Why PS is gonna rock two years from now.. A thread on a winnable MMO and PS's Future - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where Men from Mars have sexy voices
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2002-12-30, 09:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
MrVicchio
Contributor
Major General

Why PS is gonna rock two years from now.. A thread on a winnable MMO and PS's Future

Author Topic: For all those saying, "But you can't win it"
cocob2
Station Member
Registered: Jan 2000 posted 12-26-2002 09:37 PM user search report post
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
One of the main complaints I have been hearing about PS is that you can't "win" it. My answer to that is....
Name me a FPS or an MMORPG that you CAN "win".

You can't "win" CS, UT, MOHAA, or BF1942, yet you still play them.

You can't "win" EQ, UO, DAOC, AC2, or E&B, yet you still play them.

At least in PS, once someone takes your base, you can have the satisfaction of rallying the troops to take it back.

At least in PS, you are paying a fee so that the devs will actively pursue ways of making the game better and thwarting the cheaters.

At least in PS, you won't spend 1 year trying to get to lvl 50 only to have the devs raise the level cap to 60 when you are at lvl 49.

At least in PS, you won't have to spend hours and hours chain pulling mobs to build up exp while you wait for the next big RvR raid to start.

Don't forget, there will NEVER be an MMO game that you CAN "win." If you could win it, what would keep you paying the monthly fee ?

Let the flaming commence

****** SMOKES REPLY< HAVE TO READ THE WHOLE THREAD TO LEARN IT ALL!>****

SmokeJumperPS
Station Admin
Registered: Sep 2001 posted 12-30-2002 04:22 PM user search report post
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DreadAlpha...that question can't possibly be answered by most folks here because we haven't release all game info yet.
What will you be doing with this game in two years? Well...considering that it's a rare game that keeps players that long, I would consider us a major success if you all are along for the ride in two years...but that being said, I think we'll be able to do a great job of giving you new stuff to shoot for. That's one of the beauties of MMO games. We can listen and grow over time to make our gamers happy. That's fantastic for dev team and gamers alike. We *LIKE* giving you what you want...as long as it doesn't cripple the game in the process.

So...you keep requesting stuff. We'll keep scribbling it down and talking about it. And together, we'll build a game that WILL keep your interest for years to come.

On the otherhand, don't worry too much. We know that the basic stuff we've told you so far will only keep you happy for XX months. We have plans for beyond that, however.

And even if we never grew the game another feature (absolutely not going to happen, but *IF*), then the game would still have more in it than any other FPS ever created, so I think you'll be happy for those "XX months" or so.

Time will tell. Just keep your mind open until release and make your judgement then. That's all I ask.

http://boards.station.sony.com/ubb/p...ML/001080.html

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion