Updated Beta Date - Page 21 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Wait, wait, you have to actually "aim" in this game?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-07-31, 04:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #301
kidwithstick
Corporal

Re: Updated Beta Date

Not too surprised TBH.

Its funny how you can tell which people are waiting to get into beta to try and make the game better and the people trying to get into beta just to play the game early.

everyone saying "longer the wait the better the game", while this is true its also what beta is for. were supposed to get a raw game and mold it to its full potential. If we were talking about actual release then sure take as much time as possible.

So yea im kinda bummed that im going to have to wait ATLEAST another week, and realistically it could be another month or 2 before my number is even called, while the cry babys that are just trying to get in to "get in" will most likely get in before me

AS THE WORLD TURNS
Old 2012-07-31, 04:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #302
Littleman
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by kidwithstick View Post
Not too surprised TBH.

Its funny how you can tell which people are waiting to get into beta to try and make the game better and the people trying to get into beta just to play the game early.
And the difference in the case of balance testing is...?
Old 2012-07-31, 05:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #303
Reizod
Contributor
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Revanmug View Post
Have you any clue how fast things can go wrong in coding like this? Don't think so, so have fun in your ignorance. Hell, they should have just invite people to have them stare at a login screen with the "can't touch this" music in the background. Good trolling is always good.

And it's great that you don't care about their image but only about playing the damn game... I hate with a passion company that use the entitled card to excuse a bad game but ffs, people acting like that for a beta are really fucking entitled. And lol at contradiction of "think image" but don't work on "bugs". I'll tell you something, They don't need free meat like you to see the most common bug that would affect their image. Nor do they for common "usable" working interface.

Beta is... for... you? HAHAHAHA... no. The beta is for them and only them. In a real beta, you are working for the company except them don't pay you. It's a win-win solution for any company.

Another point, Why would you care... why would PEOPLE care that the beta is bad? The fucking game is FREE TO PLAY. you will be able to tell without giving one buck if the game is worth it or not ONCE RELEASE. Anybody with a brain here that can realise that?! Right?!

That sound exactly like : "I'm not a racist but... yeah I'm racist." You are complaining about a beta release of a f2p game. You do realise how stupid that make you look like?
Just to bust your bubble... I actually have been a beta/QA tester for several years for many companies. And I'm sure I understand and know more about what goes on behind the scenes than you based on your canned/tool like replies.

Because of my gaming experience (E3 presentations, Gamescom presentations, PAX event logistics, network tester, game tester, software tester, hardware R&D, community PR, etc. etc.), that gives me an insight to how off-beat and out of touch the "PR" dept and Devs can be during development. I've been there before.

Just like the many other brown-nosers, you still FAILED to answer any of my questions. Especially obvious since you think my point is that I care that the Beta is bad. If you really paid attention and truly comprehended what I posted, you would realize that I was stating the total opposite.

So, take a chill pill and relax before you hyperventilate my friend.

Last edited by Reizod; 2012-07-31 at 05:52 PM.
Old 2012-07-31, 07:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #304
james
Sergeant Major

Actually when a game gets delayed this much it means something is going very very wrong over there. So yes the beta keep getting pushed back should be a concern.
Old 2012-07-31, 07:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #305
Littleman
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by james View Post
Actually when a game gets delayed this much it means something is going very very wrong over there. So yes the beta keep getting pushed back should be a concern.
'Ey! The last time PS2 got a big delay, it was because they were abandoning PS Next and going for a full on recreation of Planetside on Forgelight, amounting to what we see today. I wouldn't say that was something "very very wrong." Depends on who you ask though. Some people do want PS1 all over again, sans the BFR's.

This is a week delay and the reasons for the delay are vague as hell, with the sources of what's really going on about as reliable as the trolls on this forum saying they got tech test invites when they really didn't.
Old 2012-07-31, 07:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #306
RSphil
Contributor
Major

the new dates are ok for me. if i get in i have monday and tue off. lol thenits back to nights again though
Old 2012-07-31, 08:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #307
Sirro
Corporal

Originally Posted by SonicBoom View Post
Was so bummed when that game got canned
I actually did alpha and beta testing for that, it was a neat concept and could've been fun, but it was a HUGE mess, very few areas had any level of polish going into the beta. Severe memory leaks, a lot of CTD and frankly unless they were really going to push development I could not picture it being p2p.

I've tested a lot of games and the state the game was in going to beta was dreadful and I have to this day not seen a game in that kind of state going into beta, I think they called it a beta out of desperation. What a shame I love Stargate and the franchise could've used a good official game.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion