Playtest Tonight - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: because we can
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-02-04, 05:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Marsman
Major

Playtest Tonight

From the OF:
There will be a playtest on the Public Test Server on 2/4/2004 at 5:00pm PST (8P EST)
Instructions for getting into the Public Test Server can be found here:
http://boards.station.sony.com/ubb/p...ML/000001.html

The playtest will take place on Cyssor. The following bases will be the designated empire "home bases":

NC: Faro Tech Plant
TR: Kaang Amp Station
VS: Honsi Bio Lab

Please do not attack any of these home bases so that all empires will have a viable spawn location during the playtest.

The objective of the playtest is to capture and defend Gunuku.

Modules will be randomly dropped during the playtest, so keep an eye out for those and install them!

We would like participating players to pay attention to the following fixes in this test build:
* Players will no longer spawn in invalid locations within an AMS bubble.
* Bailing from an aircraft will no longer cause the craft's engine sound to continue playing.
* Fixed an issue where players take no damage when shot at point blank range by certain weapons.

If you encounter any of these or any other bug, contact your QA Reps (we may try to get more info from you), or submit a bug report using the in-game bug submission tool (accessed with the /bug command).

If you crash to desktop (CTD), please restart the game and submit your crash log via the dialog box that appears when you restart the game. If a crash log wasn't generated, please let a QA Rep know that you had a CTD and what happened in-game just before the time of crash.

The QA Reps for this playtest will be:
MorphQA
ProfessorChaosQA

We hope to see you there!

Eric "Professor Chaos" Sison
PlanetSide Quality Assurance

Old 2004-02-04, 06:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
dscytherulez
Lieutenant Colonel

EDIT: Nevermind this post...

Last edited by dscytherulez; 2004-02-04 at 06:26 PM.
Old 2004-02-04, 07:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
TeraHertz
Major

Oh my fking god....
LAG
PACKET LOSS
FRAME DEATH
PC LOCKUP

eeek!

...and that was enough for me. After having to reset my pc for the fist time in months I left. The engine and todays connections and pcs clearly just arent cut our for that kind of thing. Ok, so I'm in the UK, fair enough, but omg...how did they expect to test anything other than how much it would take to kill the servers.
Old 2004-02-04, 08:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
BUGGER
Major General

Misc Info

Well atleast the bailing bug has been fixed, I get SOOO anoyed when that happens.

http://mrchevys3.blogspot.com/

Living is easy with eyes closed.
Old 2004-02-04, 08:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Rayder
General

Misc Info

Ahh, I've never rolled in a Reaver and then blew up an AMS before.
Old 2004-02-04, 10:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
martyr
Contributor
Brigadier General

Misc Info

'twas fun. gal drop with a drawn weapon made me pretty happy
Old 2004-02-05, 12:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Onizuka-GTO
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by martyr
'twas fun. gal drop with a drawn weapon made me pretty happy
I thought you can do that all the time?

Oh I once crshed during a Hart drop, and i logged back in to find myself tumbling though clouds firing my pulsar madly at some distance baddies who did circles wondering where I was!
It was funny until I landed with half health and went boom from a Inflitrator who I landed infront of.

I love you, You love me, Lets go kill those dammn NC's With their jackhammer shotguns, And their Phoenix Missiles too, and make them wish they were barney's too.
Old 2004-02-05, 10:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

I have been drawing my weapons on a Gal/Lib/bailing drop for some time. I believe that you only take damage if you actually fire your weapon before you land.

Also it was nice to see the Radiator changes. That weapon after the CC fixes will have some uses for sure.
Old 2004-02-05, 11:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Marsman
Major

When you bail from a vehicle, you can draw a weapon - you are placed back in first person and you can fire. That has always been so - what the problem has been is that the kinetic dampner "vapor trail" would often be left in the sky starting at the point where you switched back into 1st person (drew your weapon) and would remain there for a long time. In addition the "rushing air" sound you heard while falling would remain playing after you land. It would even be audiable by other players near you.
Both the vapopr trail and the sound have been fixed in this patch. They briefly force you back to third person when you land if you pulled a weapon durning the bail. This causes the trail and the sound to dissappear. You do not "take damage" from pulling a weapon and firing aftr a bail - never have (not sure where that came from).

Agreed on the radiator changes - much nicer now to see the friendly pain fields and avoid them. AMS spawning seemed to work fine - not once did I end up in a tree

All in all I think it was a great test and look forward to seeing all these great changes go live.
Old 2004-02-05, 01:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
martyr
Contributor
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Marsman
In addition the "rushing air" sound you heard while falling would remain playing after you land.
this is what i was referring to. our squads' drops were ordered to keep weapons packed until we were on the ground, otherwise enemies would hear us "whooshing" as we tried to sneak up on them. not so good.
Old 2004-02-05, 02:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Majik
Contributor
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by martyr
this is what i was referring to. our squads' drops were ordered to keep weapons packed until we were on the ground, otherwise enemies would hear us "whooshing" as we tried to sneak up on them. not so good.
That would be kind of funny, hearing cloakers go "whooshing" by
Old 2004-02-05, 03:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Fenrys
Major

I was never able to figure out what caused it, but I would sometimes get 1-2 points of damage taken off my health after landing from a bail/gal drop.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion