One last hurrah! - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Nuff Said...
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2012-05-13, 07:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
raykor
Private

One last hurrah!

Old topic but don't care...

Despite all its flaws…I would love one final stint in classic Planetside with huge populations. The only way I can see that happening is if SOE were to reactivate all old accounts for 90 days AND give every player a few invites so they could introduce this classic gem to their friends. From a practical perspective, it would be a hell of a marketing tactic for the sequel.
Old 2012-05-13, 07:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Immigrant
First Lieutenant

Re: One last hurrah!

Originally Posted by raykor View Post
Old topic but don't care...

Despite all its flaws…I would love one final stint in classic Planetside with huge populations. The only way I can see that happening is if SOE were to reactivate all old accounts for 90 days AND give every player a few invites so they could introduce this classic gem to their friends. From a practical perspective, it would be a hell of a marketing tactic for the sequel.
Wrong subforum - this should be in PS1. But yes, I'm new and I'd like to taste the previous game too yet I'm not willing to pay for it since it's too much for even though unique to be honest very outdated game.
Old 2012-05-13, 07:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Zulthus
Colonel

Originally Posted by Immigrant View Post
Wrong subforum - this should be in PS1. But yes, I'm new and I'd like to taste the previous game too yet I'm not willing to pay for it since it's too much for even though unique to be honest very outdated game.
It's just 15 bucks. That's not a lot. There are still enough people playing to justify that cost once in a while.
Old 2012-05-13, 07:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
BorisBlade
First Lieutenant

i still have far more fun playin PS1 than BF and the like, in fact i dont even play those other games. They are too simplistic and braindead. Tis why I hope they stop tryin to copy those games with PS2 or i wont have anything at all to play with PS1 goin away.
Waiting for the return of the superior, real PS style teamwork oriented vehicles with drivers not gunning, and in fixed vehicle slots so we can once again have real, epic, vehicle battles where the tanks actually move in combat rather than a silly 1700's era line up and shoot.
Old 2012-05-13, 08:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Zekeen
Major

Basti actually suggested this 3 months ago. But I agree, we should be given a free month or so of PS1 to rebuild veteran hype.

Veterans are 10x more likely to buy cosmetic items - we paid for PS1, with PS2 f2p, we got money and love for a game that we could hardly do without. So giving a chance to build veteran hype would help advertise PS2 for vets that still haven't peeked out from under their rock. Maybe 1 month at some point allow PS1 reserves back and such too. I just wanna scratch an itch till the cure goes beta is all.
Old 2012-05-13, 08:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Soothsayer
Contributor
Sergeant Major

I think we all got 45 days due to the sony hack. Pops were okay then, ofc not like they were at launch but there were some good fights.
Old 2012-05-13, 08:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Zulthus
Colonel

Originally Posted by Soothsayer View Post
I think we all got 45 days due to the sony hack. Pops were okay then, ofc not like they were at launch but there were some good fights.
Not to mention all of the poplocks and warpgate queues...
Old 2012-05-14, 05:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Logri
Contributor
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Zekeen View Post
Basti actually suggested this 3 months ago. But I agree, we should be given a free month or so of PS1 to rebuild veteran hype.

Veterans are 10x more likely to buy cosmetic items - we paid for PS1, with PS2 f2p, we got money and love for a game that we could hardly do without. So giving a chance to build veteran hype would help advertise PS2 for vets that still haven't peeked out from under their rock. Maybe 1 month at some point allow PS1 reserves back and such too. I just wanna scratch an itch till the cure goes beta is all.
Wholeheartedly approved, I'm gonna buy so much cosmetic stuff people are gonna think I stand on street corners at night.
Being a vet (started playing during beta) i'm looking forward to all the customization, don't care how much it will cost me and veteran hype would be awesome.
Old 2012-05-14, 01:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Death2All
Major

Misc Info

It would be really great if SOE could give out some free time again this summer.

The game's (most likely) last summer

Death2AllVS/TR/NC
Rekeer
AliENaTiON
Old 2012-05-26, 12:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Task
Private

yup still enjoying the game a lot. Waiting for PS2
Old 2012-05-31, 10:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
raykor
Private

Spending $15 is not the problem. It is that…

1. The populations will be really small unless EVRYONE has their account reactivated

2. I have been getting some friends psyched for PS2 and would love to spend a little time in classic PS showing them the concept of this game, but you can’t buy a new client anymore (it is amazing how many people have never even heard of Planetside)
Old 2012-06-01, 03:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Graywolves
General

Originally Posted by raykor View Post
(it is amazing how many people have never even heard of Planetside)
Sometimes I tell people and then they find out that their brother/sister played the original or is hyping the sequel, yet somehow they themselves never became aware of it.

No idea how that happens.
Old 2012-06-03, 07:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Crator
Major General

I agree on giving previously subbed players some free play time. But giving any sort of F2P access such as The Reserves program will not, and should not happen. It will be a hacker fest if they do...

This request was posted on the SOE PS1 forums months ago and a forum mod responded to it saying he would bring it up in a meeting but nothing came of it.
Old 2012-06-03, 10:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Seped
Private

I'm still playing in hopes for a early seat in the beta, also have an all access account.
Old 2012-06-03, 10:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

Didn't the Gemini server recently get moved to Cali? I remember hearing some east coasts player's ping going way up. If this is true, then PS1 is all ready dead to me.

If not, I'm in
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion