Please help a wronged individual by simply posting a thread in the general discussion - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Real men dont use Jetpacks!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2003-06-18, 11:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
teratravp
Corporal

the 'serpus' guy seems to be trolling. it sucks to be the one person who couldn't resist the bait, or perhaps was standing up for themself enough to get fucked over by sony's BS 'policies'. sorry to hear that, I heard of cases in the first week where people were banned as well for complaining about the game, so SOE is showing they can be pretty disgusting when they want to be and totally abuse their so-called right to control the community.

You were in the wrong as far as posting gameplay issues in the general chat forum, I don't know why you would bother or expect them to be paid attention to there... but the guy was obviously trolling.

the problem is jerkfire over there apparently is amused in an ironic way by the guy's antics, but that's at the expense of all the people who are being annoyed by him so way to do your job, spork.

update on what happens here, I'll be interested to know how SOE handles this. I'm thinking of getting the game in 6 months if it's a game at that point but if I keep hearing these disturbing incidents of russian roulette banning, then screw those ridiculous aholes. I don't work all day under pressure and rules and regulation to get on my computer and have another boss. I rarely run into problems online or in games, but if I do I don't go looking for some mod or internet police to save me, what a bunch of garbage and I can't believe they would consider screwing with people's money over such ambiguity. they could end up in a class action lawsuit of banned players if you think about it.
Old 2003-06-18, 11:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Prowler
PSU Realdoll

Originally posted by LNS0388
Serpus didn't violate the TOS. He's just the lighthearted humor on the forums, you were told by Spork specifically not to push the issue, and you persisted. For this reason, I really have no sympathy for you.
I concur.
Old 2003-06-18, 11:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
dipietro
Corporal

I pushed nothing after he said that
infact, if you go back and look
my only thread after that, the one entitled "Thank you sporkfire" for addressing the issue
was the one that got me banned
get a clue,
and dont you dare stick up for such an obvious violator of the rules as serpus,

Please, can anyone post this?
I have BEEN BANNED from playing THE GAME, not just posting,

feel sorry for me or not, this is wrong

I merely brought up the fact this kid should be dealt with, and HE SHOULD
his humor isnt lighthearted,
its vulgar, rude, and insulting.
I brought that up, I was banned

this isnt right, and I dont deserve it
your a fricken jerk for even saying that and defending such a individual as serpus.

anyone who doubts me, and actually believs this kid,
please, just goto the planetside forums, and look at who has roughly 10 threads ON THE FIRST PAGE, none of which are meant for anything but to annoy, bother, spam, incite, and troll...

THis is wrong, totally wrong,
I should atleast be able to play,
all I did was bring up a legitimate issue
there is special treatment on those boards,
I see it more than ever now
but I cant believe they would KICK ME FROM THE GAME, for pointing it out...
i just cant

it must be an accident, will anyone post this for me please?
Old 2003-06-18, 11:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
dipietro
Corporal

This is wrong, and you both know it
if you go back and read, you'll see,
I posted nothing about him that was harrassing,
I said he was "garbage"
but thats hardly worth being banned over,

he violates the TOS everytime he post 10 threads an hour,

I brought this up, and the fact he gets special treatment, and a lot of us there are tired of him,
I was banned for doing so,

This is wrong, you know it, I know it, everyone on those boards knows it

but they dont know I WAS BANNED FROM PLAYING THE GAME, because I decided to ask why serpus was still around.
Old 2003-06-18, 11:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Jakal
Staff Sergeant

I dont pretend to anything about the situation BUT i do know that if your paying money for something it shouldnt be taken away just because you said something someone didnt like. I mean come on guy just paid 50 bucks to buy a game and have fun. Apparently something ticked him off and he said something. And that gets him banned? Thats like getting executed for shoplifting. (Not the greatest analogy ever but it was all i could think of). Any way if he deserves a punishment (dipietro) then ban him from the boards. But dont take away something he paid hard earned money for.
Old 2003-06-18, 11:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
EarlyDawn
Major General

You would think that his humor is rude, wouldn't you? Well, I find it entertaining. I also find it entertaining that you think I'm a jerk for taking his side. You're the guy who just can't deal with what you can't control.

It's also humorous how you feel you've been so wronged. If Spork said for you to drop it, don't bring it up again ,even if you're only thanking him. It will look inflamatory, that is common sense.

Why don't you apologize to Spork via email, and possibly apologize to Serpus as well? It would probably patch the situation that you started and you perpetuated .
Old 2003-06-18, 11:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
teratravp
Corporal

oh yeah and if worse comes to worse talk to your credit card company. they are usually pretty good about recovering your money in a case where you feel wronged by a company or whatever...
Old 2003-06-18, 11:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
dipietro
Corporal

no, listen
dont believe these guys
see for yourselves
please
goto the planetside forums
see what serpus post, see how many of them are on the front pages
i think theres CLOSE to 20 on the first two pages,
NOT one has any reason for being there, NOT ONE,
if thats not spamming or trolling, I dont know what is
Its been like this for weeks too

I finally decided to address it publicly,
a lot of people agreed with me
the developers didnt, I guess they prefer a mindless post bumping a legit gripe off the boards...its saves them time from addressing the issues

either way, I deserved to get banned from the game, for what I wrote? when others have OBVIOUSLY written far worst, and are still there?
Serpus, with his 20 threads today, should stil be allowed to post, while my 3 or 4 threads ABOUT POSSIBLY PUTTING A CAP ON THIS KID, was deserving of BANNING ME FROM BEING ABLE TO PLAY?
if you say yes, I can only assume your a jerk.
cause theres no reason I shouldnt be able to play right now
none
and theres especially no reason someone who spams the boards for weeks straight should STILL BE ON
especially when theres people like me bringing it up (And getting banned for it)
Old 2003-06-18, 11:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
dipietro
Corporal

thank you dagor, I want to see what he says, and why I was banned from playing for bringin serpus's violations up
Old 2003-06-18, 11:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
dipietro
Corporal

spork does not list an email
else I would email him right now and ask why I CANT PLAY for something I said about someone elses violations =(
Old 2003-06-18, 11:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Jakal
Staff Sergeant

Well it is a general discussion board which means he can post whatever. The lounge here has a lot of irrelevant stuff.
Old 2003-06-18, 11:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
dipietro
Corporal

its not that,
this kid post in EVERY thread,
he makes sure to be the first person to insult or demean someone in EVERY thread
got the forums and do a search for his name
you'll be disgusted =(
I was =(

can anyone else post over there for me =(?

this is so wrong I CANT PLAY.
so wrong.

I could understand no posting, BUT NO PLAYING? for poitning out someone elses violations?
Old 2003-06-18, 11:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Kikinchikin

dude... that sux. i thought we lived in America here? Where theres this thing called Freedom of Speech. This works both ways here, altho serpus has a right to say w/e he wants to, u also have a right to say wut u want to about him. Wut they did to u is like a brutal dictatorship in Iraq. You say one thing, and they take u away. Much like the nazis. i feel for u man.
Old 2003-06-18, 11:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
EarlyDawn
Major General

You were banned for the game for perpetuating a series of posts that were essentially flame-bait. If you don't like what he said, just ignore his posts. Everyone else in the community shouldn't have to put up with your complaining just because you have no willpower.

It's also interesting that you selectively prase those who support you, while condemming those with an alternate view to yours. Probably another factor that lead up to the flame war and your subsequent banning.

The developers want as little conflict as possible on the boards, and by continually posting about Serpus and his "violations", you were engaging in harassment. Funny how the tables turn, huh? If Sporkfire thought that Serpus was such a disturber of the peace, he probably would have been removed too. It's not some conspericy against you.
Old 2003-06-18, 11:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
WritheNC
First Lieutenant

I think you should just skip right over the message board and hire some hacker to find out where Serpus lives. Then we'll talk!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion