Startup Inv. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Help! Im trapped inside this MAX!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-02-13, 11:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Subliminal
First Sergeant

Startup Inv.

When you guys first play what is your inventory gonna be?
I hope to weild a Guass and keep an AMP handy as well. Im gonna stay an infantry man unless i go pilot so ill eventually move up to using a Guass, a Jackhammer, and AMP or maybe the NC scatter pistol, and the Mag cutter for when dicin up a biotch is the last resort
Old 2003-02-13, 11:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
BaD
Private

Depending on who i join, ill either have a mini and a bolt driver or a phoenix and a bolt driver.

The devs said they were gonna make some changes to the rockets on the phoenix itll probably be nerfed down to barely being able to move it around, taking out all the possibilities for surprise attacks around hills and such. Thats what makes me lean towards tr, hopefully ill be able to light a room or hallway etc like i use to in the original AvP.
Old 2003-02-13, 11:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Tobias
I'm with the Vanu

Bolt driver, and if I can steal one a cycler if not a Vanu rifle all the way, with beamer and medical tool in pistol slots.
Old 2003-02-13, 11:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Subliminal
First Sergeant

I think what the devs said is the Pheonix is way too powerful, hopefully they mean all they are gonna do is dummy down the damage a bit. Maybe if they rocket currently turns on a dime they will just adjust it so it has a smaller turning radius which makes sense to me because something going forward that fast wont just turn a 90deg angle and whip around turns.
Old 2003-02-13, 11:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
BaD
Private

I got from what he said that they were way too good on handling, and that it was gonna be altered. From my experience in eq, i know how it is to get nerfed non stop 24/7, you get somethin cool then bam out comes the nerf bat Ill have to wait to see what the live stage of the game is like to make my decision on what team to go for.

If i had to be aiming at practically the same spot i wanna hit with it, it defeats the purpose as im in the open standing still while im piloting the missile. I dun want it to be all super missile flyin around the corners or anything.

AuTo|BaD
Old 2003-02-13, 12:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Kyonye
Contributor
General

Originally posted by Destroyeron
I'm gonna have a Cycler, maybe a mini-chain gun, but a Bolt-Driver mostly.
i'm going to have a bolt driver too, but, with the one body shot type deal where its the same amount of damage for any part of the body, they have completely rendereed the effect of what the point is for the bolt driver.

<Smaug> omg kyonye is hot
Old 2003-02-13, 12:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
BaD
Private

Originally posted by Kyonye
i'm going to have a bolt driver too, but, with the one body shot type deal where its the same amount of damage for any part of the body, they have completely rendereed the effect of what the point is for the bolt driver.
If anything theyve made it better, just think about it, the only people one can really cap with one shot were lights right? so whether or not you can get a hs doesnt matter. Its not gonna be relatively easy to sit in a field and snipe by yourself anyways, most people will be in vehicles and the direction fire is incoming from is show on your crosshair, did you see the vids that showed all the red arrows? So basically a one shot kill isnt gonna help much when you only get one shot before everyone and their brother knows where you are.

The usefulness of a sniper would be to get the imaging module and pick off the weak assaulters of a base, IMO ofcourse. If anything they just made it a lot easier for you to get a shot on someone, chest v helmet.
Old 2003-02-13, 12:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Kyonye
Contributor
General

a sniper rifle is supposed to be a very powerful one-shot weapon. making it seem like an assault rifle kills it. thats my opinion. hell maybe i'll change my opinion once i use it. for now, i odn't like it. they better give us alot of bullets for the freaking weapon and not be like BF42 where the sniper gets 15 rounds total.

<Smaug> omg kyonye is hot
Old 2003-02-13, 01:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Deadlock
Contributor
First Lieutenant

the bolt driver has the potential to still be a very dominating weapon. no one shot kills just helps push the teamwork necessity (sp?) a squad of 10 snipers could easily take out guards of a base by double or triple teaming shots on a person. this tatic would also make it difficult to see where shots are coming from if u have the squad scattered around the base
Old 2003-02-13, 01:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
BaD
Private

A one shot kill might be more realistic, but it might also overpower the sniper in the grand scheme of things. Why bother with a firefight when we can all snipe? Next thing you know this game would be like that movie, enemy at the gates. Its probably just all balancing issues..

AuTo|BaD
Old 2003-02-13, 01:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
txMaddog
Corporal

Beamer and Suppressor to start, going to focus on Medic/Repair certs then worry about heavier weapons.

Will probably eventually be packing, Beamer, Pulsar and Thumper once I get all my support certs out of the way.

West Coast Planetside Server
"If it's not Flashy and in High Style then what's the point?!?!" - B.D.N.
Old 2003-02-13, 02:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Arshune
Captain

I'll be a MAX with an inventory of nothing but ammo and have my 56k-monkeys heal me.

From what I've heard about the game, it'd probably be possible to be a MAX by like rank 2 or 3...not too bad.

-Our principal is SO hardcore.
Old 2003-02-13, 02:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
BLuE_ZeRO
l33t Whore
#manlove op

I'm going to carry a chainblade and that's it. I'll be in standard armor.
Old 2003-02-13, 02:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
AcidNick
Private

scatter pistol and a good ol' knife
Old 2003-02-13, 04:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
DuDeMaN
Private

Cycler, Repeater, and a good ol' fashion shotgun, the Fletchette Rifle.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion