Damn, improvements galore - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: We have 3 ranks: N00b, Vet and l33t whore
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-07-19, 05:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
JetRaiden
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Gohan
Just wanted to add a little backstory, besides saying " OOPS! sorry guys, yall has been fucked and we diddnt notice"

Did you ever happen to think that *gasp* the nc was more powerfull then the other two?
not by that much at all. the NC never really dominate that much over the VS and TR. I dont really care, unless I start to die alot more.
Old 2004-07-19, 05:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS??

"i know... its not fair... damn vs and tr get all the good stuff..."

PUT DOWN THE CRACKPIPE PLEASE!!!

Every time there's a balance pass or new patch, you pole smokers ALWAYS get buffs and we get jack and SHIT. Now you have the friggin BALLS to be complaining that you didn't get anything?

Damn. That just takes the cake.

Stay away from my chocolate titties cake from Sputty, btw.
Old 2004-07-19, 05:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Mag-Mower
General

Misc Info

no, it never occured to me...
We could put it this way too,
NC-0
TR-6
VS-4
The TR and the VS get the same upgrades that the NC do, i dont see that really fair

Last edited by Mag-Mower; 2004-07-19 at 05:47 PM.
Old 2004-07-19, 06:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
F!LTER
Private

Do you ppl understand the concept of a balance!?!

The devs observered an imbalance between the empires (and no matter how much your dumb ass thinks you know, they are in a much better position to judge these imbalances).

That being said, if they gave ALL of the empires upgrades it wouldnt do much to change the balance would it?

Now I know its a bitter pill for you NC to swallow because you see potent weapons getting a buff and you think "Shit thatz a great gun, wtf are the devs thinking?" (ie the pulsar) but do you ever think that maybe they are blancing other aspects indirectly through weapon upgrades; ever looked at the global pop. on markov? Usually looks something like this whenever i look:

TR 30% NC 38% VS 32%

It doesnt seem like a HUGE difference but if say the TR zerg and NC zerg face off on Searhus theres almost 4 NC for every 3 TR, and you know that 1 extra is the one behind you jackhammering you ass.

Remember balance is a dynamic thing, three perfectly balanced empires may need balancing the next month just because a particularly charismatic and tactically minded cr5 apears in the TR or an extra percent of new subsrcribers join the VS cuz they think the purple armor is bitchin (or maybe your MAXs just suck ass :P).

Edit: yay for math... :|

Last edited by F!LTER; 2004-07-19 at 06:07 PM.
Old 2004-07-19, 06:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Indecisive
Major General

Originally Posted by Firefly
WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS??

Every time there's a balance pass or new patch, you pole smokers ALWAYS get buffs and we get jack and SHIT. Now you have the friggin BALLS to be complaining that you didn't get anything?

I concur. Double on the cake.
Old 2004-07-19, 07:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Doppler
Contributor
Major

First off, i dont appreciate being reffered to as a polesmoker. Secondly I want you to flip through the update list and show me how theres this huge chain of NC buffs that i just missed somewhere along the line.

Finnaly need i remind you what happened back during the uber lasher phase of the game, where the developers made huge changes to one weapons system, and that totaly threw the balance off among the empires. That is most peoples issues, if they want to make changes to the empires fine, i'd rather they do it in a moderate way over a couple patches then "BOOM" bunch of adjustments this week, one empire just suddenly got signifigantly more powerfull.

Originally Posted by Firefly
WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS??

Doppler/Galgimp-J/Hardcased

Lord give me strength of arm, will, mind, and the accuracy of shooting to preserve them all.
Old 2004-07-19, 07:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Doppler
one empire just suddenly got signifigantly more powerfull.
Uh that would be TWO empires.

And that would be "two empires just suddenly got significantly upgraded to reach the level of the NC".

Stop bitching. It's been a long time in coming for the TR, and I suppose the VS too when you factor in that the NC have been rubbing everyone's noses in their shit and saying "We pwn you with our 1337 indoor weapons of insta-gib".

Have a nice day.
Old 2004-07-19, 07:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
HawkEye
Major

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Gohan
Did you ever happen to think that *gasp* the nc was more powerfull then the other two?

Last time i checked/read i thought the NC were supposed to be the most powerful. /shrug
Old 2004-07-19, 07:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Doppler
Contributor
Major

Really i dont think i've ever said anything about instagib. But hey considering NC improvements are most likely coming to counterbalance this, (call this experience) i dont forsee it being a major issue. My problem whould be the same no matter what empire i was on, the devs try and change too many game stats at once and a mess ensues.

Doppler/Galgimp-J/Hardcased

Lord give me strength of arm, will, mind, and the accuracy of shooting to preserve them all.
Old 2004-07-19, 09:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
EarlyDawn
Major General

Originally Posted by HawkEye
Last time i checked/read i thought the NC were supposed to be the most powerful. /shrug
Poor excuse. Each empire is supposed to be powerful, in their empire specific ways.

And the NC attitude is tipical in this instance. You are regarded to have MAXes that are equal or more powerful then VS, depending on who you talk to. You have the most powerful HA (Don't gimme that outdoor shit, indoor combat is all that matters for objectives), what's widely regarded to be the best AV because you're protected while using it. Your MA is decent.

On the vehicle side of things, you have the most damaging tank per-hit, an APC that can rape Prowlers with an equal number of crew, and a heavy buggy that eats anything smaller then one of the MBTs alive.

And yet you feel the need to bitch because you don't get as much to feel special for balance patch. Boofuckinghoo, grow up.

It's called balance.
Old 2004-07-19, 10:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
HawkEye
Major

Misc Info

well the NC is always getting nerfed. people whined about surge and triple shot. surge got that gay ass weapon has to go away before it activates and triple shot got a delay on it.
Old 2004-07-19, 10:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Davik Dakari
Private

Amen, if you use the pulsar at range as much as I do you would understand the buff too. The pulsar is a great weapon but it only is good at medium to short range and we all know what will insta-kill you at short range (triple shot jackhammer). The VS needed just a few buffs to be balanced in my eyes, mainly with the Quasar. On the other hand TR DID need a big buff and I am glad they got it and for all you bitching at the TR shut your mouths they have suffered enough.
Old 2004-07-19, 10:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
I Hate Pants
General

Originally Posted by HawkEye
people whined about surge and triple shot. surge got that gay ass weapon has to go away before it activates and triple shot got a delay on it.
and for good reason too

All i can say is SUCK IT DOWN NC MUTHA FUCKAS!!!!!!!
Old 2004-07-19, 10:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
EarlyDawn
Major General

Originally Posted by I Hate Pants
All i can say is SUCK IT DOWN NC MUTHA FUCKAS!!!!!!!
For truth.
Old 2004-07-19, 11:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Phaden
Contributor
Major

Wow maturity is bursting through here.

But yeh that great about the polesmokers comment, very necesary. But oh well.

About the balance to come, im not to concerned. If you look at the bases count, the VS and TR seem to hold a nice big part of the pie for the last week or so. I seriously dont think its that big of a deal, as i have the same thoughts as you do on HA. i dont enjoy being killed by MCG or Lasher. Typically these days as soon as one is in front of me, i lag and am dead, so im used to it. But you can defeat HA, its called SA. Aside from the personal sheild thing, you cand drop a HA user from range with Thumper or even rocklet if you have height on them. Its not that tough.

But seriously, calm down, i dont think this is going to ruin PS for anyone. Basically the TR and VS are getting what has been deemed fair by the Devs. I think balancing has come a long way since a year ago. The devs have learned how people play, and are compensating for it. If suddenly everyone and there brother popped into PS with Rocklet and spent time on how to use it, people would bitch about it as well.

So in closing, congrats TR and VS on getting your upgrades. I hope you find them suiting and that we can all be on an equal footing.

PS. Now if only we could eliminate spies, empires could actually coordinate Raids again....
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion