what faction should someone join - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: PS to the U-hizzle!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions

Old 2012-08-11, 02:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Asceye
Private

Re: what faction should someone join

Originally Posted by Duskguy View Post
basically based on your playstyle. i personally like the idea of well rounded, speed based weapons/vehicles. based off e3 and alpha reviews and comments;
TR= speed. fast fire rates, fast vehicles, average/low armor? and damage is average/low
NC= power. slow fire rates, slow vehicles, heavy armor and heavy damage
VS= maneuverability. average/fast fire rates, average vehicle speeds, average/low armor and average damage (distance based?)
the VS to compensate for their average speed and average/low vehicle armor have high maneuverability in that they can strafe with their tanks and horizontal movement in their aircraft is faster than the other two factions.

personally i prefer a fast firing mid/high velocity bullet with minimal drop over the powerful, slow velocity bullet with lots of drop or the super fast velocity, lower damage over range and no drop laser.

TR= something like Rome, or England during it's Empire age. (anything to keep order)
NC= something like the Americans during the revolution. (anything for their belief)
VS= something along the lines of Japan when they met americans; they found newer, better tech and adopted and incorporated it to better themselves. (anything to advance themselves)
Ooohh thanks for summing the 3 factions up in terms of weapons / vehicles. Big help!
Old 2012-08-11, 02:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Duskguy
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Asceye View Post
Ooohh thanks for summing the 3 factions up in terms of weapons / vehicles. Big help!
you're welcome. just remember thats what the devs are aiming for, whether it ill be like that or not is anyone's best guess. and as i said, if things are as they claim they will be, i'll be TR.
Old 2012-08-14, 04:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Majik
Contributor
Sergeant Major

I joined the VS back at launch and used the pulsar. My immediate reaction was "Wait this thing shoots straight and has no recoil"..... never looked back
Old 2012-08-14, 04:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Monsta
Corporal

VS. For me it was love at first Scythe <3

Old 2012-08-14, 05:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Dkamanus
Master Sergeant

Join NC! We're the good guys. We have fat-free cookies and soda, AND free pr0nz!
Old 2012-08-14, 06:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
sgtbjack
Corporal

Honestly, I'm not going to start a political debate, but I'm chosing based on which one I can best make the stretch that I would actually be a part of, based on which I think would be the best if they where the three options in real life.
Old 2012-08-14, 08:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
Gary Oatse
Private

I think you'll find that the amount of dakka you'll have to make do with as a flunky of the VS or NC pales in comparison to that made available to the heroic soldiers of the Terran Republic.
Old 2012-08-15, 03:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
Harasus
Sergeant

The Terran Republic are obviously the best. Why? Because the New Conglomerate is led by corporations who have hired mercenaries and criminals to fight for them. They use "freedom" to rally volunteers from the population, but sensible people can see that there is no freedom behind the corporate lies. Only greed.

The Vanu Sovereignty are just insanse. They experiment with unknown technology without a single care for humanity, they do not adhere to any restrictions or any law. Some say they are trying to become aliens themselves, trying to lose their humanity and become Vanu. I know that the Vanu are dangerous people, and you should not get involved with them unless you want to lose more than your life.

The Terran Republic is currently in a state of martial law and there are no elections. While we would prefer to have elections as usual, our current situation is nothing like usual. We have dissidents in the land who wish to destabilize the colony. We have unknown technology everywhere that must be treated with outmost care. Our contact to Earth is lost, and we must keep order if we are to have any chance of survival. Compromising law and order to negotiate with the Vanu or the Corporations is not an option.
Old 2012-08-15, 08:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
Sunrock
Major

Originally Posted by Dkamanus View Post
Join NC! We're the good guys. We have fat-free cookies and soda, AND free pr0nz!
Yea right... The good guys that have no problem polluting every thing in there way and have people living in slums and working in sweatshops just to make a buck.
Old 2012-08-15, 09:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #40
Hosp
First Sergeant

The PG Empire. Hard Hitting Weapons with Fast Moving Infantry and High-Tech Tactics?
Old 2012-08-15, 09:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #41
Dkamanus
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Sunrock View Post
Yea right... The good guys that have no problem polluting every thing in there way and have people living in slums and working in sweatshops just to make a buck.
Well, while there are rotten apples, there are also good apple from this tree. Some view this movement as a true liberation movement, and, while there are corporations wanting "freedom", some of us DO believe that this freedom is needed, not for personal gains, or misleading agendas, but for the freedom that must be gained against the tyranical Terran Republic or the "superior" Vanu Sovereignty.

XD

On a side note, it was the faction with which I identified the most, ideologically wise. Yes, I always questioned myself about the New Conglomerate part, but considering the other two, I'd say this to be less of three evils...

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions