Unreactable TTK= Shotgun..More Nerf/ Less Insta kill - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Dyslexics are teople poo!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-01-31, 02:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
Chewy
Major

Re: Unreactable TTK= Shotgun..More Nerf/ Less Insta kill

Originally Posted by Dreamcast View Post
Yeah...Shotguns kill me so fast that I can't activate HA shield.

Anyother gun other than the SAW, I still ahve time to react with HA shields and fight back and I usually kill them unless they are very good.

You can't compare the TTK of shotguns from close distance to any other gun IMO.....Is basically a Scatmax.
You can't compare the TTK of any gun at med to long range to a shotgun. It's basically a sniper.

See what I did there? You CAN"T take a shotgun outside of CQC without having to spend round, after round, after round, after round to getting single pellets to hit. Even the hated Scattermax weapons are USELESS at range and are only effective at CQC. I run dual Mattocks and still can't use them past 15m. If a lone troop spots me at 20m+ I have NO chance at killing him with my AI MAX. Iv lost count on the number of times I have had to flee from people because they can see and hit me at distances I can't touch.

It's a damned SHOTGUN! They serve the role of room clearer at the cost of being zero good at near anything else. That's the trade people make. Become useless at range for power at CQC. It's the same trade snipers make and I don't see them getting bitched.

Besides, if you're running a HA and entering a cap point or defend area. Why are your shields not up before entering an unknown room? If you're going to breach a room without a meat-shield, then you best learn to turn on your HA shield before giving the enemy time to see, aim, and fire on you. Doing that will give you a much better chance against shotguns. More so if you're as good as your stats say.
Old 2013-01-31, 03:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
Dreamcast
Major

Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
You can't compare the TTK of any gun at med to long range to a shotgun. It's basically a sniper.

See what I did there? You CAN"T take a shotgun outside of CQC without having to spend round, after round, after round, after round to getting single pellets to hit. Even the hated Scattermax weapons are USELESS at range and are only effective at CQC. I run dual Mattocks and still can't use them past 15m. If a lone troop spots me at 20m+ I have NO chance at killing him with my AI MAX. Iv lost count on the number of times I have had to flee from people because they can see and hit me at distances I can't touch.

It's a damned SHOTGUN! They serve the role of room clearer at the cost of being zero good at near anything else. That's the trade people make. Become useless at range for power at CQC. It's the same trade snipers make and I don't see them getting bitched.

Besides, if you're running a HA and entering a cap point or defend area. Why are your shields not up before entering an unknown room? If you're going to breach a room without a meat-shield, then you best learn to turn on your HA shield before giving the enemy time to see, aim, and fire on you. Doing that will give you a much better chance against shotguns. More so if you're as good as your stats say.
Here is the huge difference tho.

First of all most people with shotguns know that...I never seen a guy with a shotgun using it for meduim range lol.

Thats why shottys stay in buildings.

Also Shotgun is way easier to use than snipers....Way easier to get kills with.

Nobody is saying that the shotgun shouldn't be good at CQ...Yeah it should be but not as good as it is now.....

Deny it, all you want but the shotgun is OP in closequarters and is really easy for new players to own with it.

LMAO at your scenerio.

So everytime now I go into a room, I will activate my shields.......and hope when my shield ends, the shotty doesn't enter the room....lol.

Not to mention the fact that I will still lose to a shotgun even with shields on.

I really doubt you spend enough time as infantry if you think u need to turn on shields everytime u enter the room....That is basically suicide because the minute ur shield ends an enemy can enter the same room.
Old 2013-01-31, 05:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
psijaka
Contributor
Major

Sniping is pretty easy in PS2.
Old 2013-01-31, 06:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
Figment
Lieutenant General

Everything is easy in PS2 as long as you are not being tasked with responding, evading, dodging or anything that constitutes self-defense.
Old 2013-01-31, 06:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
Brusi
Contributor
Major

*posts some COD video about a loser raging cause he got pwned and is butthurt*
what ever man... stop calling for nerfs, and start L'ing to P

”You can have hundreds of players fighting against hundreds of players fighting against hundreds of players in these massive cluster-fuck battles

Matt Higby on the scope of Planetside 2

Last edited by Brusi; 2013-01-31 at 06:27 PM.
Old 2013-01-31, 07:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
Chewy
Major

Here is the huge difference tho.

First of all most people with shotguns know that...I never seen a guy with a shotgun using it for meduim range lol.

Thats why shottys stay in buildings.

Nobody is saying that the shotgun shouldn't be good at CQ...Yeah it should be but not as good as it is now.....

Deny it, all you want but the shotgun is OP in closequarters and is really easy for new players to own with it.

LMAO at your scenerio.

So everytime now I go into a room, I will activate my shields.......and hope when my shield ends, the shotty doesn't enter the room....lol.

Not to mention the fact that I will still lose to a shotgun even with shields on.

I really doubt you spend enough time as infantry if you think u need to turn on shields everytime u enter the room....That is basically suicide because the minute ur shield ends an enemy can enter the same room.
I use shotguns at med range every time I run as an engie, the Mauler is the only weapon I use for that class. I even have a slug loadout just for tower defending. A shotgun may be crap at range, but it is a perfect suppressive weapon against groups. Fire a mag at a group and everyone goes for cover. Wont kill a thing, just make them think Im a threat and focus on me to give others time. I gave up ranged killing power to be useful indoors. It's not m fault that others forget that shotguns are a thing don't bother to deal with them till to late.

Plus I never said that you should have HA shields on when you enter EVERY room. Only those that haven't been cleared or have a high % to have a camper. You main HA, this should be 101 stuff for you. Also why are you letting your shields dry out on an empty room? If no one is there turn them off to save what you can for the 1,000s of "what if"s that can happen. Should only take 25%-30% of a full charge to see if a room is clear or not. Or, if those shields are gone from enemy fire then doesn't that mean that those shields saved your ass already from the person/s in that room? You could even try to use the concussion grenades HA have (I think they have them). Pop one of those in a room and NOTHING will be able to turn and fire.

I gave basic tactics on HA shield use. You're pulling odd "what if"s from your ass as a counter. Iv gone over the "what if"s and let me tell you one thing. Plan for what you can and ignore the rest till you find them, or insanity will take over.

Oh and never say I don't spent enough time as infantry. The stats link in my sig may not say my vehicle stats, but they do say that I am NOT a vehicle whore. My vehicle kills are 143, that might mean I farm with HE round. Nope, look at KDR with the vehicle kills and it'll tell you that I am in no way a driver of any vehicle (I mainly use a skyguard or sundy if needed). So that means I have to be in the shit with the troops. What am I doing? Being a support player at all times. I main both engie and medic, both of who need to be on the front lines in attacking and defending bases. I know how to enter a room and clear an area.

You have 3 full days of more play time than I do, yet the number of bases you caped and defended is just 26 above mine. That tells me you stay away from the base fights if you're able to. Don't lecture me on how to move about base fights when you avoid them.
Old 2013-02-01, 01:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #52
Sifer2
Major

Originally Posted by psijaka View Post
There's an underlying tone of "UNFAIR" to these threads; when I get jumped by someone when I'm capping a point or repairing a generator, my instinct is not to try and find someone or something to blame for my death, rather I accept the fact that I had been careless, unlucky or just plain outwitted.

I don't cry "that's not fair, I should have had time to react". Instead, I'll be thinking "They got the drop on me there; I should have been more alert" or "Damn, should have placed a Betty on the stairs before I started repairing the genny". And I'll hopefully learn from the experience.

This doesn't have much to do with Shotguns. More a critique of the low TTK in general. But I see people often use this arguement to defend. Saying well if you just have better awareness you wont get instagibbed so much. Truth is though unless you got a wallhack your going to be getting killed by people that saw you first more times than not no matter how careful you were. Lower TTK just introduces an increasingly high luck factor.

In fact I believe it's why it became so popular over traditional higher TTK games. Simply because if your a low skill player you can still get lucky, and earn free kills all the time. Just cause you came around the corner at the exact moment your opponent decided to look the other way for whatever reason. It also lowers emphasis on better aim/headshots. As for shotguns themselves well. You can take it slow an peek around corners but it wont help you once you creep around, and get two shotted. It's just a "well damn he had a shotgun" moment. Now you wait to respawn, and just hope he didn't move so you can try a grenade.
Old 2013-02-01, 02:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #53
Black Creeper
Private

I'm a freakn' terrible noob and my K/D is pathetic. I was tired of getting mopped up any time I ran into another player in a hallway and I decided to buy the Mauler. Once I started using it, I was still awful. Eventually I figured out to stop running in strange hallways, keep my HA shield on, and to practice aiming. Now when I get killed, my opponent usually has lost some heath and every now and then I kill him first. Having read this thread, I'll try some shotgun camping but it's too boring for me most of the time.

Have you used the shotgun much? It's a situational weapon and as soon is the ideal situation is over, there you are shooting at someone from medium range and getting mopped up. If the shotgun was over powered, woudln't you see everyone carrying one? Why don't they?

Say I'm going into the BioLab so I pick up my shotty load out. Unfortunatelly, I don't spawn in the ideal space. I gotta get there first and there are plenty of opportunities to get killed by another weapon. But in the right situation the risk of being useless at range pays off and the shotgun mops up. That's the pay off and I think, part of the fun.
Old 2013-02-02, 02:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #54
psijaka
Contributor
Major

Well, looks as if Shottys are getting a bit of a buff in the patch.

•All shotguns
◦Lowered vertical recoil, from 1.75 to 1.5 per shot.
◦Reduced accuracy loss per shot, from 1.0 to 0.5.
◦Increased damage falloff range. Damage used to start scaling at 5m and end at 15m. Now it starts at 8m and ends at 20m.

Let the moaning commnece!
Old 2013-02-02, 03:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #55
Figment
Lieutenant General

Some of you are starting to get really annoying by trolling that every critique and disagreement on preferences are whining and low skill players that need to l2p, or whatever.

Jut because something is in your prefered range doesn't mean it is or has to be seen by others as good.

If you are flame baiting, you are starting to get the hang of it. But really, not "moaning/whining" doesn't actually constitute an argument, but is a personal attack and insult. Stop it and debate maturely and respect differences. Seems very hard for some people to respect a different opinion.

If you are too immature to accept people have different expectations then don't bother posting in a disussion forum and sod off.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion