Galaxy ammo dispenser? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: But mum, I've got to have one! All the other kids have one!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2013-02-02, 05:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
MFour
Private

Galaxy ammo dispenser?

I often find myself going all the way back to the warpgate in my mossie because I'm out of ammo. This allows the enemy Liberators (and I specialize in hunting enemy Liberators) to continue spraying the troops on the ground with Zephyrs and people come to the forums and rage about getting instakilled by libs. Then air gets nerfed and it's no fun for anyone.

Now, if the Galaxy had a cert for ammo dispensing to nearby aircraft (very close, about 20m?), this problem would go away and we'd see a lot more ESFs in the air, even if the actual number would be the same. This makes it more fun for ESF pilots and more dangerous for Lib pilots, who would have to have ESFs of their own to protect them now that there are 2 or more ESFs per lib.

It would also open up new possibilities such as large lib and ESF formations supplied by Galaxies and make organized air play more important.

You might think that this would make air overpowered, but that isn't exactly true; with more ESFs actually fighting and not retreating to get supplies, using a lone Lib would no longer be and option, so only organized air squadrons could bomb ground troops. Since this would take about 20 players per squadron (Galaxy for supplies, several full libs and some ESFs for cover) you can't really complain about your 30 men zerg with no AA getting destroyed. It would also mean that Liberators wouldn't be everywhere, so you could just avoid them or get into an ESF and join the effort to shoot them down.

And finally, this brings an actual use to the Galaxy as a flying utility vehicle.

What do you guys think about this?
Old 2013-02-02, 08:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Rothnang
Major

Re: Galaxy ammo dispenser?

It's been suggested a lot of times to give the Galaxy support abilities like a Sunderer can do on the ground.

You can reload ammo from an ammo sundy in an ESF by the way. Just have one parked in a convenient place.
Old 2013-02-03, 12:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
HiroshiChugi
Captain

They head the Sundy options for the galaxy back in beta.but they got rid of it

Edit: grammer

Last edited by HiroshiChugi; 2013-02-03 at 11:46 AM.
Old 2013-02-05, 10:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Brogan
Private

Still, there should be some sort of useful support role that it should fill besides sky train. So far the best use I have had for the gal is taxi driver and kamikaze. Guess which one is not skull crushingly boring? Now guess which one is more resource efficient? (The answer is kamikaze because at least I contribute something)

Last edited by Brogan; 2013-02-05 at 10:52 AM.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault