System Requirements - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: PlanetSide: Depriving you of sleep since the open beta!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions

Old 2012-06-13, 10:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Fab
Sergeant

Re: System Requirements

For sure i'll buy a whole new computer for PS2, my 5 years old one is really slow and I want to enjoy those sexy light effects..
I ll go for that configuration :
Intel Core i5 3570K
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti
8 Go DDR3
500 W
Old 2012-06-13, 11:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
SideOfBeef
Private

Originally Posted by Fab View Post
For sure i'll buy a whole new computer for PS2, my 5 years old one is really slow and I want to enjoy those sexy light effects..
I ll go for that configuration :
Intel Core i5 3570K
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti
8 Go DDR3
500 W
I'm not an expert or anything, but I think that 560 is going to hurt you. It certainly won't run the game at max settings, and what's the point of buying a whole new computer that's already behind the times?
Old 2012-06-13, 11:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Eishi
Private

Misc Info

I'm really curious about this, hope they release the info soon. Not interested in min specs, but for high settings. DX9? 11? 11 I hope.

I'm expecting to be able to run at medium with my i5 - 7850 - 16gb.
Old 2012-06-13, 11:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Fab
Sergeant

Originally Posted by SideOfBeef View Post
I'm not an expert or anything, but I think that 560 is going to hurt you. It certainly won't run the game at max settings, and what's the point of buying a whole new computer that's already behind the times?
Best quality/price ratio, that computer must not be too expensive, a thousand Euro is already a lot...
(i m re-buying everything, even windows )

Last edited by Fab; 2012-06-13 at 11:24 AM.
Old 2012-06-15, 10:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
jepaul
First Sergeant

I'm hoping for

I7 extreme at 3.3g
16 ram at 2133 DDR3
Dual ssd at raid 0
4 gig video memory

That should weed out all the idiots that cry hacks when it is actually lag or performance.

I also would ask for minimum fios at 100/100 for Internet connections.
Old 2012-06-15, 04:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
LillRutger
Private

Originally Posted by jepaul View Post
I'm hoping for

I7 extreme at 3.3g
16 ram at 2133 DDR3
Dual ssd at raid 0
4 gig video memory

That should weed out all the idiots that cry hacks when it is actually lag or performance.

I also would ask for minimum fios at 100/100 for Internet connections.

Haha, such bad trolling. You should have thought about the funny little detail that many of the people with high performance PCs have their parents pay them and in many cases are ones crying hack. MAking a connection betwee maturity and computerspecs is simply such a silly notion. Bringing up "4 gig video memory" as a point without any mention of type of memory or actual GPU even further reveals how little you know about computerspecs.

And as for 100/100 internetconnection, the game isn't even close to be needing that kind of bandwidth. And on top of that a 100/100 line is a pretty limited occurence around the world. But if you want to play a game aout huge battles with hundreds of people alone with a few select people I think you should develop a game of your own instead.

Oh, since it wouldn't surprise me if you bring up jealosy as a demeaning way to refer to this post I will simply say that that isn't it and that I am happy with my current computer
Old 2012-06-16, 03:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
jepaul
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by LillRutger View Post
Haha, such bad trolling. You should have thought about the funny little detail that many of the people with high performance PCs have their parents pay them and in many cases are ones crying hack. MAking a connection betwee maturity and computerspecs is simply such a silly notion. Bringing up "4 gig video memory" as a point without any mention of type of memory or actual GPU even further reveals how little you know about computerspecs.

And as for 100/100 internetconnection, the game isn't even close to be needing that kind of bandwidth. And on top of that a 100/100 line is a pretty limited occurence around the world. But if you want to play a game aout huge battles with hundreds of people alone with a few select people I think you should develop a game of your own instead.

Oh, since it wouldn't surprise me if you bring up jealosy as a demeaning way to refer to this post I will simply say that that isn't it and that I am happy with my current computer

I don't think you are jealous at all. I simply want a game that runs like nothing I have ever seen because I have the resources to play it. It is just where I choose to spend my money. Lot cheaper than golf. It is absolutely never going to happen but sometimes I live in my utopia and would love to never have to worry about lag or bullet travel times because everyone else is playing on the same platform I have.

The point, and obviously difficult to communicate, is that I would love to see the dev's develop the game and infrastructure to support serious hardware. Again, it won't happen because the business model won't support it but the title of this thread was system requirements. And for me, I would be ok with my listed requirements.
Old 2012-06-16, 05:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
LillRutger
Private

I don't think you are jealous at all. I simply want a game that runs like nothing I have ever seen because I have the resources to play it. It is just where I choose to spend my money. Lot cheaper than golf. It is absolutely never going to happen but sometimes I live in my utopia and would love to never have to worry about lag or bullet travel times because everyone else is playing on the same platform I have.

The point, and obviously difficult to communicate, is that I would love to see the dev's develop the game and infrastructure to support serious hardware. Again, it won't happen because the business model won't support it but the title of this thread was system requirements. And for me, I would be ok with my listed requirements.
I apoogize for the harsh tone. The sentence about idiots crying hack fired me up.

It sure would be nice to play a game with close to zero delay. Sadly the infrastructure isn't ready for that. Even with a 100/100 line you will have a delay through your ISP, to the server and recieving packets from the server. But one can always dream
Old 2012-06-17, 01:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
jepaul
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by LillRutger View Post
I apoogize for the harsh tone. The sentence about idiots crying hack fired me up.

It sure would be nice to play a game with close to zero delay. Sadly the infrastructure isn't ready for that. Even with a 100/100 line you will have a delay through your ISP, to the server and recieving packets from the server. But one can always dream
Old 2012-06-17, 08:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Flaropri
Sergeant Major

The point, and obviously difficult to communicate, is that I would love to see the dev's develop the game and infrastructure to support serious hardware.
I agree with this, but I think that, rather than high system requirements, it should be high system recommendations. Having a broad capability isn't likely to happen to the extent that we'd prefer of course, but I think it would be really cool if they could develop an engine that could run on 6 year old computers relatively fine yet could take still full advantage of a recent high-quality made rig via options and settings.

It's not likely to work out that way, but it would be cool.

As it is, for this type of title, I think it's important to make it accessible to as many people as possible, not just for the market success of the game, but also because more players makes the game more fun (most of the time).
Old 2012-06-17, 08:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
silentdeathz
Private

Originally Posted by SideOfBeef View Post
a 560ti wont max it?

Hrm, that'd surprise me honestly. I'd have expected a 560ti to max pside, but maybe I was underestimating it?
Old 2012-06-17, 09:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Boundless Pixel
Private

I'm new to he whole PC elitist thing and have no idea if my desktop will even be able to handle Planetside 2. It's a Gateway DX4300.
Old 2012-06-17, 10:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
indirect
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by ArmedZealot View Post
It's been stated that the game is going to be targeted at <5 year old hardware. So you should be fine with a modern dual core and graphics card at a minimum.
I don't know if modern applies to dual-core in the industry referenced. (I personally still have a dual core e6500...)

Yes though, what Zealot said is what's been stated. 5 year old hardware should run it (probably not @ 1920x1080)
Old 2012-06-17, 11:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Absentis
Corporal

Originally Posted by Boundless Pixel View Post
I'm new to he whole PC elitist thing and have no idea if my desktop will even be able to handle Planetside 2. It's a Gateway DX4300.
Everything but your video card and power supply (to support a new video card) should be fine. At the moment, you have an ATI Radeon HD 4650 and a 300W power supply.

You might need a new video card at least, and possibly your power supply to support the card.
Old 2012-06-18, 12:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
indirect
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Absentis View Post
Everything but your video card and power supply (to support a new video card) should be fine. At the moment, you have an ATI Radeon HD 4650 and a 300W power supply.

You might need a new video card at least, and possibly your power supply to support the card.
4650 Should (by what we know) run it. It'll look like PS1 but it should JUST run it.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions