what faction should someone join - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Cake > Pie
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions

Old 2012-08-02, 09:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
KimJongLulz
Banned

Re: what faction should someone join

I was Vanu at first...then I heard the sound tracks...

Terran Republic today.
Old 2012-08-03, 02:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Director Gowe
Private

you wont last.
I got my NC mates with me.
You wont last a day.
Old 2012-08-05, 06:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
selmu
Private

Its simple, be a men and join the TR, courage discipline and order is the way to go.

But its like the guy say all empires are bad, actualy good or bad is a matter of point of view.

Every soldier is a puppet, TR goverment puppets, NC Puppets for big companys, and VS puppets of an misterious alien race(thats is what i think).
Old 2012-08-05, 11:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Minigun
Staff Sergeant

I played Vanu for the pewpew when I was 12. When I got to the age of reason I joined TR and never looked back.

Never liked NC, far too many elitist with their "I'm a good shot so i use less bullets with OP weapons. I don't need a team because I'm awesome." That works all up until TR come steamrolling over a hill with 300+ organized people crushing everything in their path.
Old 2012-08-06, 09:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Nachtschicht
Private

Terran Republic rules
Old 2012-08-06, 10:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Graf
Private

They all have their ups and downs. I prefer NC and VS due to their art and base playstyle. Though because of certs, you can make any playstyle you want from each Empire. I would go with which art style you like, and what types of traits you have as a person. I like technology and freedom, thus I like NC and VS. So really, whatever looks the coolest and whoever you share the most traits with, though I bet the people who play as TR like freedom just as much as NC people. It's just a giant roleplaying thing. I would shop around the forums for outfits and join one, of any Empire, that you figure you would get along with most and have most fun with, and it's a bonus if the characters look cool too.
Old 2012-08-06, 01:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Lizard Lips
Private

Originally Posted by Noctis View Post
Check the trailer, the hero guy is obiviously in the best faction.
You mean the NC weenie that gets spanked by his VS superior in the end?

In response to the OP, check out the videos, read the wiki and such. Just pick the one that appeals to you the most. But, at the end of the day, if you have buddies going into PS2, just pick something togeather. While moaning about your favorite faction is great fun, it's your mates you play with that really makes the game (for me at least).
Old 2012-08-06, 01:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Zilork
Private

NC Definitely
Old 2012-08-06, 01:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
GTGD
First Sergeant

newb conglomerate
Old 2012-08-06, 01:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
berzerkerking
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by berzerkerking
Abandon your fear. Look forward. Move forward and never stop. You'll age if you pull back. You'll die if you hesitate." ...
~Zangetsu

The Vanu Sovereignity don't claim to be the only enforcers of what is right, or that they give absolute freedom, but they do claim to be unafraid of progress, and that is why I follow.
[/QUOTE]
Old 2012-08-06, 01:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
KimJongLulz
Banned

too bad the vanu want to slaughter everyone that doesnt see their super duper future of turning the human race into slavering alien puppets.
Old 2012-08-08, 09:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Duskguy
Staff Sergeant

basically based on your playstyle. i personally like the idea of well rounded, speed based weapons/vehicles. based off e3 and alpha reviews and comments;
TR= speed. fast fire rates, fast vehicles, average/low armor? and damage is average/low
NC= power. slow fire rates, slow vehicles, heavy armor and heavy damage
VS= maneuverability. average/fast fire rates, average vehicle speeds, average/low armor and average damage (distance based?)
the VS to compensate for their average speed and average/low vehicle armor have high maneuverability in that they can strafe with their tanks and horizontal movement in their aircraft is faster than the other two factions.

personally i prefer a fast firing mid/high velocity bullet with minimal drop over the powerful, slow velocity bullet with lots of drop or the super fast velocity, lower damage over range and no drop laser.

TR= something like Rome, or England during it's Empire age. (anything to keep order)
NC= something like the Americans during the revolution. (anything for their belief)
VS= something along the lines of Japan when they met americans; they found newer, better tech and adopted and incorporated it to better themselves. (anything to advance themselves)
Old 2012-08-08, 10:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
codylee
Private

Duskguy is the only one who is putting the facts up there most of the other guys listing empires is just trash talk or typing stuff they know nothing about
Old 2012-08-09, 12:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
Kalledorn
Private

Besides the lore and faction info that everyone else is saying, what do you see yourself in when you look at the video's? When I saw the Vanu or TR units, I just couldn't see myself in one of their MAX units or riding in one of their tanks.

On the other hand, any time I saw an NC unit, be it a soldier or vehicle, I really liked what I saw. Personally, I have a certain idea of how I should look in a certain game, a style that just says "me". I say find out what that is and go for it. In the end, all three factions have alot of good people in them that will make this game great.
Old 2012-08-09, 08:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
Duskguy
Staff Sergeant

i can see myself in the mosquito doing quick strafe runs in a group since thats how i like to play. BF3 on xbox made me appreciate a wingman so much more than pc BF2 did. and all my strafe runs woul be quick and dirty leaving the ground targets no time to retaliate. and the fact that the speed will allow you to outrun everything else also has its appeal.

as i stated with the rifle example in my previous post, in BF3 my favorite sniper was the M98B which has fast bullet velocity, minimal drop and like all the other BF3 rifles, took 2 hits to kill to the chest in normal mode. the rifle reloaded slower, but the TR verion seems like it should be similar except that it reloads quicker. and im sure there will be a cert or two that will allow me to trade off reload speed for damage or something.

tanks.... i love tanks. the idea of a multi barrel mid damge tank with reasonably light armor compared to the other tanks is fine with me. again, BF3 tanks take only 2, possibly 3 hits before they die, so utilize tactics to not get hit... and the TR tank's speed will apply to my style of drive in hit hard and get back out quick before taking too much damage. and there will be no disables in P2, so i dont need to worry about not being able to retreat.

as for the infantry, the TR suits could look better, the NC suits overall look better in my opinion, but the TR ones arent bad and i like some of them better than the NC suits anyway.

overall, i can see myself as TR easily. its my play style. and how often are you going to see your own suit in a fps anyway.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions