Br20^ - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where god is underpowered
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

View Poll Results: Should we be able to go over BR20?
Yes this would be great! 27 65.85%
No this would be horrible! 5 12.20%
Im crazy and i like having a limit on my certy points! 9 21.95%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2003-08-09, 01:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
knifeman2005
Private

Br20^

We should be able to go over BR20. Im going to need more certy points than 20. I need to get more things so i can kill some people instead of dying every two seconds.
Old 2003-08-09, 02:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
00AgentDuck
Sergeant Major

I agree with you, 20 br is way to small a br. Some people have already maxed out both br and cr and there's not much else they can do but kill people, help there squad and outfit, and fool around. Also I think that since they plan on coming out with more stuff then the need for a higher br comes into play.

Im going to need more certy points than 20. I need to get more things so i can kill some people instead of dying every two seconds.
Well you start off with 4 br at level one and I heard that in the end you have 23 (some people think you have 24 in the end but if you think about it at level 0 you would have 3 cert points, at level one you would have 4, so you end up with 23). And also I think cert points just make things easier instead of making a person more powerful. You won't die every two seconds if your really skilled and also you won't die to often as long as you have some way to heal and a good weapon or vechilce. But I still agree with you that level 20 br is too small.
Old 2003-08-09, 03:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
dscytherulez
Lieutenant Colonel

Yeah, I think they should up it to around 25-30. You wouldnt want it too high though or everyone would have the best of everything eventually. The reason it's the way it is, is so people have to be classes instead of a bit of everything. But i definately think it should be upped a little bit. If anything it would improve the use of vehicles...
Old 2003-08-09, 05:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Pyrrus
Private

Some argue that allowing us to have all the certs would create more solo players. I would tend to disagree. I think it would help open up the squads flexiablity. I have never done the calcs to see what level a person would have to be to have all the certs but why not let us have them all if we earn them. As you approach level 20 the experience curve grows exponentially. Can you imagine how hard it would be to get to level 35. A lot of the people that played this game were students out for summer vacation. So there should be a lot of level 20's running around about now. If the cap was raised to allow for all the certs it may take many till christmas to reach the ceiling. Just in time for the release of EQ2 and maybe PS expansions. As it is now I'm seeing players leave out of boredom. The challenge is no longer there for them.

I was fortuante enough to have been chosen back in the exclusive beta days. We all started out as level 20, no 24 hour timers and I had a blast. It would be nice to have that type of structure put back into the game. I don't think balance would become an issue as long as the developers maintain their current checks on the weapon systems. Remember when the liberator was introduced. Seemed like every other person out there had to try it. The answer to that was people also recerted into reavors and ai weapons. As the liberator novelity wore off so did the aa maxs, weapons and number of reavors in the sky. This game has a fairly nice system of maintaining an even playing field. So I say let us have all the certs. Were here to have fun.

Let the games begin,
Pyrrus
Old 2003-08-09, 05:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
ghost018

I can see it now....

"BR30 lfs: Combat Engineering // Advanced Medical // Advanced Hacking // Reinforced // Heavy Assault // Anti-Vehicular // Sniping // Marauder // Reaver."

ghost

By the way, the game doesn't revovle around experience and leveling. Battle should be the reason we play. I know all BR20/CR5 Terran on Markov would agree with me when I say the fight is what we live for.

To re-close a dead issue, the Devs have stated that the only time they'd consider raising the Battle Rank cap would be if much more certifications were released and they felt the average player needed more points.

Last edited by ghost018; 2003-08-09 at 05:44 PM.

Old 2003-08-09, 06:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
TheRegurgitator
Major

i agree but the problem is they would need more certs and the devs are lazy...
Old 2003-08-09, 06:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Peacemaker
Contributor
Major General

Ive said it once and Ill say it again. To have every cert not including the new vehicals jsut stock game certs would require 55 - 60 BR. I think that BR20 right now is perfect. Wait for more certs thenI would agree on a 6 - 10 br increase, preferbly 6.
Old 2003-08-09, 11:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
JetRaiden
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

the whole point of the game is that no single person could have EVERYTHING. thats the idea. you have to specialize. limiting it to BR20 is good because you really have to think about what to spend cert points on...
Old 2003-08-10, 12:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Hamma
PSU Admin

BR20+ wont happen until there are allot more certs

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-08-10, 01:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Give a cert for CR1 through 4 and an extra implant for CR5. This is such a mindlessly simple yet elegant solution that even I thought of it.

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

PlanetSide player, retired
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion