The war has started...? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Hamma, the other, other, OTHER white meat.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2002-11-25, 04:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Nohimn
Major

Talking The war has started...?

Well, it started. The weird thing is that the game hasn't even come out.. Right now, people seem to be associating stereotypes about other groups. We all seem to be taking turns dissing each other's empires.

NC is full of treehuggers
TR has old people
Vanus are x-file geeks

Old 2002-11-25, 04:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Doobz
Lieutenant Colonel

since when did tr become old ppl?

and i thought the vanu were a bunch of pansies in purple suits
Old 2002-11-25, 05:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Unregistered
Contributor
Custom Title

It's all from what we know of the back story so far....

TR are loyal to the Old Republic, and just want to keep on doing things the way they have always been done.

NC think that the Old Republic needs reforms, and should stop plundering other planets for their resources (tree hugging environmentalists)

VA are running around looking for Alien Technology to power their tin foil hats, or to get them back to the Mothership. Basically their the guys in the Bubble Wrap suits from "Dude Where's My Car?"

I think it's pretty funny myself.
Old 2002-11-25, 05:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
xuur
Inventor of Dirt

War is 773H!

I think alot of folks are just trying to get a bit of rivalry going so when we do enter the game, the desire to do harm to the enemy will be full-on instead of "waiting until we know what we're talkin about". Its just human nature to create 'healthy competition'.

For now, I think its pretty harmless. Once the game begins, I think you're gonna see alot of folk rethinking their positions on factions/weapons/loyalties.

personally, I've yet to decide 'tree hugger' or 'old people'.

but I aint dressing in purple and goin' into combat...thats all there is to it.
Old 2002-11-25, 05:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Doobz
Lieutenant Colonel

So whats the most complete picture of the backstory so far?

is the old republic evil or something?
tyrannical?
how did they end up on this planet?
stuff like that
Old 2002-11-25, 06:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Hamma
PSU Admin

I think its all pretty ammusing myself

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2002-11-25, 06:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Unregistered
Contributor
Custom Title

From what I gather.......

The Terran Republic runs the known Galaxy, and set's up Mining Operations on other planets to get the resources they need back on Earth. They are the ones that settled the planet.

As in any good SiFi story, the worm hole they used to go back and forth from there to earth colapsed, and they were cut off from the rest of the republic.

Once the worm hole colapsed, and everyone was cut off from Earth a certian element on the planet began to fear that they were now Marroned, and that the Republic would not be able to reopen the worm hole and recue them.

They wanted to rethink the way things were being done on the planet, so that there would still be a planet in the future (insert any environmentalist retoric you have heard here).

Others were loyal to the Republic, and had faith that the worm hole would be reopened, and that things should go on "Business as Usual"

At some point their dissagreements turned violent, and the environmental faction broce off to become the NC.

Enter the Vanu.....

On this planet was disscover the remains of an advanced Alien civalization. Some felt that this new Technology should be persued, and developed. I'm not sure why the TR, or NC didn't want to persue the futuristic weapons that had been disscovered, but I suspect it's because the power hungry scum that found them broke off and formed their own empire while the TR & NC were arguing about the environment.

So that's what I know of the back story so far.
Old 2002-11-25, 06:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Tobias
I'm with the Vanu

For now, I think its pretty harmless. Once the game begins, I think you're gonna see alot of folk rethinking their positions on factions/weapons/loyalties.
Maybe YOUR empire suffers from dessertion and the such, but then, its little things like that which will leave you open to conquest by the Force that is the Vanu. Oh, and my outlook on the empires as i see them:

TR: These guys have a great milatary with strong leadership, good organazation, and outdated weapons and tactics. The fact that most of it is political leaves them with sevral power hungry dictators trying each trying to control the Genrals, who also each have their own agenda. Enter the fact that the Rebublics council back on earth no longer directs them, they will hold togeather i think, but there will be cracks.

NC: hippies.

VS: We have found the tecnology of a long dead race. We have found how to use this technology. Seeing the corruption in the TR, what with the rebelion and all, we knew we could not stay with them, but ourselves, common civilians with a love for this new tecnology, would not join a bunch of hippies out to keep the trees happy. We built an army and now we shall conquare. And when that worm hole reopens we shall be waiting.
Old 2002-11-25, 06:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Hamma
PSU Admin

And then, there is Tobias.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2002-11-26, 12:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Qanamil_Rafiki
Staff Sergeant

Crazy Vanu need to learn how to spell first Tobias. You uncouth savages should not be wielding advanced weapondry, it's like putting a rocket in the hands of a child. You may understand how to use the weapon, but you will only use it to gain more power. For what other reason do you have to "conquare" the world.

Please people, have faith. The wormhole will be reopened in due time. Then, NC and Vanu alike will feel the awesome might of the Republic which they feel is corrupt and unjust.

You have no chance to understand, make your time. ha ha. ha ha.
Old 2002-11-26, 07:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Incompetent
Contributor
InComa

Take heart, you of the NC and Vanu, the republic is not cruel, your deaths will be quick and painless, orbital bombardment is in fact, one of the least painful ways to die.

On a serious note, i think all this rivalry come from the fact that everyone here, basically, wants to kill eachother.
Old 2002-11-26, 09:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Tobias
I'm with the Vanu

So...i cant spell big woopie. And we await the opening of the worm hole, for then we shall use this new tecnology to crush the TR and conqure their empire, showing all of Humanity the power of the Vanu. Of course if our experments prove to have the potential they seem to now, we wont need to wait for the TR to open the worm hole...at any rate we shall show the TR true power.

Of course even then they will be blind to it. Please, contunie to squabble amongst yourselves.
Old 2002-11-26, 09:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Incompetent
Contributor
InComa

apparently noone has informed you pitiful Vanu that once our beloved republic reopens the wormhole, you'll be down a couple billion.
Old 2002-11-26, 10:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Wullic
Private

lol this is getting great
Old 2002-11-26, 02:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Doobz
Lieutenant Colonel

since when do the TR have outdated weps?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion