I would like to know whats u guys whink about my new Clan symbole Prototype Thanks ! - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: You have gained 100 BEP for reading this quote.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-04-21, 03:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Stew
Major

I would like to know whats u guys whink about my new Clan symbole Prototype Thanks !

Thanks to let me know honestly about my clan symbole 2F4 mixed with the NC symbol Its just a prototype and iam not a damned good artist but i would like to know whats people think about it thanks !
Old 2012-04-21, 03:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
DviddLeff
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: I would like to know whats u guys whink about my new Clan symbole Prototype Thank

Aside from being a filthy NC symbol I do like the design - the fire is excellent. I do wonder if the pattern over the top of it works though, something else could be better perhaps.
Old 2012-04-21, 03:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Stew
Major

Re: I would like to know whats u guys whink about my new Clan symbole Prototype Thank

Originally Posted by DviddLeff View Post
Aside from being a filthy NC symbol I do like the design - the fire is excellent. I do wonder if the pattern over the top of it works though, something else could be better perhaps.
I would like to get aa kinda shiny texture over the top i kinda like the texture patern but the resolution is not good enough but iam a noob in fotoshop so !
Old 2012-04-21, 03:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
headcrab13
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Stew View Post
I would like to get aa kinda shiny texture over the top i kinda like the texture patern but the resolution is not good enough but iam a noob in fotoshop so !
Nice work man, I really like the firebird concept. Any chance you'll do the TR and VS emblems next?
Old 2012-04-21, 03:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Stew
Major

Originally Posted by headcrab13 View Post
Nice work man, I really like the firebird concept. Any chance you'll do the TR and VS emblems next?
I can work one for ya if you want ur TR ? ill try some concept and see whats can i do i really like to try photoshop but iam kinda noob in it iam good hand drawing but this is a little more complicated when u dont know how to use it !

but i would like to have a really Nice polish over the NC symbole to make it look like a shiny gold metal embleme with the fire it could be awesome but dont know how yet so if anyones can help me with tips about photoshop it could be nice !

Thanks for the comments
Old 2012-04-21, 06:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
PlaceboCyanide
Staff Sergeant

This is why we need to be able to upload images for clan/division decals ingame!

looks very good man.
Old 2012-04-21, 07:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
sylphaen
Lieutenant Colonel

I like the fire and overall concept but I am not fond of the texture.
Old 2012-04-21, 07:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Stew
Major

Originally Posted by PlaceboCyanide View Post
This is why we need to be able to upload images for clan/division decals ingame!

looks very good man.
thanks !
Old 2012-04-21, 07:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Hermes
Contributor
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by DviddLeff View Post

I agree with this The fire effect is sweet, but the texture makes it a bit too busy in my humble opinion?

Nice though!

Old 2012-04-21, 08:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Stew
Major

Originally Posted by Hermes View Post
I agree with this The fire effect is sweet, but the texture makes it a bit too busy in my humble opinion?

Nice though!
thanks but i kinda like the texture pattern but i want this to have a sshiny finish thats make it looke like a shiny goal but i dont know yet how to do it in photoshop
Old 2012-04-21, 09:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
SniperSteve
First Lieutenant

Fire is cool, pattern is too much. Remove the pattern or put it to <10% opacity.
Old 2012-04-21, 02:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Talek Krell
Lieutenant Colonel

Your cobblestone hawk appears to have burst into flame. You should probably have that looked at.
Old 2012-04-21, 02:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

It is cool, but the bird needs..

www.planetside-devildogs.com
Old 2012-04-21, 03:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Shake
Private

I'm just gonna be honest here... It's pretty bad. Don't want to bring you down but I think you could probably do better so I'll just give my feedback, take or leave it, not trying to be mean...

1. Theres too much going on in the logo. The textured logo + the eagle in the center + the fire + the phoenix coming out, its complicated. That isn't necessarily a bad thing but generally the best logos are very simple (think nike swoosh, apple logo, etc)

2. Too similar to the NC logo.

My suggestions: Firstly I don't really think you should use much texture in a clan logo. Look at the TR, vanu, and NC logos... They're all completely untextured, its just color and shapes. That is the way 99% of logos are. Texture just makes the logo too complicated and it makes it look really bad when you use the logo on a small scale (For instance if there was a way to put that logo on a tank or something in game it would look really bad because of the texture on a really small scale). Second I would use something other than the NC logo as a base.

It looks like you're using a bird theme, maybe going for an airborne outfit? You could either find or make a render of a bird (this means an image of the bird with no background, basically the bird on a solid color) and replace the colors of the bird with the NC colors (blue and yellow), dunno, just throwing ideas out there.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 2012-04-21, 03:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
headcrab13
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Stew View Post
thanks but i kinda like the texture pattern but i want this to have a sshiny finish thats make it looke like a shiny goal but i dont know yet how to do it in photoshop
Hey Stew, you might try one of many Photoshop tutorials out there, just google "metal" or "reflective texture" or something like that.

Here's a brushed metal effect you might want to try on your logo:

http://psd.tutsplus.com/tutorials/in...-in-photoshop/
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion