the tracks" whatever do you mean.....
Old 2013-06-21, 09:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
MrMak
Sergeant Major

An "entire" outfit rage quiting is a little more than a "bit" of a drama queen.

And i thought none would top thet TR "Strike" a month or so ago.

Last edited by MrMak; 2013-06-21 at 09:45 AM.
Old 2013-06-21, 09:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Assist
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post

What's the story with the exodus?
Old 2013-06-21, 09:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
WSNeo
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Assist View Post
What's the story with the exodus?
http://www.twitch.tv/buzzcutpsycho/b/419693663

Being VS, it's sad to see them go. Buzz did have a lot of good points though, mainly with the roadmap, the insistance on forcing the broken concept of resources down our throat, and eventual implants that will be pay to win.

Higby responded on Reddit in regards to this:

Sorry to see 'em go. Despite all the drama surrounding them, and some of their members (not all, but some) inexcusably offensive personal attacks and bullshit they are an effective outfit and a lot of fun to watch operate. I watched Buzz's stream a lot and learned a lot watching it over the months.
Everyone has their list of things they want changed in the game and everyone gets a bit frustrated when their list isn't the list that gets done first, myself as well - I've had to defer things I want to do more times than I can count on this project, so I can completely understand the frustration. Our focus recently has been on new players and making the game more accessible and entertaining to people coming in to the game for the first time. This is about as far away as you can get from the "end game" features focused on people like Buzz and TE, but they're important things for us to work on and we're seeing great results in terms of new players sticking with the game longer. Of course we're still working on core game systems that affect everyone like Missions and Resources, and building out more strategic / metagame systems (it's only been a little over a month since the lattice was released!) as quickly as we can.
Trying to keep development ahead of the top players is an almost impossible battle in MMO games, spending months working on a system that becomes "routine" within hours is a fact of life when developing these games. No matter how hard you work you can never keep up with the requests, complaints, feedback and wishlists. We just keep doing the best we can, and hopefully make the game a little bit better each time we put a new update out.
I hope they have fun doing whatever comes next.
edit: clarification on "end game" features.

Old 2013-06-21, 09:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
GeoGnome
First Sergeant

Honestly this whole thing has reminded me of the Skyrim Forums.

People on the Skyrim forums HATED skyrim, and said the game would fail gloriously... it was just a matter of time. And we all know how badly that game has done... And how bad Elder Scrolls online seems to be headed, as the follow up. You know, extraordinarily well.

People on the PS2 forums have the ability to say the game is dying, as if that if it is said often enough, eventually it will be true. It's a lot like that guy who said that the earth would end in the late 1800s, and then after that day, said: "Oh yeah, I mean, next year, not this year, silly me". All of the people disgruntled over the lattice are flocking to the BCP flag too... one guy even said it was a canary in a coal mine... though he's supporting one of the people who helped Push the lattice in the first place to do it.

And ultimately there are two things behind all of that, that make it both funny and sad at the same time.
1.) Eventually PS2 Will die. Years from now IMO, but regardless of when it will happen, when there is a PS3, these people will say: "Well I predicted this would happen back at X"
2.) The population graphs haven't done a thing since like march. They bob down, they bob up. Back and fourth. The game just isn't going anywhere.
Old 2013-06-21, 10:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Roderick
Corporal

If you like the game, you will continue to play. So I expect a few of their players to continue aside from the viewpoints of their leader.

Nothing is forcing people to stay on in PlanetSide 2 or any game in general. This mass exodus while news at this minute will be forgotten in a couple of days because most people like the immediate gossip and then move on to the next thing of interest.

PlanetSide 2 will go on with or without them. Just how it is in everyday life.

Last edited by Roderick; 2013-06-21 at 10:02 AM.
Old 2013-06-21, 10:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Hamma
PSU Admin

There is a massive Reddit thread on this whole thing.. they seem to eat this sort of shit up over there for some reason.

The amusing part is several Enclave members commented on the thread saying they were finding out for the first time from the video.

Life will go on, PlanetSide 2 will continue and I will keep playing it. Getting new players interested and retaining them is more important than keeping old players who are resistant to change interested. I personally have been saying that from the beginning and I hope they continue to make getting into the game easier, then work on improving the long term. I think they have added a pretty good mix.

My two cents anyway.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2013-06-21, 10:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
MrMak
Sergeant Major

Idont realy get his rant about monetisation and pay 2 win. The system hasnt realy chanmged since release. You can pay to get weapons, you have to pay for xp/resource boosts and ocsmetics.

If anything its gotten a bit better sine they lowered the cert and SC prices on a lot of weapons (That is not to say the top prices arent still ridicoulus) and added more sources for XP with Alerts ribbons Threat bonuses and now the Tank/Air superiority thing.

Heck i would not have bothered getting a shotgun any time soon if the Sweeper hadnt been droped to 250 certs.

I get the prices have been lowered mostly on underused weapons to jerk people into them. But most of these weapons are mostly underated by the "hive mind" for any number of resons but not actualy bad.

Thake the old lock on launchers for instance. People droped them for the "Jack of all Trades Master of None" A.K.A. the Anihilator even though they are most deffinatly better in their respective roles AND they dont leave you a sitting duck in close range.

As for Planetside 2 going down soon.

Ive been hearign the same thing about Team Fortress 2 since 2009.

Last edited by MrMak; 2013-06-21 at 10:10 AM.
Old 2013-06-21, 10:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Rolfski
Major

It's all out proportion drama if you ask me. One person showing off the selfishness to pull out a complete outfit because he pesronally doesn't like it any more, doesn't mean all of its players will suddenly stop playing the game.

What would you do if you're in TE but still likes to play the game? Suddenly stop playing because some anonymous Internet ego told you so? Get real.
Old 2013-06-21, 10:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Shogun
Contributor
General

the game has far too many tr. some of them quitting is no problem.

and i guess a lot of them will yell they are quitting, but will just change faction or only name and keep playing in another outfit.

but the game really sucks balls big time right now. and it looks as if the devs are enroute to make it worse.
focus on new players is the wrong thing to do right now, because new players will only be new players for a short time, and when they realise how hollow and unbalanced the game is, they will leave.

if this game wants to be a real planetside, focus has to be on keeping the veterans, so they would recruit from the nuubs to educate them to become long time players and also veterans.
as long as the devs scare away all the veterans, ps2 should be renamed to planetside casual, as it will be full of noobs.

i wish they would at least fix planetside 1, so we could go back there, but they screwed this also with new bugs and exploits for no reason. (nothing in the game was changed, only the new bugs and exploits introduced)

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
Old 2013-06-21, 10:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Crator
Major General

Meh, I agree with him.

The nerf/buff of weapons is wrong for those who spent real money on them. Why not give an option to return the weapon for your SC back to spend what you want it on?

No depth is disappointing. Messing with a bunch of monetary things is disappointing.

I agree with Higby that they should fix things for new players, like the lattice and tutorials is good. But we do need to get some more depth (i.e. More continents, inter-continental connections, continent locking, removal of 3-empire footholds and other things in the vein of that)...
Old 2013-06-21, 10:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
ringring
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by MrMak View Post
Idont realy get his rant about monetisation and pay 2 win. The system hasnt realy chanmged since release. You can pay to get weapons, you have to pay for xp/resource boosts and ocsmetics.
I think he's saying the purpose of the resource system is to sell boost or provide more reason to take up a subscription.

If he is I pretty much agree with that and he's on the money (no pun intended) with his opinions on the current shape of the game.

That said, and even though I understand many only log into ps2 for ops nights I'm sure a lot of Enclave people will stay.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion