PlanetSiders/Tribers? - Page 12 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: This is the upper right hand corner of the page.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-03-10, 03:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #166
Hose
Private

Originally posted by Flamerat
Just to show how much of a geek I am, team 5150 isn't originally a T2 team. They started out as a T1 team and dominated the TWL and OGL CTF ladders for at least a good year. Their main rivals were iE, otherwise known as Imperial Elite. Then, when T2 started gearing up and a lot of players were moving from T1 to T2, they moved along with iE and a few other top 10 clans. From there, they've left T2 and expanded to play BF1942 and SoF2. If any of the 5150 players, let alone all of them, start seriously playing PS, they would be living legends just by rep alone. Although I have to admit, seeing iE and 5150 playing in PS as TR outfits would be pretty sweet.

IE did not play T2, we beta tested it and were very unhappy with the beta and release of it.
Most of IE will probably be trying out PS but knowing what Dave G.s idea of a "fun" game is its very likely that we will not enjoy it. But you never know I am really excited about the idea of a MMOFPS.
Old 2003-03-10, 05:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #167
n3gative
Private

more like how much of a moron you are...I think you got one of your geeky history facts right, gj

hope ps doesn't suck
Old 2003-03-10, 06:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #168
Payback
Private

<shakes his head> The ignorance on Tribes history here is obvious indeed.....

and please, if you played some crazy mod (ie. ultra renegades or shifter or one of those other mods), don't consider that true *TRIBES*. That's like saying Half-life & Counter-strike are the same thing. HL != CS. Any mod for T1 != Tribes 1. Any mod besides the normal (ie. classic, TR2, etc) != Tribes 2.

Of course I'm biased too. I played T1, and bought T2 the day it came out.... was sorely disappointed too. Been playing a lot more recently though, starting with the Team Rabbit 2 patch & up to classic.

I'm sure some people will now yell at me and say that "renegades was cool" or some crap. ok yes, renegades was fun when i first installed T1 and liked flying the "wraith" to the center tower of scarabae.

The reason Tribes 1 is better than any game that ever has come out and ever will come (including PS, although I still plan on getting it) is because Tribes 1 is a SPORT. The mix of Defense, Offense, timing, and the massive learning curve made for the most enjoyable game ever..

Now, let us cross our fingers that T3 moves back towards T1 and away from T2.

PS. Yes I know I come across as a jerk. That one firecracker guy got me pissed off and I carried it over....
Old 2003-03-10, 06:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #169
Flamerat
Private

lol, i thought that iE did move into T2. oops.
Old 2003-03-10, 06:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #170
Payback
Private

Originally posted by Flamerat
lol, i thought that iE did move into T2. oops.
Imperial Elite played with the tag [IE]... if you've seen any other (such as the iE you keep writing), that's someone else.

check out http://tribes.tribalwar.com/ie/ . last time that IE was in competition (that I remember) was for TribesGala when they took home the $10k price by beating S3 and 5150.

When you can listen to a shoutcast of a video game and actually having fun, you know you've got something great. Tribes is a better sport to play or watch or listen to than lots or real sports out there (baseball comes to mind).
Old 2003-03-10, 07:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #171
PaPpY
Private

I dont concider People who ONLY played Base, to be the only true tribers.

I started out on Base, moved onto Renegades when it came out, then on to Shifter.

Alot of people who didn't move onto Shifter over the years loved Base. I loved Base, was fun as hell, but public servers just became newb central, and I needed something a little more fast paced.

Base seemed to be nothing more than a fatty sitting on the flag, while skinny asses skiied around and snatched up flag from the other base.

Base was defenitly more Team orientated, you need to work together more then ever to achieve a win for your team. Something that doesn't happen all that often. Publc servers were turned into dueling grounds.

Moving onto Shifter, You could do what you wanted in public servers and it rarely effected the outcome of the public game.

I never did any Base matches, I wish I would have loved the game that much to compete way back then, but I was running Tribes on a PII 200 with an Ati vid card lol. It was nasty to say the least.

As time moved on, Renegades came about, I believe in 98-99? and Graphic cards were starting to hit the market with one purpose...games. in comes 3dfx and thier voodoo line. I ran out and picked up a Banshee lol...what a card ... The physics of the game were speeding up, Aircrafts, turrets, boosters..thigns like that.

Then Emo had to get involved =\, would have been great if he would have stuck with it. But alas, we got stuck with Lothar, Grey and Gonzo twisting Emo's goodies into thier own little creations.

My point is, I didn't stick with Base long enough to compete, and I am pretty sure you dont compete in Shifter. True, they are 2 totally different games, yet both are huge parts of our past, and most important of all, Part of our future or gaming.

So the next time someone says, "if you played some crazy mod (ie. ultra renegades or shifter or one of those other mods), don't consider that true *TRIBES*." They obviously didn't like the play style, probably for the same reasons us Shifter/renegades players didn't like base.
Old 2003-03-10, 09:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #172
NiNe-t-NiNe
Private

t1 wasnt my first game. I started with q1 tf. was one of the best demomen in the game. Went to HL and tried cs and tfc. cs was fun for a year or so and tfc didnt feel like q1 tf so i stopped playing that. I played t1 for over 3 years. Played t2 for a bit and didnt liek it to much. I tried to like it but i just couldnt. Currently I am still palying t1 with the #1 team in twl right now, Wolfpack. i am also considered one of the best HO in the game. i played sof2 for a bit and just recently stopped. my team in sof2 came in #2 in cal for sof2 in the first season. we lost to zfz by 1. So far nothing has kept my attention as long as t1. i am hoping planetside does though.
Old 2003-03-10, 11:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #173
afex
Contributor
Major

Originally posted by SkyMonkey
Hello Afex, Hamma, Powda, TRD, Yogi et al. You may not know me but I know of you all.

http://www.afex2win.com/pics/tc4/103-0346_IMG.JPG
Old 2003-03-10, 02:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #174
Hamma
PSU Admin

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-03-10, 03:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #175
Squeeky
Contributor
Teh Masturbator

How bout we all stfu, and go get some muffins
Old 2003-03-10, 05:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #176
SkyMonkey
Private

hehe, the TC4 winnars!!

Except: I'm not in that pic...bastards taking the pictures w/o me, I see how it is

I'm in this one though. The big mofo on the bottom right.
Old 2003-03-10, 05:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #177
sucky
Private

suckpenny of t1 fame
Old 2003-03-10, 05:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #178
Iced
Private

I hope PS doesnt suck :\
Old 2003-03-10, 05:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #179
MindTrigger
Private

I played the entire life of Tribes 1 with my tribe called 'Western Alliance". We were damn good. We stuck around and waited for Tribes 2, but once it came out, it was more of the same. Dynamix had a chance to take the game to the next level, and they really didn't. The tribe became disinterested and started to fall apart. I still played quite a bit of Tribes 2, and even play it once in a while now to keep me sharp for Planetside. Too bad they wasted dev time on the community crap in the game, rather than the gameplay.

I see Planetside being the game Tribes2 should have been.....and a whole lot more. I am going insane waiting for it as I am sure most of you are.

Old 2003-03-10, 10:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #180
Payback
Private

Originally posted by MindTrigger
I see Planetside being the game Tribes2 should have been.....and a whole lot more. I am going insane waiting for it as I am sure most of you are.
As soon as you remove the jetpack you take away what makes Tribes different from other FPS. Unless of course you mean in that it's the "success" that Tribes 2 should have been. But as far as the logical-extension of Tribes 1 ---> PS (instead of T2) = no way.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion