Cockpit View - [Now Forced per Higby] - Page 8 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Once you're staff, you never go back.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: Should cockpit view be forced?
Yes 287 77.36%
No 84 22.64%
Voters: 371. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-04-16, 09:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #106
Stew
Major

Re: Cockpit View - should it be forced? More options.

Originally Posted by Sobekeus View Post
Lol at all the people that want to wallhack their internet helicopters.
Agree lol thumbs up

All those kids who whine about cockpit want their aircraft to be a Floating camera thats so lame !
Old 2012-04-16, 09:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #107
Stew
Major

[IMG][/IMG]

thats confirme cockpit ON force End of the story Good job
Old 2012-04-16, 09:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #108
Knocky
Major

Gratz to the Forced view peeps.

mhigby2
will do! RT @xStew360x: @mhigby please force cokpit view ON while in 1rst person thanks
Old 2012-04-16, 09:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #109
Stew
Major

Originally Posted by WildVS View Post
Would seem sort of obvious that if they poured the resources into creating the detailed cockpit models they would intend on you seeing them all the time. I believe it's the same situation with the game's flora, it cannot be turned off.
Same with battlefield 3 Cockpit force on !

but i remember how disapointed i was when battlefront 2 came out with no cockpit view just a damned floating camera while in 1rst person i had no feel to b in a x-xing Or any star wars ship i had to turn it in 3rd person to actually have a feel atached to it !

battlefront 1 had a great cockpit view and thats help to feel the vehicules u feel thats ur in a jet instead of a floating camera !

For those who are using the Air vehicukles to actually make so youtube moovies wou will be batter to have multiple people doing video and make a montage of it or using the 3rd person view or even better the foot soldiers view to make those !
Old 2012-04-16, 09:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #110
Carbanu
Contributor
Corporal

By all means with a engine worth showing off this time around, flaunt it if you got it.
Old 2012-04-16, 09:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #111
cellinaire
Captain

I think the real problem arises only when some players are forced to use cockpit view while other players are forced to use HUD view/ or free to toggle on and off.
Let players to have freedom of choice. Let players have fun, competitiveness, and immersion. You just can't say all of gamers in the world are stat-whores. Let explorer-type players have their freedom, also.

togglable or forced, as long as a criterion applies to everyone, can either be not bad. If a player or an outfit really care about balance, I guess all of them will toggle off the cockpit view when going out to fight unless some members are not that smart. If anyone in the team intentionally want to hinder the action of his or her own team, he/she can still do that in forced settings.

Finally, PS2 isn't lobby/room FPS. So, in the long run, toggling won't prevail as noticeable disadvantage to any particular faction or outfit I guess.

Just my 2cents.

Last edited by cellinaire; 2012-04-16 at 09:51 PM.
Old 2012-04-16, 10:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #112
cryosin
Master Sergeant

I say es. Either force it or don't have one.

If you don't force it no one will ever leave it on. I see it similar to the weather effects and night/day mode. If you design game-play around environments then the cockpit is another environment you have to play with.
Old 2012-04-16, 10:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #113
cellinaire
Captain

Originally Posted by cryosin View Post
I say es. Either force it or don't have one.

If you don't force it no one will ever leave it on. I see it similar to the weather effects and night/day mode. If you design game-play around environments then the cockpit is another environment you have to play with.
The bolded part here is one of the exact reasons why I think toggle function for everyone is also understandable. And it's not like the transition from Cockpit view to HUD view takes several minutes. IMHO, comparing to weather system or day/night cycle is not fair.

But in the end, I'm fine with 'Forced' option. Just wrote my idle musings so far...

(and there won't be silly abilities that boost a pilot's attack speed or damage only in cockpit mode, or vehicle speed increase only in HUD mode. Or few silly mind-control abilities which doesn't allow a victim to toggle for a limited time. Even if cockpit view mode isn't forced, how can one enemy exploit or take advantage of it? I'm unsure...)

Last edited by cellinaire; 2012-04-16 at 10:19 PM.
Old 2012-04-16, 10:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #114
Zulthus
Colonel

Yet another round of applause to our great developers.

Old 2012-04-16, 10:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #115
davek
Private

awesome this is exactly what i was looking for i vote yes
Old 2012-04-16, 11:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #116
CutterJohn
Colonel

To all those people who claim it gives an advantage, I presume you also now want to get rid of a variable field of view as well, and kill support for 3 monitor setups? Because those give an advantage as well.

I wouldn't mind if it wasn't such a crappy cockpit. No offense to whoever made it, but that framework is ridiculously thick, and any decent engineering job would have just made that a bubble canopy. That cockpit is the obvious result of someone designing something with absolutely zero thought given to its function. And let me guess.. The VS fighter is going to have those prongs out front that serve no purpose other than blocking vision be visible too, right?

Ugh.. This has been a bad couple weeks for me. I'm a vehicle whore from PS1, and between badly designed cockpits being mandatory, and no 3rd person for ground vehicles.. yeah. My enthusiasm just took a huge hit.

Now all we need is some ridiculous shader for tanks cockpit view that makes it look like you are watching a tv from the 50s...

Last edited by CutterJohn; 2012-04-17 at 12:21 AM.
Old 2012-04-17, 12:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #117
Stew
Major

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
To all those people who claim it gives an

I wouldn't mind if it wasn't such a crappy cockpit. No offense to whoever made it, but that framework is ridiculously thick, and any decent engineering job would have just made that a bubble canopy.

Now all we need is some ridiculous shader for tanks cockpit view that makes it look like you are watching a tv from the 50s...
I dont want to fly a camera i want to feel thats i flight something and also the pics is not exactly representative of the view itself becaue as u can see the possition of the hud aiming thing is all the way down low so i guess when u look al the way up or when u get altitude the cockpit look like this ! And for me its perfectly fine !

And i like it !

Flying cameras are for lazy dev ! SOE arent lazy
Old 2012-04-17, 12:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #118
IronMole
Sergeant Major

I vote for cockpit forced. Those who don't, learn to adapt.

Remember, this isn't Planetside.
Old 2012-04-17, 12:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #119
Stew
Major

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
job would have just made that a bubble canopy. That cockpit is the obvious result of someone designing something with absolutely zero thought given to its function

As u can see this cockpit view is pretty acurate based on the mosquito its not a pure buble there is actualy those two side bar !
Old 2012-04-17, 12:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #120
CutterJohn
Colonel

Originally Posted by Stew View Post
I dont want to fly a camera i want to feel thats i flight something and also the pics is not exactly representative of the view itself becaue as u can see the possition of the hud aiming thing is all the way down low so i guess when u look al the way up or when u get altitude the cockpit look like this ! And for me its perfectly fine !

And i like it !

Flying cameras are for lazy dev ! SOE arent lazy
Then don't fly a camera. Request a decent cockpit view that does not overly restrict your view by spending 25% of the screen on superfluous detail that has no reason for existing.

The problem with games is they are always trying to 'prove' how realistic they are by taking up more of the already greatly restricted field of view. Its like driving from the 1st person view in car games. Absolutely nothing at all like the real thing, and just makes it seem claustrophobic.

Originally Posted by Stew View Post
As u can see this cockpit view is pretty acurate based on the mosquito its not a pure buble there is actualy those two side bar !
Yes, I know. They have no purpose for being there. You can make bubble canopies that shape. The model was designed to look cool, not for any sort of functionality. Then they based the cockpit off the model, and now we have to deal with it. Lol.. I can't wait to mouselook around that(which would be the only reason to have 3d cockpits).. Extremely thick horizontal bars at eye level, and absolutely zero visibility to the rear...

I can't wait to see what the Reavers cockpit is going to look like, either. The bracing on that one is just ridiculous. And as previously mentioned, the vanu has the 'block my vision please' cylon raider styling.

Last edited by CutterJohn; 2012-04-17 at 12:47 AM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion