Which VS carbine/AR/LMG would you recommend? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: It's what's for dinner.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-01-31, 01:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Serin
Private

Re: Which VS carbine/AR/LMG would you recommend?

I run with the serpent/h-v45/vx29 polaris. I pretty much want the mobility of the adv laser sight(no right click slow down) and find that they are all accurate enough at mid range without a forgrip to still be effective. I like the 3.4 scopes to be able to see when I need to let up on the trigger at mid range.

I do also have pulsar c/corvus/flare set up for mid/long range with grips/reflex scopes/compensators/hv ammo. But only really pull them out when fighting around tech plans and amp stations. Or if the fight is big enough that I can hang back and pick off people.
Old 2013-01-31, 01:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Flare/Thanatos, 2x/1x.

I'm told there are other weapons available, but I don't know what I'd do with them.
Old 2013-01-31, 02:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Rolfski
Major

This is a rather generic question. There are tons of tutorials/ weapons reviews on this subject and you can always check the stats yourself.

Sofar, I'm quite happy with the default weapons for VS (easy mode compared to NC) except for the sniper rifle. Equipping these with HV scope + fwd grip makes me already quite effective on close - mid ranges. For up close there are better options of course.

Last edited by Rolfski; 2013-02-01 at 01:11 AM.
Old 2013-01-31, 03:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Assist View Post
For me it's all about eliminating the flashy graphics. The VS guns, IMO, put out a lot more muzzle flash and make it hard, for me, to keep targets. The little bit I've played my NC and TR I don't use the NV scopes.
That hadn't occurred to me, but I can see how that makes sense. Guess its a good thing we hardly have any real night in regards to that

Old 2013-02-01, 02:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Gatekeeper
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Rolfski View Post
This is a rather generic question. There are tons of tutorials/ weapons reviews on this subject and you can always check the stats yourself.
:P

Sure, I can make my own calls looking at stats, but it's interesting to hear what other people think about it. And it makes a nice change to just discuss some aspect of the game with other players, without it being all about what needs to be fixed or rebalanced.

Also, I can't get to the official forums or watch videos while I'm at work, and I'm bored, so sue me

Old 2013-02-01, 08:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
BruTaL
Private

Serpent is indeed a beast with it's fast rof,i use the ns-11a for mid to long range and h-v45 for mid to close,lmg's i use ursa for mid to long range and flare for close range.I love my setup but it comes down to personal preference.
Old 2013-02-01, 09:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Shamrock
Contributor
First Sergeant

Pulsar LSW for HA (Nova indoors, no particular preference here, any shotgun will do)
VX6-7 carbine for LA, ( in my opinion Serpent reload time is too long ).
Solstice SF with Grenade Launcher for Engineer.
HV45 Rifle for Medic.
Parallax for Infil.

I mix and match attachments all the time, but definitely laser dot for the VX6, HV45 can also go advanced laser for hipfire or grip for ADS, so up to personal preference here. There is little downside to flash suppressors so id recommend attaching one where available, it makes keeping the aim dot on target/ADS a lot easier. There are better LMG's than the Pulsar for certain roles, eg Polaris with extended clip and laser for CQC, but Pulsar LSW is a nice all-rounder.

Last edited by Shamrock; 2013-02-01 at 09:39 AM.
Old 2013-02-01, 09:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Stellarthief
Corporal

Originally Posted by Shamrock View Post
P There is little downside to flash suppressors so id recommend attaching one where available, it makes keeping the aim dot on target/ADS a lot easier.
Hows that? How does flash suppressor make targeting easier?
Old 2013-02-01, 09:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Shamrock
Contributor
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Stellarthief View Post
Hows that? How does flash suppressor make targeting easier?
Most VS weapons, particularly LMG's have a great deal of muzzle flare which can partially obscure the target when you ADS and are trying to keep the cross-hair dot on them (as well as lighting you up and making you more visible at night to the enemy) the flash suppressor reduces this muzzle flare, so the benefits are twofold with little to no downside ( a small decrease in velocity).

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion