How does buying weapons work? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: THE VANU ARE COMING THE VANU ARE COMING
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2002-12-04, 03:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Sytadel
Private

Hm, Is there a limit to how much you can carry, ala a backpack? I mean, a pistol or mag cutter would surely only take one or two slots, but I can't see anyone carrying around a devestator, pheonix, and sniper rifle.
Old 2002-12-04, 05:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Lazare
Corporal

and vanus secondary color is this teal green its stated by the devs somewhere in here
Old 2002-12-04, 06:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Jinxmasta
Second Lieutenant

I hope there is a limit but I also hope I will be able to carry my Lancer and Pulsar. Oh and extra ammo and possibly nades too.

I Qanamil_Rafiki for this sig!
Old 2002-12-04, 07:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Hamma
PSU Admin

There is inventory space, so yes there will be a limit to what you can carry. If your a MAX thats quite a bit.. considering it has a trunk.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2002-12-04, 08:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Zatrais
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Anny idea how that trunk works for a MAX? Like could i carry other weapons than the main gun thats on the MAX suit? I hope not because that would be to rambo hehe... Hope only a small sidearm or something.

Bah, if that trunks to big MAX's will become ammo dispencers =P
Old 2002-12-04, 08:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Hamma
PSU Admin

Thats one of the reasons they have a trunk, ammo for their squad id assume.

Old 2002-12-04, 09:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Tolvy
Sergeant Major

I wonder if it is possible to give BEP's or certs to another player. Lets say you have a Newb friend who wants to be a pilot for you, so you want to give him a cert for it. Would that be possible?
Old 2002-12-04, 09:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Tobias
I'm with the Vanu

Nope, you cant give BEP's away, its like in real life if you were a tank driver who was an Expert with rifles and a marksman with pistals. But you think pistals are super and your friend quilifed expert with them, he cant become sucky with them by "Giving you his knowledge" and magicly make you better. Its the same in the game.
Old 2002-12-04, 12:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
afex
Contributor
Major

the only problem i see with the BEP system as it is now, is that once you earn enough BEPs to have whatever combo of certs you'd like (i know there is a limit) then whats the point after that?

people need a goal when playing. be it winning the map on a 20 min game of sof2, or reaching level 60 on EQ, realization of goals is a need that is always present.

the EQ team realized that once someone hit level 60, there was nothing left to do. fighting monsters was pointless, b/c they didnt' need any more exp, so all they did was go on quests for items. in order to combat this, they added a whole new leveling system just for upper level characters. they also just released a new expansion targeted at high level characters.

the problem with PS that i see, is that you will probably reach the max cert limit relatively quickely (compared to a level-based game like EQ). so what then? just keep fighting for the same buildings over and over? the devs are going to have to think of something to keep Joe Videogamer playing. the average person needs something to reach for in order to have incentive to play.
Old 2002-12-04, 12:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Hamma
PSU Admin

This is true.. they will need to start adding things in.

Havent really thought about that.

Old 2002-12-04, 03:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Zarparchior
Dragoon Admiral

Nor had I. I definitely understand where you're coming from... but that is for EQ. In most servers, it was PvE (Player vs. Environment). That makes it so that once maximum level and items are acheieved, you automatically ask yourself what do I do now? You've "beaten" EQ! Why spend more time on it?

FPSs are much different though. They are generally PvP (Player vs. Player). For most of these game-types out there, the only way to get better is to practise. You don't NEED uber phat lewt or leet levels. You have to learn to play not only against a predictable computer, but against the most random and crafty foe: The Human.

So relatively speaking, a multiplayer FPS that doesn't give you anything other than the satisfaction that you beat your opponents into the ground after all is said and done is not too far off from what PS is supposed to be like.

The primary goal in PS is to have fun. That's what ALL games are about anyway. The means of achieving this goal I'll deem as secondary goals. Secondary goals are usually along the lines of "Winning" and usually not much else. You can have fun at games by just playing them, but the concept of all of them is to be "winning" yet still challanged. For example, if you are "winning" a "game" made for 2nd grade math students and you're in Algerbra 101, chances are you will not have any fun "winning" this "game" over. The means for achieving this secondary goal is usally found by executing Tertiary Goals. These would normally include (for this game type) "Kill as many opponents as I can to achieve victory," "Help my team by using supporting abilities (healing, repair, piloting, engineering, commanding) so they can (as well as myself) achieve victory," or "Perform desired objective to achieve victory" (Defend Base, Distract Enemey Squad, Head to Location with minimal casualties, etc).

So in theory, this game is simply a more massive and extensive multiplayer FPS - and thus should be played as one. You don't worry about topping out of FPSs. People don't stop playing Half-Life or T2 because they're too good. They may quit because that's all they've been breathing/eating/excreting for the past [Insert Amount of Time]. They may quit because there's an even NEWER and MORE BETTER game out there. They will not quit because there is nothing else to be done... Why wouldn't they you ask? Simple: from the moment this game was first played to now, the object of it had been to take down another Human Opponent. And, since we come in all different styles let us just say that you should never run out of different kinds of people to take down.

Despite all of the above, I still have the feeling people won't be able to swallow it as being justification for the "high end" goal of PS. Oh well, I tried.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion