Improvement: Vehicle Animations - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: What if we started calling him 'Hammer'...?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2013-04-09, 10:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
leifnielsen
Corporal

Vehicle Animations

The animations for all the guns in this game are really good. From replacing a clip to chambering a round, it's something you don't even really take notice of normally because it's conducive to the flow of the game and promotes complete immersion in the world.

This effect is thrown off completely when driving a Flash or Sunderer. It's jarring. If there has to be a first person view for these vehicles, why not make the animations consistent with the quality of the rest?

Not only do the Flash's handlebars turn by themselves, but there are literally 3 frames of animation for them. Left, Middle, Right. If I can see my hands on my gun, why can't I see my hands on my handlebars? Can you imagine what it would look like if all the gun animations were treated the same way?

Same thing with the Sunderer, except the Sunderer's steering wheel doesn't turn at all. It's just a single, stagnant picture of a cockpit.

I understand this is a Free to Play model and certain things are supposed to be overlooked, but how do they have time to program "particle turbulence", which most people can't even see...when the basic animations aren't even complete yet?

P.S. - This does not imply that I don't like particle turbulence. I do.
Old 2013-04-09, 11:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Gonefshn
Contributor
Major

Re: Vehicle Animations

I don't think anyone would argue these are bad suggestions but I feel like these are non issues compared to fixing the actually game itself.

Many $60 games are designed in this way it doesn't bother me at all.
Old 2013-04-09, 12:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
leifnielsen
Corporal

Originally Posted by Gonefshn View Post
I don't think anyone would argue these are bad suggestions but I feel like these are non issues compared to fixing the actually game itself.

Many $60 games are designed in this way it doesn't bother me at all.
True. There are more important issues. I just feel like this should've been done in the beginning and it's been skipped.
Old 2014-08-17, 07:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
jeremyperegoy
Private

How about for the galaxy, having the hatch open for troops to enter and seat them selves, then re-opening to allow troops to "jump" and or exit.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault