Improvement: Retractable Base Turrets? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where you can ask the devs!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2013-01-07, 10:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Aaron
Contributor
Sergeant Major

Retractable Base Turrets?

You know how when you're trying to repair a base turret you get spammed by shells? What if the turrets were on a track and could retreat back into cover when they're destroyed. The opening could even have blast doors that close when it retracts. That way engineers could repair it in safety from the vehicles while it resided inside cover. It would head right back out once repaired.

AA turrets could come out of the roof of the given structure, and behave the same way. What do you think?

Last edited by Aaron; 2013-01-07 at 10:54 AM.
Old 2013-01-07, 02:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Rossum
Private

Re: Retractable Base Turrets?

Sounds like a good idea! I think it would be particularly nice if there was a way to upgrade base turrets (like certing into base turrets as a weapon/vehicle so that you can improve the default ones). Get some missile launching base turrets with lock-on capabilities (I mean, why wouldn't a sane military have lock-on capable defenses against air and tanks?)

Though, instead of blast doors, it would probably make more sense to have force fields like the ones that keep out enemy tanks and fire. The force fields stop all weapons fire (including enemy fire and the turrets own weapons) which justifies it having to move forward/up to attack.

However, enemy infantry can pass through the force fields to disable the turrets or maybe take out the force field generator and allow the enemy vehicles to attack the turrets directly.
Old 2013-01-08, 02:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
adaroe
Private

Re: Retractable Base Turrets?

Maybe Im just thinking of the crown right now but on most towers as they're being bombarded if the turret got retracted that in my mind would place you next to the tower walls- which is instant death- but i do love the forcefield idea, but we need force fields that are strong but degrade as they take damage.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault