"A Striker rocket is stronger than a Decimator rocket." - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Insert penis here
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-08-04, 08:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Spider
General

for the above!

DIE!

This was for having that sig thx!
Old 2003-08-05, 01:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
Katanaboy
Master Sergeant

These weapons are better than the striker for attacking vehicular targets
First, the lancer does significantly less damage vs. armor than striker/phoenix. Second, it has its charge delay/CoF bloom which makes it hard to lead a quickly moving vehicle, and third, the person must remain stationary/move slowly to keep it as accurately as possible. I do however realize that it kills infantry in three hits, but unless the target is sitting still, it is fairly difficult to hit them.
The phoenix, while able to steer through obstacles and without line of sight, leaves the operator completely stationary, a problem that the lancer somewhat shares, but the striker does not (you can still run around as long as you keep your crosshairs on the target). Also, it must be reloaded after every shot, which means the target vehicle may be long gone by the time the next shot is fired. Third, lack of a dumbfire mode means it is harder to use in close quarters against a max (operator sits still for a moment, and he must reload after firing), a problem the striker, and to a lesser extent, the lancer, does not have.
I have tried all of the antivehicular weapons, and i dont think the lancer/phoenix are THAT much better than the striker.
Old 2003-08-05, 02:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
SandTrout
Contributor
The one, the only

I've Tried all the AV weapons with alt, as well as played against all 3 empires AV weapons with most kinds of vehicles (squitoe, reaver, harraser/enforcer, Vangaurd/Prowler, MAX, Gal) and I have this to say:

AV weapons are fine as they are, with the striker MAYBE being a little bit overpowered against MAXes.

The Striker is the only AV weapon that is half-way decent at takeing out aircraft(and remember, aircraft are Vehicles too), but is reletively crappy against ground targets. The striker is the best indoor AV weapon of the 3 empires.

The phoenix is great outdoors, but bites indoors or any reletively close range. It's harder to steer than most people give it credit for as well. However, it does a good job of scareing away reavers and killing stupid mosquitoe pilots. Killing a reaver is extreamly rare, as it takes 4 phoenix rockets in order for the pilot to loose control.

I have not used the lancer extencively, but it makes a decent MAX killer in and out doors, and is the AV weapon with the best chance against infantry(but why are you useing it against infantry anyways?). It is also great against buggies and lightnings if used by a skilled operator. Leading correctly with it is key.
Old 2003-08-05, 03:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
ghost018

Originally posted by Katanaboy
I do however realize that it kills infantry in three hits, but unless the target is sitting still, it is fairly difficult to hit them.
I enjoy Sniping. I almost wish our AV weapon was the Lancer without the ghey Star Trek laser shit, because then I wouldn't have to spend three certs on the Bolt Driver. But "fairly difficult" to hit a moving target? C'mon...a real sniper won't go for the still targets anyway unless it's another Sniper, but even then if the two people are fighting each other they'll be moving.

Even if your cursor is over a vehicle, aircraft, or even a Max, that doesn't mean you'll achieve a lock. Sheesh, this all pretty much goes back to what I and others like me have already posted here. Words for everyone to live by: You can either decide to bitch and complain about an enemy weapon or find ways to beat it.

ghost

Old 2003-08-05, 06:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
Arakiel
Sergeant Major

To rerail the thread a bit:

The decimator is difficult to use and is effective AV at short/medium range against primarily ground vehicles and MAXes.

The striker is rather easy to use and is effective AV at short/medium/long range against ground vehicles, air, and MAXes.

By the way, before you play the "BUT THE LANCER IS ANTI-INFANTRY U NOOB" card, have you noticed (at least on Emerald) that very people few actually use the lancer for AI these days? Even before the lasher changes, it was falling out of favor because it's an ineffective weapon.

As many people told me I was an amazing Quasar MAX user, I dropped the cert yesterday solely because it was only useful against NC as of late.
Old 2003-08-05, 09:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
Happy lil Elf
Contributor
Colonel

Speaking as a tank driver, both Lightning and Vanguard, I hate Lancers so god damn much. Gimme 20 grunts with strikers over 3 guys who know what they're doing with their Lancers >_<

Its eating it's food. (Incorrect use of apostrophes specifically for UV)
"Oni wont get banned, unless you get banned. Its a 2 man ticket."-Hamma to TekDragon re: his request to ban Oni. Life is good.
Old 2003-08-05, 09:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
RedArrow
Private

I think that the striker and how many situations it can be used in is over powered not how hard it hits for. But seeing there is such a large usage of the weapon it looks much much stronger than it is. Yes if you get hit with 8 strikers all at once it will blow up most things. (afterburners will out run rockets and once the lock is broke then the missle goes straight, so run around terain and you will lose it, yes 60 TR with strikers is crazy and keeps planes from the battle, there is why we do it, reavers + Infantry = Infantry death fast with no way to fight them. Tada striker now the evil reaver runs away. 50% of the time I don't fire just get missle lock to scare off planes, don't always work they still kill me alot even though I have a striker)

Striker: Inside you can use it easy with due to the lock on. Out side it works not as well due to terain but it is still extreamly effective. Long range it is great due to lock on, Med the same, short the same.

Phenox: Inside it really isn't useable effectivly. Outside it is godly due to the fact you can controll it. Long range is where it excells I would say much better than the striker here, Med range not as good but still works, here is where you need some skill. Short range pull out your jackhammer and forget about the phenox duh.

Lancer: Inside it can deal some dammage but your probly not going to win the fight. Outside It is much better seeing that it can be used like a sniper riffle. Long range it is good but you have to be a really good aim, you got to be just like a sniper. Med range fire it and and go nuts till you get run over, might as go down in a blaze of glory, hay you never know you mught get lucky. Close range No way, use the lasher.

From what it looks like to me is that the Striker will work in most situations and is the best (overpowerd if you must use nerf it words) number 2 in the "well balanced" catagory is the Phenox and the runner up in the "I never use it" catagory is the Lancer.
Old 2003-08-05, 10:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
Arakiel
Sergeant Major

Oh, by the way, here's some more food for thought..

Phoenix: Totally immobilized while firing.
Lancer: Crouch or at least stand still for accuracy.
Striker: Surge, strafe, line dance and you'll still hit.
Old 2003-08-05, 10:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
Nikodemus
Private

Simple striker fix :
Lower the clip size to 2 shots.
Old 2003-08-05, 10:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #40
Spider
General

You know its not gonna happen... the only people they boost and then nerf is us... vanu...
Old 2003-08-05, 10:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #41
NCG JMan
First Sergeant

Originally posted by Spider
for the above!

DIE!

This was for having that sig thx!
I don't get it Spider. Why are you so mad at Unreal Fenix for his sig?
Old 2003-08-05, 11:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #42
Cauldron Borne
Captain

If you hate it so much FIND WAYS TO FIGHT AGAINST IT!!!!!!! yeesh it took a fifteen year old to say it. wait no maybe ghost said it earlier. come on people! a major rule in strategy (yes this game is a tactics game) is to adapt and improvise. adapt to the annoying fact that someone is owning your tank by getting a buddy to snipe him out, or do it your self (huh? me? do something for my self? no way?!?!). geez, enough whinning.

Demon's Dragoons: we like to blow @#&$! up!

SPAM SONG! (Yes, it DOES exist kiddies.)
Old 2003-08-05, 11:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #43
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

Just because you are satisfied with mediocrity doesnt mean the reast of us should be. As we all know Planetside was released still beta. Just now are things starting to settle down a bit after massive changes. We still need the AA change and there are other issues but the Dev team is there to fix stuff that is out of whack because it wasnt properly ballanced before release.
Old 2003-08-05, 12:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
Arakiel
Sergeant Major

Originally posted by Cauldron Borne
If you hate it so much FIND WAYS TO FIGHT AGAINST IT!!!!!!! yeesh it took a fifteen year old to say it. wait no maybe ghost said it earlier. come on people! a major rule in strategy (yes this game is a tactics game) is to adapt and improvise. adapt to the annoying fact that someone is owning your tank by getting a buddy to snipe him out, or do it your self (huh? me? do something for my self? no way?!?!). geez, enough whinning.
It's not just that you're self-righteous, it's that you think you're shedding divine light onto the situation *and* you're self-righteous while doing so.

Gasp - you mean we can adapt to things? The idea is that the striker should not cause every MAX and/or reaver to drop the certs in frustration as their method of adaptation.
Old 2003-08-05, 12:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
Spider
General

Originally posted by =NCG=JMan
I don't get it Spider. Why are you so mad at Unreal Fenix for his sig?
Because all your base are belong to us is annoying it's ofn and bug the shit out of me

It's the devil!!!

My feelings in a pictographic way!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion